Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sick for easter

Options
  • 04-04-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

hi all you healthy people, is my poor hubbie the only sick person in galway today ( well since friday). he woke up at 2am to go to work but all things went down the toilet , threw up every two hours, had to bring him to doctor , totaly dehidrated water wouldnt stay down. she gave him a jab to stop getting sick. he has no energy at all , drained . so be ware when you go to bed tonight , you might not get up same as in saying 'heuey to toilet',.its wide spread so be warned. so hands up who had it already??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

ya seems to be a winter vomiting thing going around, heard of a few people who have had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Give him a brandy and port and that will sort him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

he just had a bit of dinner, chicken and 2 spuds. getting better. no way could he look at his egg..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

flynnlives wrote: »
    ya seems to be a winter vomiting thing going around, heard of a few people who have had it.

Mr Just had a flu-ish thing last week, was just getting over it when he got the vomitting bug early Sat am. He's heard of several others with it too.

I've just had a bad cold, mild by comparison!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

dec25532 wrote: »
    Give him a brandy and port and that will sort him out.
    This works every time....

• Advertisement

my lad had a bad dose of throat infection with a temp of 104 three weeks go .that was bad ,this is alot worse he tells me. oh he dont drink,and yes he is irish 100%..ive known him 9 yrs ive never seen him this sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

My @#$%ing ears have been blocked since last Monday, and I've had a really bad cough since Wednesday - until the cough I thought it was allergies, now I think it's a virus.

To be honest though, I haven't been right since I had the swine flu back in August. Never used to get sick - now it seems to be every couple of months. It took a lot out of me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Sorry to hear you've been sick Xiney, hope you feelin' better soon..... Best wishes to your hubby as well blond45, that vomiting bug is a terrible thing to go thru', especially at Easter with all the extra chocolate about the place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

My father has the bug.. Vomits with even 2 mouthfuls of dinner. And dehydrated also.. It is a bad dose alright..
    Was talking to a workmate earlier and his whole family has it inc 3 kids.... It's fairly going around alright..
    Get better soon Mr.Blond,Mr. UnJust Mary,Xiney...
    Ps Xiney, I got swine flu over christmas, And like you, picking up bugs ect since.. It's really really annoying...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I had it last week... not nice. Flatmates did not like my vomiting replacing the sound of their alarm clocks in the mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Someone has a thread about it in after hours, they spent some time in Galway last week and now they are sick. I think Galway is infected with something! I have had the tissue box hanging off me for two days now...

Ugh.

Xiney wrote: »
    My @#$%ing ears have been blocked since last Monday, and I've had a really bad cough since Wednesday - until the cough I thought it was allergies, now I think it's a virus.

To be honest though, I haven't been right since I had the swine flu back in August. Never used to get sick - now it seems to be every couple of months. It took a lot out of me :(
    go to the chemist and get yourself a bottle of FOSFER. its a tonic to build your frail body up again . my lad got to day , he took it before and says it does him good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

At this stage I'd almost try snake oil.

You're right though... I should be taking better care of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Swine flu is back doing the rounds again... I had it last week, and the doc said there is a lot of it starting to appear again, she's seen quite a few patients with it in the last 2 weeks.

Zzippy wrote: »
    Swine flu is back doing the rounds again... I had it last week, and the doc said there is a lot of it starting to appear again, she's seen quite a few patients with it in the last 2 weeks.
    well then its my turn to get it this time cos ive gotten away with the sickness so far. got chicken pox 2yrs ago when my 4yr old had it , then i got a very bad throat enfection later inthe year ,it was greeny white very groooose. my head was full with somthing that made it so heavey. day light made my eyes soar. couldnt sleep cos head was soar. sweating buckets of water. temp' was 104. so im well over due somthing bad.

Advertisement