Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht rugby chat thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Final reminder Connacht v Dragons tomorrow evening at 5.30 Galway Sportsground.
    Or you'll do what? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Great result for Connacht today.

What sort of attendance was at the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Great result for Connacht today.

What sort of attendance was at the game?

A little over 1300, poor. Hopefully this win will attract a much larger crowd next game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Was a pretty good game, hope they don't make a habit of giving away easy points at the end of a game though. Will defo be hitting up the sportsground once I get some money together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Or you'll do what? :D

I have been known to drag people kicking and screaming to the Sportsground if they don't agree to come;)

Hopefully this result (and hoepfully a couple of decent away performances & results) will encourage a few more to come for the next few home games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Was a pretty good game, hope they don't make a habit of giving away easy points at the end of a game though. Will defo be hitting up the sportsground once I get some money together.

The consolation score for Dragons came after a raft of substitutions for Connacht. Understandable to ease up and lose a bit of continuity after scoring 4 tries, the game was over and half the team are changed.
    BTW, loved Keatley's salute to the crowd before touching down for the bonus point try, cheeky but great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Later that evening he said to one or two that he was saluting the crowd but on video it more looks like Jack the lad stuff. Great try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Zzippy wrote: »
    The consolation score for Dragons came after a raft of substitutions for Connacht. Understandable to ease up and lose a bit of continuity after scoring 4 tries, the game was over and half the team are changed.
    BTW, loved Keatley's salute to the crowd before touching down for the bonus point try, cheeky but great fun :D

i hate that kinda ****e. Put the ball down 1st, celebrate after

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

looking to go to the next home game, do i need to buy tickets or can i pay at gate?

evil_seed wrote: »
    i hate that kinda ****e. Put the ball down 1st, celebrate after

Each to their own. :rolleyes:
    shakin wrote: »
    looking to go to the next home game, do i need to buy tickets or can i pay at gate?

You can pay at the gate. Next home game is vs Ulster on Sep 25th. The only games you ever really need tickets for are home games vs Munster and Leinster, and big European games like the Toulon game last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

Zzippy wrote: »
    You can pay at the gate. Next home game is vs Ulster on Sep 25th. The only games you ever really need tickets for are home games vs Munster and Leinster, and big European games like the Toulon game last year.
    posters are going out with a 'Ticket only' sticker on them. so get your tickets early.

not that you won't be able to get tickets on the gate, it would just make my job easier if you got them early...

fatguy2k1 wrote: »
    posters are going out with a 'Ticket only' sticker on them. so get your tickets early.

not that you won't be able to get tickets on the gate, it would just make my job easier if you got them early...

I stand (somewhat) corrected!

Doesn't bother me, got my season ticket! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Go On Connacht! AWAY WIN!!!! 2 Years Waiting! Eric Elwood Is The Man!!:D

http://www.knockon.ie/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Image-No.-0100941.jpg

0F9130BEADAD4B30B6C0C2F3ECB5C4F7-0000336624-0001925275-00480L-00CF5CAAF4F4425EA944EC2E196BD620.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Well done, can't wait for next week, bring on Ulster.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Good to see RTE gave us 2mins after talking for half an hour when the Ulster game ended. :rolleyes:

Hopefully a great season is ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭thelongfellow

So whose getting off their backsides this weekend and going to the Connacht v. Ulster game?

Judging by both teams start to the ML should be a cracker of a game.

Kick-off 19.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

I just moved to the city, so i bought aticket, should be a good match!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

cant make it to the game. does anyone know if it is on the telly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

TG4 tonight. Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

nice one. thanks.

• Advertisement

Connacht V Cardiff Blues Live now on RTE2.

Decent play so far but connacht finding it hard to get near cardiff 22.

I hate you Dan Parks, with you silly sideburns and drop kicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Shame about yesterday. We really controlled the majority of the second half. Big shame we didn't get at least a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Shame about yesterday. We really controlled the majority of the second half. Big shame we didn't get at least a try.

It was such a pain in the balls watching that game. If one or two of our lads had supported Carr better in the first half we could easily have had two tries. (Carr has to be in the next Irish squad too) The second half was torture. I can't remember a 40 minutes where we dominated like that before and failed to win or score more. Defense was really good, the attacking side of things needs work though. If Keatley had got that penalty to pull it back to a seven point game I think we could have pushed on from there.

On the positive side of things Elwood has really made a difference to us and Muldoon has yet to play. Our tackling/hits and defense have improved beyond belief. I am actually optimistic we can take some major scalps this year and go places, barring major injuries to players. We have a fairly limited sized squad.

Onward and upward!

Agree the scoreline was harsh when you think about the work effort put in, and the relatively poor performance of Blues - Parks obviously stealing the game for himself. Carr and Duffy are incredibly fast, was great to watch. Some guys minds or hands just seemed a bit shaky and as the commentators kept saying it was probably because they hadn't had as much time to rest between matches.

I enjoyed the game last night we made them look extremely sloppy and great to see them chasing the high ball when its kicked up, so many times i have come back home from the SG shouting "CHASE IT" :o the second its launched. Good performance IMO, Fionn is like a race car.

BUMP

Connacht V Bayonne, Amlin Challenge Cup ( ACC ) This Friday night at 19:00 in The Sportsground, im going ( as always ;) ) anybody wanna join myself and mates? Il be with Robbo if he gives the green light that he is going, A Boards.ie Connacht Rugby night perhaps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Steyr wrote: »
    BUMP

Connacht V Bayonne, Amlin Challenge Cup ( ACC ) This Friday night at 19:00 in The Sportsground, im going ( as always ;) ) anybody wanna join myself and mates? Il be with Robbo if he gives the green light that he is going, A Boards.ie Connacht Rugby night perhaps :D

Sounds good! I'm there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 connachteagle

spender.j wrote: »
    Sounds good! I'm there...
    Just bought the 2 game package for €35. Bayonne and Leinster tickets in the back pocket......roll on Friday!! Are ye meeting for a pint anywhere before/after? Itd be great to make this a weekly thing. No doubt therel be plenty of blue blood down the following week so we cud use this as a warm up!!!! CMON CONNACHT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement