Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Hero & no service

Options
  • 04-04-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

My wife has a HTC Hero for the last few months and every so often when it is in standby it shows up as having no service. She is using it on Meteor and only has couple of apps on it so its not overloaded or she is not a power user. She sometimes has to restart it and sometimes it comes back itself

Are others having this problem and is there a cure, its driving her nuts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Reseat the sim card, most of the people who have had this problem (including me) don't push the retaining bracket all the way in. It should "click" twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jojojnr

C.D. wrote: »
    Reseat the sim card, most of the people who have had this problem (including me) don't push the retaining bracket all the way in. It should "click" twice.

Were you getting the "SIM no service message" on your Hero? Did secure the SIM holder solve the problem or is it still happening.

Thinking of going with a HTC Hero or Legend on Meteor, but can't figure our from all the post and threads as to whether
    1/ The issue people have been talking about happens on the Legend as well
    2/ If people have found the problem goes away by making sure the SIM card holder is fixed securely

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I've reseated the SIM card so I will wait and see tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

it is well known issue with meteor and android phones and has nothing to do with how the sim card is seated. search this forum or meteor forum for more info

I have been reading similar problems on the meteor forums. Not too optimistic about a solution. I have turned off 3G for her to see does this help in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

jojojnr wrote: »
    Thinking of going with a HTC Hero or Legend on Meteor, but can't figure our from all the post and threads as to whether
    1/ The issue people have been talking about happens on the Legend as well
    2/ If people have found the problem goes away by making sure the SIM card holder is fixed securely

It's defo 1/ - I have the issue at least once a day despite having fiddled around with the SIM card quite a bit. It's a meteor problem that happens with the Hero, Legend and probably any other 3G device on their network

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

Am having this issue about 5(!) times per day while the phone is on my desk at work - I'm using a Nexus One so it's not limited to one Android build (I'm on 2.1).

I've been 'fixing' it by going into airplane mode and then back again but it's pretty annoying to miss calls and texts because of this, especially as you don't know that it's happened till you actually look at the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Am having this issue about 5(!) times per day while the phone is on my desk at work - I'm using a Nexus One so it's not limited to one Android build (I'm on 2.1).

I've been 'fixing' it by going into airplane mode and then back again but it's pretty annoying to miss calls and texts because of this, especially as you don't know that it's happened till you actually look at the phone!

there is an application which alarms you when the signal is lost. Search for "no signal" on the market.

3 days now without dropped service. It seems that switching 3G off is doing the trick but obviously defeats the purpose of a smartphone and restricting data access.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Stevokenevo

I'm still running on 3g (When available) but did a factory reset earlier this week and the issue has dropped from 5+/day to once a day or less now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement