Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oaks - Newbridge

Options
  • 04-04-2010 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Can anyone who lives here or knows Newbridge well tell me what its like to live in the housing estate, The Oaks? or What kind of reputation it has around Newbridge?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

I live very close to this estate, and I think it's very nice. Some of the houses are 25+ years old, there is another section built a lot more recently. If the older houses are well kept then they are lovely. The estate is well located too, close to shops, school, church, motorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

I live nearby. It is an old estate and generally quiet. The school is at the back of the estate beside the church so if you are near that it can be annoying during school drop off times due to idiotic parking. Back right as you look from the road.

If you are buying there, expect to do a lot of work. A plumber friend of mine tells me that many of those are gun barrel pipes and will need replacement. Insulation is non-existent unless already done by previous owner. The houses to the back of the estate close to the elms are newer and in better shape. The difference in design is obvious.

Lane way between oaks and ballymany shops has been known for trouble during late hours but not frequently. That is at the back left of the estate as you stand looking from the main entrance from main road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Damien360 wrote: »
    I live nearby. It is an old estate and generally quiet. The school is at the back of the estate beside the church so if you are near that it can be annoying during school drop off times due to idiotic parking. Back right as you look from the road.

Lane way between oaks and ballymany shops has been known for trouble during late hours but not frequently. That is at the back left of the estate as you stand looking from the main entrance from main road.
    I used to live there many moons ago and would agree with the two points above. Cant comment on the plumbing etc as I never had any issues therewith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

All the houses around the numbers 150-160 are very well kept, from my viewing. Not so sure about the rest of the estate. But haven't heard of any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

whatever ya do stay away from 160, my brother used to live there and the things that used to happen in that house were unbelievable, ask any of the neighbours there

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    whatever ya do stay away from 160, my brother used to live there and the things that used to happen in that house were unbelievable, ask any of the neighbours there

Don't leave it hanging there. What happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Damien360 wrote: »
    Don't leave it hanging there. What happened ?
    all sorts of mad stuff, all the doors upstairs start banging one night, presses emptied themselves, tvs were flicking through the channels, one of them had no remote

i never witnessed any of it, i would of sh!t myself ha

supposedly a taxi driver told them one night they were crazy to live there and told them to call into a man a few doors down and he would tell them all about it

guil wrote: »
    all sorts of mad stuff, all the doors upstairs start banging one night, presses emptied themselves, tvs were flicking through the channels, one of them had no remote

i never witnessed any of it, i would of sh!t myself ha

supposedly a taxi driver told them one night they were crazy to live there and told them to call into a man a few doors down and he would tell them all about it

Me thinks I smell wacky backy :D:D

Advertisement