Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An amp to go with my jazzmaster....

• 04-04-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

howdee,

currently using a jap fender jazzmaster with curtis novak pickups straight into a fender blues deluxe.

While I love the jazzmaster and it's distinct jangle, I find myself constantly fiddling with the amps e.q. to try and dial in a nice or better sound.

I usually use it in the input 2 (to save my ears) and on the dirty channel, so it's ever so slightly dirty. I'm always open to the idea of switching amps in future to see if one of them would gel some more with the jazzmaster.

A vox ac 30 would be a good choice, but very temperamental from what I read on here and elsewhere.
    An orange 30 watt might be a good choice. I played one recently, and it was LOUD though....I only used a squire tele through it, and it sounded surprisingly good though...

Anyone use a jazzmaster with a blues deluxe, any dial in settings I could use as a starting point...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I play a Jazzmaster into a Marshall AVT100, which is much less than ideal. I know a lot of JM guys are into Fender Twin Reverbs - but this seems to go hand in hand with wanting ultimate clean headroom from your amp, and using pedal distortion all the way - if you use a dirty amp, mabee that isn't for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I would only just have the amp breaking into dirty a lot of the time, so it would be more or less clean with just a little grit. I would use pedals the rest of the way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Orange AD30,a single channel if you can find one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

fender_jazzmaster_ultralight_amp2.jpg

Jazzmaster amp? :pac:

I doubt you'd be interested in the sounds it puts out though.

I would use pedals nearly all the time, not a high gain distortion guy at all...

• Advertisement

Go into a shop with your guitar and pedal board and get testing? I'm thinking of doing the same thing soon. I'm looking at an Orange Tiny Terror or maybe Dual Terror. (Actually, if I could be so bold as to ask an off-topic question that doesn't really warrant its own thread - reckon either of those amps would keep up with a loud drummer and still stay clean?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Dr Z Maz 18...big enough bucks though. How much are you willing to part with?:D

hmmmm.....moneywise, not too sure, depends on how much im bowled over..ill put it this way, im not rich...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

seachto7 wrote: »
    hmmmm.....moneywise, not too sure, depends on how much im bowled over..ill put it this way, im not rich...

Rich means different things to different people. Realistically how much do you have to play with on a new amp?

I suppose I'd be willing to pay the bones of a grand if I had to, but if I could pick up a used amp, I would go for it...

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    the bones of a grand

If I were you, this is what I'd do.

yeah, thats a cool amp, should I , should I...

what about the vox ac30 head? less temperamental than the combo?

Advertisement