Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht rugby chat thread

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Smurf666

Any one no of any spring tag rugby leagues going on, on weekday evenings in or around the city?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Smurf666 wrote: »
    Any one no of any spring tag rugby leagues going on, on weekday evenings in or around the city?
    Thanks!

There's a spring league starting April 6th in Dangan: http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/wheretoplay/connacht_ucg_dangan.php

I'm sure they can find a team for you, there's always a few teams looking for players...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Smurf666

I have a team just no league to play in!
    I saw that one but apparently the details are wrong its on Sunday's not Wednesday's and its €350 not €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Smurf666 wrote: »
    I have a team just no league to play in!
    I saw that one but apparently the details are wrong its on Sunday's not Wednesday's and its €350 not €250.

No, the one I linked to is the IRFU spring league, on Wednesday evenings in Dangan from April 6th and costs €250:
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/wheretoplay/connacht_ucg_dangan.php

The ITRA spring league is on Sundays in St. Marys and costs €350:
    http://www.tagrugby.ie/News/Spring-League-in-Bushy-Park-post-83.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 27 solid oak

Who won the Connaught schools senior cup today between jes and Sligo grammer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Jes.

http://domestic.connachtrugby.ie/schools/

Wednesday, 09 March 2011 16:57

Coláiste Iognáid 23 – 13 Sligo Grammar

Coláiste Iognáid won the 2010/11 Supermacs Connacht Senior Schools Cup final at The Sportsground after beating title holder Sligo Grammar 23 – 13.
    Grammar got off the mark the better of the 2 teams and out-half Colm Egan put them in the lead with a 5ht minute penalty after The Jes were caught diving off their feet at the breakdown. David Cunnane levelled the scores 2 minutes later with a penalty for Jes but Sligo were in the driving seat and after a deft offload from scrum-half Enda Gavin David Heath scored the first try of the match. 5 minutes later Colm Egan intercepted a stray Jes pass and after jinking his way passed 3 defenders offloaded to John Healy to score Sligo’s 2nd try of the game. The conversion attempt fell just short leaving Sligo with a 13 3 lead. Coláiste Iognáid were unlucky not to secure their 1st try of the game when, after 3 penalties in the Grammar 22, Fiachra Bourne’s try was disallowed after referee Karol Collins spotted a forward pass. Sligo’s number 8 Diarmuid O’Dowd-Hill was sin-binned for collapsing a Jes maul and they paid for his absence when flanker Michael Burke crashed over just before half-time. Winger Robert Butler added the conversion to leave just 3 points between the 2 sides at half-time at 13 – 10.

Coláiste Iognáid started the second-half as they finished the first and it took just 3 minutes for Butler to cross for his second try of the match after Davin Cunnane’s inside pass to captain Brian Dixon and his off-load in the tackle left the winger free to dot down under the posts. Butler added the conversion to leave 4 points between the sides and the Jes were unlucky not to add another try 10 minutes later, hooker Robet Murray was brought down by a try saving tackle from Grammar full-back Jason McGoldrick.

22 minutes into the second-half Robert Butler kicked a penalty for the Jes to leave 7 points between the 2 sides and despite late pressure from the Grammar with excellent ball-carryies from captain Thomas Ferrari and lock Shane Boyle, Jes finished the stronger of teh 2 teams. With virtually the last play of the game Robert Butler added 3 more points to bring his tally to 15 to leave the final score Coláiste Iognáid 23 – 13 Sligo Grammar.
    Pics (C) www.inpho.ie

While we are at it, who do people here in The Galway Forum Support Locally? I support Corinthians myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

Boys Club all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 17 connachteagle

I see on the Connacht Facebook page that the branch are trying to organise a supporters bus to the munster game! Is there many going?

Connacht Rugby
    "Ok for those of you interested in going on the supporters bus to Thomand, please email your name and number to mfallon@cbirfu.com by 12pm Friday."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I see on the Connacht Facebook page that the branch are trying to organise a supporters bus to the munster game! Is there many going?

Connacht Rugby
    "Ok for those of you interested in going on the supporters bus to Thomand, please email your name and number to mfallon@cbirfu.com by 12pm Friday."

I'll probably head on down. Haven't made an away game this season so I have to make amends.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Now that the Magners League final is confirmed as an all Irish affair can we presume that Connacht willl play in the H Cup next year ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Now that the Magners League final is confirmed as an all Irish affair can we presume that Connacht willl play in the H Cup next year ???

No. it has no bearing on it. Leinster have to win the H Cup in a few weeks for Connacht to be in it next season.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

fatguy2k1 wrote: »
    No. it has no bearing on it. Leinster have to win the H Cup in a few weeks for Connacht to be in it next season.

At least I have a genuine reason to support Leinster in the final now....other than them being an irish team. Any other time of the year, I can't stand them :pac:

We are like totally doing it for the Boggers over in Connacht....Roysh?

BA4F5746D5F84607899C425680D3A56A-0000336624-0002319132-00290L-49EA241EB91B48BCA7A7D2F11C2C5670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

BUMP.

This thread is surprisingly quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I think the thread in the Rugby forum sums everything up tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

I hate the way Connacht Rugby flags take over the city, includind ruining the lovely promenade

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since this thread has been quiet a long time and it's been bumped for no reason at all I suppose its time to shut this down too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement