Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's Your EPL Manager of The Year?

• 04-04-2010 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Personally I'm torn between McLeish and Pulis but I don't think anyone has blown me away this year. I'm sure Hodgeson will get a large part of the vote but Fulham have been off the pace this year in the league due to their Europa League commitments.

Manager of The Year 92 votes

Wenger
    0%
    O'Neill
    10%
    cruiserweighttony1kenobiOPENROADFearDarkjaykay74redoutMax Power1greendomx PyRopeabutler 10 votes
    Allardyce
    1%
    villains77 1 vote
    Coyle
    0%
    Ancelotti
    1%
    LeBash 1 vote
    McLeish
    4%
    Crann na BeathaDaemosGavRedKingSheepy99 4 votes
    Moyes
    44%
    Bounty HunterSeanehHelixmatrimSuprSiDub13UnearthlybohsmanHolstenA Dub in GlasgoMr.Nice Guyciaran76GLaDOSleninbenjaminPeyton ManningReganio 2CarcharodonongariteironictoasterThe Volt 41 votes
    Hodgeson
    5%
    maddsMars Bardfx-Boskowskititan18 5 votes
    Mancini
    19%
    SickBoyNeil3030super_furrylordgoatapplehunterJazzyeZe^Fuzzy_DunlopJohnerbuilttospillShaneUJames FordeGonzovisiondrkpowerJax TellerBOHtoxMickShamrockkarma_ 18 votes
    Ferguson
    0%
    Benitez
    2%
    [Deleted User]Le King 2 votes
    Redknapp
    5%
    zAbboBogglesHeadshotSuper Sidiousx43r0 5 votes
    Zola
    3%
    Keanojethro081Spiritoftheseventies 3 votes
    McCarthy
    1%
    pickarooney 1 vote
    Pulis
    1%
    JPA 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Moyes
    McLeish for me, great first season after promotion, some impressive results along he way, never an easy team to face, especially at home.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Moyes
    Hodgson or McLeish for me.

Redknapp if he gets fourth would be up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Moyes
    Roy Hodgson, Ancelotti (If they win the League) or McLeish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Moyes
    Has got to be McLeish. Unbeaten at home against all top 4 teams is a massive achievement for a newly promoted side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Moyes
    mccleish for me too

think theyll be relegated next season tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Mancini
    Roy Hodgson.

Fulham play some great ball at home and the Euro adventure continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Moyes
    Roy Hodgson.

Fulham play some great ball at home and the Euro adventure continues.
    Yeah but they're rope away from home and they're mid table in the league ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Mancini
    Has to be Hodgson, just for what he's done in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pulis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Moyes
    Was between McLeish or Moyes for me.Hodgson ruled out,even though i'm impressed its alot more to do with their Europa League venture.McLeish gets it over Moyes as his squad are worse then everton on paper but he's surprised everybody with them.Just shows what a bit of tactical work can do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Mancini
    Woy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Mancini
    1. Hodgson
    2. McLeish
    3. Anchellotti
    4. Moyes
    5. Grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fergie if United win the league.

would be more impressive than anchellotti winning it with chelsea and he has got a mention...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Moyes
    Fergie if United win the league.

would be more impressive than anchellotti winning it with chelsea and he has got a mention...
    But not Ancelotti if Chelsea win it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Zola
    voted for arry.

tbh i cant really stand the wheeling dealing cockney cnut but in all fairness to him hes done a fine job with spurs and has built a genuine threat of a team.

hard to look past for manager of the year imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Moyes
    Why are so many people in the thread saying Moyes?

Everton have had a good but not spectacular season, given where they have been finishing the last couple of years you would expect them to be in the race for 4th.

If Spurs get 4th it's Rednapp for me, even though I don't like him he'll deserve it. Otherwise McLeish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Hodgeson
    I went with Moyes. I like the way he has kept his cool with all of the injuries the squad had at the beginning of the year. Yes, they didn't get off to a good start because of it, but they didn't go into meltdown. They are grinding out results and I like watching them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Rafa. Fahct.

Hodgeson
    matrim wrote: »
    Why are so many people saying Moyes?

Everton have had a good but not spectacular season, given where they have been finishing the last couple of years you would expect them to be in the race for 4th.

If Spurs get 4th it's Rednapp for me, even though I don't like him he'll deserve it. Otherwise McLeish

:confused:

I'm the only person to have voted for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Moyes
    mars bar wrote: »
    :confused:

I'm the only person to have voted for him!

But he's been mentioned by a couple of other people people as being in the running

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Moyes
    Has to be Hodgson, just for what he's done in Europe

Eh... are we not taking about the league?

McLeish for me anyway. Hodgson and Pulis had already established their sides capability last season so really it's McLeish who pushed his club further than anyone else this season imo.

Hodgeson
    matrim wrote: »
    But he's been mentioned by a couple of other people people as being in the running

Right...

But like I said in my post, if they hadn't so many injuries it the beginning of the season, I'd say they'd be hanging around 4th somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Mancini
    Mcleish getting 50% of the vote. come off it.

They are just as bad as Wolves to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

O'Neill
    Pfft no Phil Brown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

O'Neill
    50 votes so far.

Alex Ferguson 0

Rafa Benitez 3

Made me lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Moyes
    McLeish/Allardyce. I voted for McLeish but if I had seen the voting first woulda given Sam a vote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Moyes
    Mcleish getting 50% of the vote. come off it.

They are just as bad as Wolves to watch.
    It's not about whose side is prettiest.

I think Birmingham's season is far and away the one that's furthest beyond expectations... therefore best manager. And funnily enough, I think McCarthy deserves honourable mention too for (what at this stage looks like) survival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Mancini
    Roy Hodgson for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

It has to be Tony Pulis for me, McLeish has done a great job at Birmingham but Pulis has done magnificently well with Stoke to avoid the second season syndrom and if given some funds in the summer can consolidate their place in mid table

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Moyes
    Has to be Mc Leish, i have the highest amount of respect for the way he handled himself last season with regard to Gold and Sullivan. Constant speculation about being replaced and getting no vote of confidence from them. Exactly the same situation that Zola is in now but he coped without the media sympathy.
    And look at the squad he put together that faced much derision. Carr a defender who was past it, Johnson and Dann, midtable championship table defenders, and Ridgewell, plaing out of position. Then Bowyer and Ferguson, labled as past it and disruptive influences. His player management is first class and he deserves more praise than he gets from those knowledgeable in football.
    For leading a promoted team to go on such a long undefeated streak and playing the same XI he easily deserves Manager of the Year.

However I think that the award will go to Harry or Ancelotti/Fergie (depending on where title ends up). These awards are only for those that finish high up and normally ignore those that play well all season but do not put in the eye catching performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Unfortunately Birmingham seem to be tiring now due to the lack of players that can come in and do a job at the same standard as the first team and I always think it's the second season you need to be worried about Pulis I think has done brilliantly again this season so i'll probably give it to him but i think i'll wait in case any manager really picks up some steam during the run in as they say your only as good as your last match;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Moyes
    Gotta be McLeish.

If Villa or Spurs finish fourth then it should their managers. Not Man City. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭LeBash

Ancelotti
    Coyle for me, hes turned a really bad Bolton team into a bad Bolton team, and was nothing short of brilliant to not get embarresed while looking after Burnley, let alone getting a few results and had a good home record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Moyes
    McLeish for me, hard to admit but he's doing a good job at Brum.
    I'll be backing them to go down next season though, you can only rely on Kevin Philips for so long, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Pulis
    baz2009 wrote: »
    I'll be backing them to go down next season though, you can only rely on Kevin Philips for so long, tbh.

He has only scored 4 goals in fairness.

• Advertisement

Moyes

He's mainly used as a substitute these days, in fairness.

The second season is always harder, undoubtedly, but the ace up McLeish's sleeve is that he will have a nice transfer fund to spend in the Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Moyes
    JPA wrote: »
    He has only scored 4 goals in fairness.

Important ones though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Moyes
    I think McLeish because I recall him getting criticism from some sections of his supporters at the start of the season for setting Birmingham up to play defensively and yet look where it's taken them. Fair play to him.

Moyes
    Important ones though.

Take them away and it'd still have been an amazing season for them though.

He's a bit part player who has been in no way vital to their success tbh.
    He's had a similar role to Owen for United this season actually, has scored a few goals off the bench but far from central to their plans.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Hodgeson
    Went for Moyes, but Hodgson would be a close second.

Most people were thinking that it was one season and that the extra European commitments would do for them in the league, but to be mid-table too is an achievement...with a clever signing of Duff and off loading of this lad Smalling and keeping Hangeland..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Moyes
    I agree about the second season being important for Birmingham, but they remind me of Stoke to a certain degree and they've managed ok

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Benitez
    Fergie looked so lonely!

Advertisement