Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht rugby chat thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Why are the tickets more expensive than usual? I know its a Euro game but its still only the Challenge Cup.

it's €5 more for a European match and a quater final. it's going to be a sell out, can Connacht not try and make some money on the biggest game of the season (so far!) for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

fatguy2k1 wrote: »
    it's ¬ 5 more for a European match and a quater final. it's going to be a sell out, can Connacht not try and make some money on the biggest game of the season (so far!) for them?

If its a sell-out they ll be making money either way.
    Another way of looking is this-it may be construed as being slyly opportunistic.
    I ve supported Connacht for years but I wont blindly throw money at them.Ticket prices are being talked about and questioned by fans.
    I just hope the powers-that-be are aware of this.
    Best of luck Connacht.

"slyly opportunistic" ? It's a quater-final match. did you honestly expect it to be the same price as a reguler game?

Connacht have the cheapest season tickets in all of the Magners League. The season ticket have been the same for the last two season and will be the same again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    If its a sell-out they ll be making money either way.

If someone asked you would you like more money would you refuse? Its supporting your local team.

Connaught are right to have more expensive tickets than usual, its a big european game and the quarter-final stage.

But if you don't think they are worth it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

I know 25 might be a push for a lot of people in these times but european quarter finals with the opportunity of a home semi final don't come along every day of the week. If you can afford to go to the game don't refuse to turn up because the price is gone up by the price of a pint.

We have the only unbeaten side in European competition playing on our doorstep, who are unbeaten in seven games at the Sportsground and who played the European champions off the pitch away from home two weeks ago with not even a full strength squad, there are plenty of current and future internationals in the Connacht side but if Connacht want to improve the squad further, they need the support to come in the gates.

The weather is going to be good, it'll all be done and dusted before 3.00 so you have the rest of the afternoon to do what you want, the Munster game isn't on until 5.30 so there's no excuses.

Get down to the Sportsground and get behind the lads. Come on Connacht:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Connacht have the cheapest season tickets in all of the Magners League. The season ticket have been the same for the last two season and will be the same again this season.[/QUOTE]

This years season ticket was more expensive than any of the other provinces and they lost a lot of season ticket holders by not making it good value.

Having said that i'll be forking out my €25 and looking forward to a good game and hopefully a home semi to follow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Hennybug wrote: »
    Connacht have the cheapest season tickets in all of the Magners League. The season ticket have been the same for the last two season and will be the same again this season.

This years season ticket was more expensive than any of the other provinces and they lost a lot of season ticket holders by not making it good value.

Having said that i'll be forking out my €25 and looking forward to a good game and hopefully a home semi to follow :D

The other provinces don't include European games in their season ticket, they are only for league games and friendlies, with the option to purchase tickets for European matches. In addition, Munster play some games in Musgrave Park, so their season tickets are only for Thomond games. Connacht season ticket is for all league games plus all European or friendly games. Having said that, you would want to go to every game to get the value of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

Have to say, this is a great day for the city....and better to come. A European semi in the dog track! Who'd have thought it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

BIG HEADS UP!

Connacht V Munster this Sunday 18/04/10 K/O is 17:05PM!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Lambs to the Slaughter.......:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

In fairness we only bet ye 12-6 at the Sportsground last year so I wouldn't be that negative about ye're chance.;)

I wonder what side Munster will field?

Steyr wrote: »
    BIG HEADS UP!

Connacht V Munster this Sunday 18/04/10 K/O is 17:05PM!:D

Wow you're really getting into it! ;)

Another convert, welcome to the club :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lavaghball

Should this thread be called 'Connacht rugby thread' rather than 'Galway rugby thread'?
    Not trying to split hairs but that is its correct title.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Well, Connacht is so big that it'd have to be moved to Rugby forum then.
    Maybe Cork has a Munster rugby thread, I don't know, but a thread in Galway City will have to be about Galway Rugby - hence the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Galway United draw over half of their support from outside the city, but Terryland Park is in Galway City.

Daft thread title IMO.

I get you now, the team in Galway is called Connacht and their pitch is by the dogs race course?
    What about Galwegians? That another team?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

biko wrote: »
    I get you now, the team in Galway is called Connacht and their pitch is by the dogs race course?
    What about Galwegians? That another team?

Yep, entirely different teams. There are a few club rugby teams in Galway City, and the Provincial team, Connacht, is based here.

Big game at the weekend. Any opinions on the liklihood of catching Munster on the hop? Looks like its gonna be another sunny one so there should be a bit of craic around town on Sunday.

Yep, entirely different teams. There are a few club rugby teams in Galway City, and the Provincial team, Connacht, is based here.
    Sound, in my ignorance I thought the lads wanted a thread for every rugby team in every county in Connaught in this thread.

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    Wow you're really getting into it! ;)

Another convert, welcome to the club :D

Dude im pretty much there for every home game standing beside Robbo!! G'wan CONNACHT! Always supported Connacht, and Corinthians at City Level.

Steyr wrote: »
    Dude im pretty much there for every home game standing beside Robbo!! G'wan CONNACHT! Always supported Connacht, and Corinthians at City Level.

My bad! You're hard core man, standing over there! ;):D

There is a real chance that we could get Heineken Cup rugby to Galway next year. Ulster lost again during the week and if we finish above them in teh Magners League, win the Amlin Cup or finish above a Welsh team in the Magners it'll be some year next year.
    A win on Sunday would really put us in pole position. hopefully the Munster lads aint in the humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

lavaghball wrote: »
    There is a real chance that we could get Heineken Cup rugby to Galway next year. Ulster lost again during the week and if we finish above them in teh Magners League, win the Amlin Cup or finish above a Welsh team in the Magners it'll be some year next year.
    A win on Sunday would really put us in pole position. hopefully the Munster lads aint in the humour.

I thought the finishing above a welsh team route was closed, now that the winners get an extra place for their country i.e. if Munster or Leinster win the Heineken Cup, Connacht are automatically through.

lavaghball wrote: »

Finishing above a Welsh team is no longer an evenue into the HEC, it used to be the case that the fourth Welsh or Irish team, whichever finished higher in the league, got a playoff against the third Italian team to get into the HEC. That was changed this year. We have 3 ways to get a HEC spot for next season now: Win the Amlin Cup, finish ahead of Ulster in the Magners League, or for Leinster or Munster to win the HEC.

Sorry dudes. My bad. I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject. Still if we finish ahead of the nordies it is party time!

Expect a ridiculous time and date to be announced for the re-fixed Connacht v Leinster to announced shortly.

Ya not good. Next Wednesday evening. Our squad will be seriously stretched and the short notice means there probably will be a drop in attendance with very little away support.

Ya not good. Next Wednesday evening. Our squad will be seriously stretched and the short notice means there probably will be a drop in attendance with very little away support.

Oh no there wasnt! Brilliant attendance from our side and a decent amount of travelling Leinster supporters, my throat is killing me from all the shouting but it was worth it, we played brilliantly, brilliant defence, great result!

CONNACHT! CONNACHT! CONNACHT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Gutted I couldn't make it tonight. But great result! Well done Connacht!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement