Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht rugby chat thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Game over with Ulster winning......... disgraceful getting beaten that heavily by the team bottom of the table, now they must beat two decent sides in a row.... looks unlikely now!

There are several welsh internationals playing for Scarlets. Like it or not Connacht are the worst team in the Magners league on paper at least, no matter who's at the bottom of the table (which btw Connacht were until the win against Leinster).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Not sure how much of a chance we have of winning the Amlin cup and getting into the HEC via this route. Three seriously talented teams still in it with us. I think in the end we will be relying on Leinster or Munster to win the HEC and get us into it for next season this way. Definitely not the route most of us would want but I think its the most realistic one.

As a matter of interest what would happen in the situation of us winning the Amlin cup and Munster/Leinster winning the HEC. Who would get the extra HEC place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

As a matter of interest what would happen in the situation of us winning the Amlin cup and Munster/Leinster winning the HEC. Who would get the extra HEC place?
    Best ranked club in the ERC rankings (I'm guessing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

evil_seed wrote: »
    Note to self get a big flag

FACT, im going up on Thursday morning to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

evil_seed wrote: »
    Mods, can this thread get merged with the Connacht thread in rugby? No point posting in 2 different threads about pretty much the same thing.

I think this was set up for the people of Galway to keep them informed on Connacht Rugby. Lets just say to increase it's profile. Galway United have a thread. The rugby forum is for the hardcore and if you say anything half wrong over there you get slatted/insulted and called clueless! Lets Keep it out of here. I like to read the rugby threads but I dont post there. Too many ego's. I know more about rugby than you types.

On Connacht, it's a pity the games came too quick together. Scarlets away was surely a winnable game. Regardless of there obvious talents, they were bottom of the table and only for one of the highest losing bonus points records in the league they would be further behind. Beating Toulon is going to be a huge task and hopefully a few things like the French traditionally being bad on the road, a huge crowd and a massive performance from the team can see them reaching the final. Come on Connacht;)

• Advertisement

Steyr wrote: »
    FACT, im going up on Thursday morning to buy one.

I think I'm going to get a scarf, stylish and practical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

darrenh wrote: »
    The rugby forum is for the hardcore and if you say anything half wrong over there you get slatted/insulted and called clueless! Lets Keep it out of here. I like to read the rugby threads but I dont post there. Too many ego's. I know more about rugby than you types.

Very true. A lot of ego's, twats and big men only too eager to jump down your throat if you get it slightly wrong on some wanky specific technical point or rule of the game, just to show everyone else how smart and smug they are.

Of course there is then the whole Munster Leinster crap and even worse this season has been the ROG v Sexton (countless mind numbing) debates. Anything can be twisted into a row about them. It could be a thread on Connacht and Ulster, Mother Theresa and Ghandi and yet some muppet will start on about Munster or Drico or Shaggy and off they go. Bored to tears with it a long time ago and just don't bother posting there.

I think I'm going to get a scarf, stylish and practical!

Interesting, i think Johnny "Concrete" O'Connor may appreciate a flag and scarf combo?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

technical point or rule of the game

it's laws not rules ;):P. sorry couldn't resist. red rag to a bull and all that lol

Interesting, i think Johnny "Concrete" O'Connor may appreciate a flag and scarf combo?:D

I don't know this person, is he another one of Galway's countless 'characters'?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I don't know this person, is he another one of Galway's countless 'characters'?
    *cough*.

Lol I'd only know 2 players names tbh. I still don't know what the deal is with the aforementioned scarf and flag combo though *feels excluded* :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

Very true. A lot of ego's, twats and big men only too eager to jump down your throat if you get it slightly wrong on some wanky specific technical point or rule of the game, just to show everyone else how smart and smug they are.

Of course there is then the whole Munster Leinster crap and even worse this season has been the ROG v Sexton (countless mind numbing) debates. Anything can be twisted into a row about them. It could be a thread on Connacht and Ulster, Mother Theresa and Ghandi and yet some muppet will start on about Munster or Drico or Shaggy and off they go. Bored to tears with it a long time ago and just don't bother posting there.

I agree with every word of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I agree with every word of this.

In fairness, the rugby forum is a lot easier to post in now Toomevara is modding it, he's clamped down big time on the inter provincial BS.
    Lol I'd only know 2 players names tbh. I still don't know what the deal is with the aforementioned scarf and flag combo though *feels excluded* :(

Keep coming to games Brian, you'll get to know the players a lot better and the more you do, the more involved you get!

On an excellent note, has anybody been down to Salthill today? The prom is draped in Large Connacht Rugby Flags, and it looks brilliant!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Anybody got any pics of this yet? Not very weather permitting to walk out from the East-Side of the city, would love to see them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Zzippy wrote: »
    In fairness, the rugby forum is a lot easier to post in now Toomevara is modding it, he's clamped down big time on the inter provincial BS.

Its not really the intro-pro BS thats annoying. The 'I know every law and if you dont.... well then dont comment' brigade, that keep most people from commenting. A guy called Goose over there would start a fight with himself if no one else would row with him! The insults some people get are crazy. The amount of times I read... "you obviously know nothing about rugby" was staggering. I love reading some guys views as they really know what they are on about and it improves my knowledge. Here's another one. Some people over there think journalists and TV pundits get their info and thoughts from Boards Rugby Forum!! They actually really think that!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

darrenh wrote: »
    Its not really the intro-pro BS thats annoying. The 'I know every law and if you dont.... well then dont comment' brigade, that keep most people from commenting. A guy called Goose over there would start a fight with himself if no one else would row with him! The insults some people get are crazy. The amount of times I read... "you obviously know nothing about rugby" was staggering. I love reading some guys views as they really know what they are on about and it improves my knowledge. Here's another one. Some people over there think journalists and TV pundits get their info and thoughts from Boards Rugby Forum!! They actually really think that!:pac:

The crazy stuff only happens when "visitors" come upon the forum. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

The prom is draped in Large Connacht Rugby Flags, and it looks brilliant!

And they've got the Quincentinal Bridge covered in flags too:) Pity some of the places in town wouldn't do a bit:mad:

Shanley wrote: »
    Anybody got any pics of this yet? would love to see them though!

Il be down there tomorrow at the Gym so il get some snaps. TBH win/lose or draw they should stay there permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Il be down there tomorrow at the Gym so il get some snaps. TBH win/lose or draw they should stay there permanently.
    Agreed.

I'm down here in Limerick quite a lot and they have the Orc flags pretty much permanently festooning the Shannon Bridge and it looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

Connacht v Toulon - Sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭axiom32

u sure when did ya check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

very sure and around 11:30am is when they went out.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fernandovargas

an awful lot of glory grabbers in galway, wud be the same if galway utd wer doing well, please god connaught will catch an over confident toulon off guard on friday, as for the flags on the prom its nothing special really but its somethan i supose

Here ya go:

P1020120.jpg

Looks good, better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Seriously jealous. Great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

What TV station is showing it?

Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed