Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature student grant

Options
  • 04-04-2010 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey,
    i am 23 years old and in full-time employment.im lukin 2 go back 2 college in the evenings while still working.i have a mortgage and was wonderin does any1 no is there any grants or financial support i cud avail of????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

less of the text speak for a start ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭shooter1978

you may be entitled to claim tax back depending on the course. thats all i can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭yoshx

i have kinda same situation just without a mortgage, any chance to get some refund or some discount ?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭milkycoffey

you could get the Back to education allowance. It's the same as the dole but at the start of each academic year you get €500 for books, fees or whatever you need to spend it on.
    You can get it if you've been on social welfare for at least 6 or 9 months ( don't know which) or if you've been made redundant and recieved redundany.
    Worth a try.
    As of this year they're stopping you from getting both that and the grant.
    So I guess you'd just have to work out which is the best.
    Don't know if that would help any bit with the mortgage part but it's definitely some help if you're strapped for cash otherise.
    Good luck with the whole thing!

Advertisement