Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to envoke work at this time!

• 04-04-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I thought I might try to start a thread that would discuss some methods of obtaining work at this time. Ways which were common place in the 70's & 80's but due to the boom have been left behind. Or indeed new ideas.

One I have heard of but due to my youth im not sure it was persued is "when driving around and if one spotted construction which would require planning permission (and they know it wasnt obtained) etc one would then persue the inhabitant and inform them of their planning requirements and hopefully obtain the work".

As I said its just one I heard, but look work is work!

Ideas /stories?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Nice idea, but you'd probably waste more money on petrol I'm afraid. In think these days people are more clued in to planning legislation, etc., than in the 70s and 80s. The instances where people build extensions (that would be large enough to be visible from the road anyway) without planning I'd suggest would be few and far between.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

DOCARCH wrote: »
    ..... The instances where people build extensions (that would be large enough to be visible from the road anyway) without planning I'd suggest would be few and far between.

and, in my opinion, deliberate...

Advertisement