Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wild journeys

Options
  • 04-04-2010 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

well done to all involved in these programs ,i have enjoyed them very much .

rte one sunday 6.30om

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 imincanada

Well done alright but the narrators voice is a mono tone!!:(
    Some shows are full of inaccuracies and over exaggerations such as last weeks, when the narrator script made continuous remarks that Ireland's water were a bustling home to whales which could be found here 24-7-365.. Thank fully this was put straight by some common sense statements by the actual reacher's who where very professional. Watching the show i felt that the narrator was secretly working for the Irish tourism board which IMO influences all bank holiday weather forecast;)

Its one of the few programs of any quality on bog 1 and bog 2;)

Paying €170 for licence ffs makes me mad when i see the same films on each year-
    Back to the future today and Godfather part 2 last night.. Programing in RTE is suffering at the expense of the excessive movie star wages paid to is presenters!

FFS RTE get real with the programing and please give is some entertainment to stop us from slitting or wrists in these manic times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Havent seen it yet, surely some rip off of some British series?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

imincanada wrote: »
    Well done alright but the narrators voice is a mono tone!!:(
    Some shows are full of inaccuracies and over exaggerations such as last weeks, when the narrator script made continuous remarks that Ireland's water were a bustling home to whales which could be found here 24-7-365.. Thank fully this was put straight by some common sense statements by the actual reacher's who where very professional. Watching the show i felt that the narrator was secretly working for the Irish tourism board which IMO influences all bank holiday weather forecast;)

Its one of the few programs of any quality on bog 1 and bog 2;)

Paying €170 for licence ffs makes me mad when i see the same films on each year-
    Back to the future today and Godfather part 2 last night.. Programing in RTE is suffering at the expense of the excessive movie star wages paid to is presenters!

FFS RTE get real with the programing and please give is some entertainment to stop us from slitting or wrists in these manic times!
    l

best try get out more .;)

murph226 wrote: »
    Havent seen it yet, surely some rip off of some British series?

how can u comment on something u dont know any thing about .

(QUOTE ).
    Its best keep your mount shut and let every one think your a fool than open it and remove all doth .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

jwshooter wrote: »
    well done to all involved in these programs ,i have enjoyed them very much .

rte one sunday 6.30om

Twas good alright - but sad that only days after it featured the Golden Eagle project, poor Conal the first Irish born eagle in nearly 100 years was found poisoned in Sligo:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

jwshooter wrote: »
    how can u comment on something u don't know any thing about .

(QUOTE ).
    Its best keep your mount shut and let every one think your a fool than open it and remove all douth .

I wasn't commenting on the content of the programme JW, just that the RTE cant come up with anything original on their own!

Maybe it'd be best to do a spell check rather than post misspelled quotes and let everyone know you're a fool!

murph226 wrote: »
    I wasn't commenting on the content of the programme JW, just that the RTE cant come up with anything original on their own!

Maybe it'd be best to do a spell check rather than post misspelled quotes and let everyone know you're a fool!

well they did .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

I agree with JP, Excellent show, its about time RTÉ got the finger out and showed our beautiful wildlife to the nation, i will admit though its a bit sensationalist, the tourism board definately had influence in the making of it. The people who poisioned those eagles should be flogged, bloody gombeens...

I agree with JP, Excellent show, its about time RTÉ got the finger out and showed our beautiful wildlife to the nation, i will admit though its a bit sensationalist, the tourism board definately had influence in the making of it. The people who poisioned those eagles should be flogged, bloody gombeens...

that would be good marketing ,if BF did have a hand in it or fronted some money towards the making of this series .

the country is broke ,if the likes of the eagle project is to succeed we have to bring in the money from some where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

Yeah with our tax money we should be feeding the Eagles instead of feeding and sheltering the bloody vultures in Ireland (the Banks and their cronies).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

The last programme featured the Painted lady migrant butterfly invasion of last summer - prepare folks for another one this year since Morocco just had its wettest winter since the early sixties ie. Tonnes of caterpillar food:)

Advertisement