Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure What To Do

Options
  • 04-04-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am a 25 year old gay male. Recently a guy messaged me on a gay dating website who lives quite close to me and we got chatting for a while and got on really well. He revealed that he is not his stated age of 18 but is in fact 16. He has said that he doesn't want to go steady with me or anything, and nor do I with him at that age, but he has suggested that we meet up just as mates to chat and maybe if he felt up for it, to try some stuff as he has no real experience with guys and would like to experience some things. But now I am having mixed feelings about everything and don't know what to do. He is a nice guy, and is a bit loney in his life for one reason or another and I would certainly like to help him in that sense and maybe be friends with him so he has someone to talk to and help him feel a bit better. But I just don't know what to do about any sexual stuff he may suggest we do. I know the legal age is 16 in NI which is where we both live but I just somehow feel weird about him being that age. He certainly doesn't look 16 in the pictures he has showed me of himself (nothing sexual though).

What would you do in that situation? I don't want to flat out reject him and make him feel worse than he already is, but I don't know if I'd want to do anything with him in that respect either. He told me about another guy in the area who was 24 who met up with him the other night and the guy basically forced himself upon him which he didn't enjoy. Having been in a similar situation when I was 12 and had an older person force themselves upon me sexually I would like to talk with him and support him with the experience, but I have this feeling the conversation would soon turn to him wanting to try things due to his lack of experience and then I am back to square one.

Any help here guys and gals? He's suggesting I meet up with him in the next few days and I don't know what to do here. :confused:

Advertisement