Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony blue ray player

Options
  • 04-04-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought a sony blue ray player from xtravision last december, it was from display
    so the assistant wrapped it in bubble wrap and gave me the relevant bits and bobs. The player has recently started skipping (even with brand new discs out of the box) and I'm wondering where I stand with my warranty as my xtravision receipt states that faulty returns should come in their original packaging..

Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

bryaner wrote: »
    Hi

I bought a sony blue ray player from xtravision last december, it was from display
    so the assistant wrapped it in bubble wrap and gave me the relevant bits and bobs. The player has recently started skipping (even with brand new discs out of the box) and I'm wondering where I stand with my warranty as my xtravision receipt states that faulty returns should come in their original packaging..

Any advice much appreciated

Hi Bryaner,
    Here is some information on your consumer rights for a faulty product.
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/Guides-to-Consumer-Law/Shopping/faults.html

Re: the original packaging- What is the exact wording of the receipt?
    Does it specifically say "faulty"?
    Given that most warranties are at least 1 year long, they can hardly expect you to potentially keep the original packaging for all that time.
    However I am not 100% sure on whether they can legally demand the packaging so maybe give Consumer Connect a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am almost certain they can't screw you on that.

So many places will simply repair it for you anyway - if it id faulty then they can't sell it again anyway and it will be going back for repair or scrap regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

You should be fine. It's not the packaging that is faulty, it's the player. They cannot refuse to fix it if it doesn't come in the original packaging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

As an ex Xtra Vision worker, I can tell you that you get the exact same warranty as if you bought it brand new in the box. The wording about packaging on the receipt is about change of mind goods, not faultys.

So return away, and on the off chance of any hassle just contact XV head office

Advertisement