Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renovation in Navan

Options
  • 04-04-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Evening all.

We are strongly considering the option of renovating an existing 4 bed semi in the Navan area.
    This 4 bed semi has a single story lean-to side extension. My architect is of the opinion that the side wall of this lean-to would be unsuitable to build an upper level off. Obviously, the roof will need to be removed to enable the upper floor construction. Other than this, a few of the existing interior studded walls have to go and be replaced with new, to follow the new interior layout.
    Other than this its all fairly straight forwrad. I would like to know what contractors in the Navan/Meath area are charging per square foot for this type of renovation.

Also, I am considering the option of using a contractor to do the founds, walls and roof to have some sort of structural warranty. Then engaging direct labour for all the rest.

Anyone have any suggestions on the above. Thanks and I eagerly await replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Sent on details of our contractor. We employed him build our house - he spec'ed the walls/steel which our engineer approved.

No idea what sort of costs for renovations would be. It is much different job than a standard build.

Advertisement