Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht rugby chat thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Just bought the 2 game package for €35. Bayonne and Leinster tickets in the back pocket......roll on Friday!! Are ye meeting for a pint anywhere before/after? Itd be great to make this a weekly thing. No doubt therel be plenty of blue blood down the following week so we cud use this as a warm up!!!! CMON CONNACHT!

PM me if you like, i already have Johnny's number ( Spender J ), Anybody else? Hunstman for a pint?

Got my ticket today and will get my Leinster one on Friday. :D

So anybody else fancy meeting tomorrow at the SG? Robbo and myself and possibly SpenderJ are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I'll be there but can't make Leinster as have a wedding that day

Go on Connacht! Great game and good turn out, I was with with my mates Robbo and Spender J and 2 non Boardsies, great night and great Banter had by all topped off with a win, and the men from the West march on and on!

CONNACHT! CONNACHT! CONNACHT!

Yes..my throat is killing me :D

Dont forget next Saturday Connacht V "the Ladyboys" Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Steyr wrote: »
    Go on Connacht! Great game and good turn out, I was with with my mates Robbo and Spender J and 2 non Boardsies, great night and great Banter had by all topped off with a win, and the men from the West march on and on!

Yes..my throat is killing me :D

Dont forget next Saturday Connacht V "the Ladyboys" Leinster.

Was a brilliant night alright! I still don't have my voice back... sure next week will be excellent! see you all there... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

My first rugby game last week and loved it! Been following rugby for years but never got off me arse and gone to a game. The two ticket deal finally swung me though. Great night out, great win and can't wait for next week!
    I'l definitely be in regular attendance from now on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 connachteagle

I just read on the website that there's a new go green for connacht competition this yr?? That look class in the town last season i hope the businesses buy into it again. If nothin else it'l show the blazers and alickadoo's from the pale that we exist and have a decent support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Looking forward to the saturday game, didn't have the cash for Bayonne unfortunately. When is muldoon back?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Looking forward to the saturday game, didn't have the cash for Bayonne unfortunately. When is muldoon back?
    He was back last Friday and had a full 80.

Roll on Saturday!

• Advertisement

BUMP

Connacht V Leinster, 18:05pm Kick Off, Saturday 23rd October, The Sportsground, Ticket only but thats never been an issue at The Sportsground.

Anybody coming? Fancy meeting some of us Boardsies who will be going?? PM me if you like.

**** six o'clock, thought it was half six! me and a friend from college are going plus my cousin and possibly her friends. Should be fun. What's the deal with this ticket only nonsense, is it a new thing this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

**** six o'clock, thought it was half six! me and a friend from college are going plus my cousin and possibly her friends. Should be fun. What's the deal with this ticket only nonsense, is it a new thing this season?

Nope, they've sold out already for this game. There were still tickets on the gate for the Bayonne game last week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

In truth, you'll always get in. Just be there a bit early on the day and you should be be sorted. There were ~1000 tickets left this morning so it shouldn't be an issue either way.

Looking forward to another night fellas! :D

Robbo wrote: »
    In truth, you'll always get in. Just be there a bit early on the day and you should be be sorted. There were ~1000 tickets left this morning so it shouldn't be an issue either way.

cool, going to rock up early enough to procure entry. Looking forward to it.

cool, going to rock up early enough to procure entry. Looking forward to it.

You wanna meet up with Myself/Robbo/Spender J??

We are normally directly behind the dugouts on the Clubhouse side screaming out "chase it" when the high ball goes up!

Going to be going with a friend and meeting my cousin and her friends, although I imagine we might not be anywhere near the latter since they've already gotten tickets and we haven't. We'll see how things go and where we're located.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

there are exactly 18 tickets left for the match tomorrow - only available from the branch office tomorrow from 11am. that'll make 5,000 tickets sold - it'll be jammers tomorrow so arrive early.

***MATCH ALL SOLD OUT***

There are zero tickets left for this match. if you don;t have one already you're not getting in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

fatguy2k1 wrote: »
    ***MATCH ALL SOLD OUT***

There are zero tickets left for this match. if you don;t have one already you're not getting in.

Not what I wanted to hear!:(

Not what I wanted to hear!:(

not to be hash or anything but they've been on sale since september.

Connacht supportes really need to get into the habit of getting tickets early for the big Derby games.

The munster game on the 26th of December is already on sale so don't say you haven't been warned.

not to be hash or anything but they've been on sale since september.

Connacht supportes really need to get into the habit of getting tickets early for the big Derby games.

Not to be harsh or anything but if Connacht want to get as many people as possible into games they need to have tickets available on the gate as well as online. I'm sure there are reasons for having ticket only games like keeping accurate attendance numbers or something equally integral to the game, but I don't see the harm in having 50-100 tickets at the gate for the day of the game.

Not to be harsh or anything but if Connacht want to get as many people as possible into games they need to have tickets available on the gate as well as online. I'm sure there are reasons for having ticket only games like keeping accurate attendance numbers or something equally integral to the game, but I don't see the harm in having 50-100 tickets at the gate for the day of the game.
    ehhh, we have as many people as we can legally get into the game tonight. we have a 5,000 capicity and we've reached it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

For a game that is most likely going to be a sell out, it's safer to not have any tickets at the gates.

If you have tickets at the gates, you run the risk of people travelling (possibly long distances) and being turned away.

ehhh, we have as many people as we can legally get into the game tonight. we have a 5,000 capacity and we've reached it.

Hmm, 4852 at the game, seems a bit off 5,000 tbh....

tickets sold vs. people who actually show up are different things....

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Rain might of scared a few off. Twas flipping freezing once the sun went down.

Unfortunate for Connacht, they could of gone in a half time winning but missed their penalty, and awful unlucky to loose out on the bonus point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Leinster ... Leinster ... Leinster ... Leinster ... Leinster ... Leinster.

• Advertisement

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    Leinster ... Leinster ... Leinster ... Leinster ... Leinster ... Leinster.

Damn you robbing us of our LBP:mad: I enjoyed the game.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement