Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badly Reviewed Albums You Love

Options
  • 04-04-2010 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

This comes down to personal opinion of course but what albums have got poor reviews that you love? Mine are...

1.The Stone Roses 'Second Coming'.
    Sure it's not as good as the debut but what could be!? Ten Storey Love Song, Tears, Love Spreads, Begging You are all great tunes. Love the sound of the album.

2.Bob Dylan's 'Self Portrait'
    Sure there are some duds on it and I can only imagine how fans back when was released felt but I have a soft spot for this album, love 'Days Of 49'. It has a ramshackle appeal.

3.Oasis 'Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants'
    Little James and I Can See A Liar are crap but there are some belters on it. Gas Panic,Who Feels Love, Go Let.., Sunday Morning Call are all great tracks.

Your picks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

weezer - pinkerton.

was given 1 out of 5 stars by rollling stone magazine when it came out, caused the album to absolutely sell ****ly i still hold that review responsible for why weezer's music is ****e these days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Dan Dare

This album got very poor reviews when it was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Whitesnake - Slip Of The Tongue. Reviews were far more muted than those given to its predecessor, 1987, and record sales reflected this (sold approximately half the amount of 1987, but was still quadruple platinum with over 4 million copies sold).

All that said, there are times I prefer this album to its predecessor; Steve Vai lends his considerable skill to the album and while it sounds less bombastic than 1987, it is still a very good piece of hard rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think Lullabies to Paralyze is a lot better than most give it credit for.

Advertisement