Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun Exercise?

Options
  • 04-04-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Hope you all had a lovely Easter! Does anyone have any ideas for fun/cheap ways to lose a few pounds?? Would love to join a dance class but not salsa or swing......

Thanks!
    BB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

What about set dancing or irish dancing? A bunch of girls I know took it up last year and love it, say it's gas craic and they keep fit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Take up running. It's fun, free and the prom is a great place to run.

That, or Tag Rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭restaurants

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Take up running. It's fun, free and the prom is a great place to run.
    Running the prom early in the morning is the job.
    Always something different to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

running is NOT fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Try Spinning, it great craic, but a tough work out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Sex and plenty of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Learn to defend yourself? Exercise and does loads for your confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

biko wrote: »
    Learn to defend yourself? Exercise and does loads for your confidence.

+1

I recomend this. I started Taekwondo in Renmore last Setember, could not be happier that I did so. I'm feeling much fitter, more agile and more confident than I ever have. Great way to meet new people as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Great ideas there! Liking the sound of the Taekwondo......must look in to it a bit more..............the Irish dancing sounds pretty good too. Agree with Xiney on the running front.......much prefer walking!

Thanks again to all,

BB

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

The Seama academy does various martial arts and a self defense class too I think. The head honcho Dave Joyce is on the boards as far as I know.

I'm trying out Peak Physique tonight. Punchbag and the sauna/steamroom after :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Thanks for the mention Dutchess:)

Hey Blinking Badger:), we do various martial arts classes both in Liosban along with Kettlebell and we should have Bodypump classes back online shortly. We also have a Muaythai class in NUIG. Have a look at the site and if you like what you see, then drop in/shoot a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    Thanks for the mention Dutchess:)

Hey Blinking Badger:), we do various martial arts classes both in Liosban along with Kettlebell and we should have Bodypump classes back online shortly. We also have a Muaythai class in NUIG. Have a look at the site and if you like what you see, then drop in/shoot a mail.

You're welcome Dave:) I've been in Seama once, looks like a cool place.

Just for myself, what would be your most suitable class for women/what draws the most women? I'm very interested in martial arts, but I find it somewhat all male orientated sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Hmm Taekwondo not a bad idea perhaps...

is it expensive does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Zumba! A mixture of dance and aerobics. Lots of fun!
    Tag rugby.
    I've done body pump too, I liked it alot but I'm not sure I'd describe it as "fun":)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Just for myself, what would be your most suitable class for women/what draws the most women? I'm very interested in martial arts, but I find it somewhat all male orientated sometimes...

I would suggest Muaythai, great fun, great workout and great for developing all the essential tools for Self Protection. However, as you say it is very male dominated in SEAMA but not so in the club in NUIG (bout 60/40% male/female) ....but last class is this Thursday until new semester in September:(. You're more than welcome to come in and have a look or train in a class to see what you think anytime.

Advertisement