Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skoda Felicia Fun/Pick-up

• 04-04-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking seriously about getting a 'different' car for my first car. I really dont find the appeal in a micra or polo etc...

One model which has caught my eye is the Skoda Felicia Fun/Pick-up which was manufactured in the 90s for 5-6 years. Here's a pic.

Does anybody have any info on them? Its hard to find on the net. Are there many in Ireland or would importing be the only route??

Any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated ;)

- Thanks,
    Dean.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

They are in ireland alright but they're pretty rare. Whats more, almost certainly any one you'll find willl be as spartan as they come, and will have the, rather slow 1.9SDi diesel engine. Should be pretty reliable i guess and surely it can be taxed as a commercial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I reckon I'd begin the search in the UK.
    Nice looking car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Seen 2 of those recently!
    didn't know what I was looking at..think they're really cool though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're an awful yoke to drive though. First drive a Felicia if you can't find a pickup and see what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I knew a guy in Meath that had two of them. He had a habit of acquiring rare machines though. He never had a bad word to say about them.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

• Advertisement

They're a workhorse fair enough. We had one at work with a fibreglass body over the pickup and it was rough and ready and wonderfully simple.

Not a car I'd like to drive every day as a car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most of them here are well and truley knackered at this stage, they tended to be used by dodgy landscapers during the boom. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

There's a guy selling one of these.....

proton_jumbuck_08_05_05.jpg

.....on Academy street in Navan. Its a 01 or 02 Proton Pick up in the same kinda vein as the Skoda. Cant find a link for it , sorry!

Think they're called a Jumbuck or something (Aussie name for a sheep!)

They had one on Top Gear a while back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Slightly O/T but did anyone remember the Sierra P100:

p100-stef-5.jpg

The British loved these so there should still be some on the roads, though rust from gritting the roads with salt might be a problem these days.

• Advertisement

I remember a P100 that used to be going around Kildare years ago alright. Was one of those cars that just went under the radar for me and I was shocked when I saw my first one.

Much the same reaction I had when I first saw the MK1 VW Caddy in the early 90's. thought it was home-made :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

RE: The Felicia pickup, the only one I've seen was at a aVW show in Fermoy a couple of years ago, a mad mental little thing, sliding rear partition for jumpeats and everything. But it's not somethign I'd be looking at as a daily. The Felicia was one of the first VAG era Skodas, and the chassis is based on the MKII Golf, so you're looking at a platform that was designed over 25 years ago. I'm guessing the pickup shares a lot with the early Caddy which is even older. Expect it to be crude compared to today's hatches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

jeekers. I'd nearly buy that. It's so wrong, but it's so right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

There used to be one of those Fun pickups around Galway 8 or 9 years ago. They're quirky enough to have a cult following, insanely practical i.e. full pickup or full 5 seater. Open top driving in the summer. It's never going to be an entertaining drive but if you've got the right attitude, you'll have a great laugh driving one of these in sunny weather. Would be a great yoke for a surfer.

Advertisement