Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting games at Q-Con XVII - Belfast - June 25-27th 2010

Options
  • 04-04-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

http://www.q-con.org.uk/

I remember that a few from down south came to last year's event - for those who weren't, here's what you missed:

In all, the line-up was:

Friday
    Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Saturday
    Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
    Street Fighter 4

Sunday
    Battle Fantasia
    Smash Bros Brawl
    Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection

Arcade games (courtesy of Gareth from Replay Games)
    Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
    Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection

Now, assuming the same number of fighting game slots (there will probably be more, though - this year 14 console screens are planned; last year there were 10) in this year's schedule, I am guessing that this year's lineup will consist of:

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike
    Super Street Fighter 4
    Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
    Smash Bros Brawl
    Tekken 6

As far as arcade games go, expect to see Blazblue: Continuum Shift. Beyond that, I don't know - maybe KOF XIII if it's released in time and Gareth gets it in?

Everything you need to know to register is on the Q-Con site, so hopefully I'll see you guys there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

This years Q-Con woo! And all my mates will be there, gotta start work on my cosplay now then =/

Is this in the hub yes?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In like flynn.

Super and might make up the numbers in 3rd strike. Remy ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Oi, there's only room for one Remy in the 3S corner!

Once I'm a free man I'll have to cram in a quick training montage carrying my stick up snowy mountains listening to Survivor and the like.

I always get a chuckle out of that vid though, what with my appearance being a random nose scratch halfway through. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

:eek: I'm in that video!I'm the girl who was getting ruined in Street Fighter.No clips of Smash Bros at all?:(I actually did quite well in that tournament..

I had a lot of fun at last year's Q-con actually.Must see if I can head up again.There were great prizes last year,Yoshi slippers ftw.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey, a fellow Clare person in the fighting games forum \o/ I recognise your name from the Clare forum :)

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Hey, a fellow Clare person in the fighting games forum \o/ I recognise your name from the Clare forum :)

This young lady also got us the Vaticon tournament, Donion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ooh Goody, Q-Con. Always been meaning to head up to this but I was always working.
    I dont plan on doing much of that this Summer so I'll be up =D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

This young lady also got us the Vaticon tournament, Donion.
    Oh cool! Tea-a-maria, you do you play yourself? You should come to the Limerick casuals. Should be one this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

:eek: I'm in that video!I'm the girl who was getting ruined in Street Fighter.No clips of Smash Bros at all?:(I actually did quite well in that tournament..

I had a lot of fun at last year's Q-con actually.Must see if I can head up again.There were great prizes last year,Yoshi slippers ftw.

With the baby Metroid by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Oh cool! Tea-a-maria, you do you play yourself? You should come to the Limerick casuals. Should be one this week.

Yeah she was behind that event in UCD. I said it to her before that she should get involved http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65160573&postcount=159

Btw if you read this Anne-Marie there's some pics from Vaticon posted :D

Check here http://streetfighter.ie/?page_id=206

and here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65534611&postcount=171

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 colparenthesis

Is there any strict policies on controllers at these events? I like to use an XFPS 3 on my 360 so I can use my keyboard in SF, it's not exactly orthodox but I find it hard to play any other way.

I wouldn't say there'd be any problem, i'm a pad player too, the majority of the group here play stick!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is there any strict policies on controllers at these events? I like to use an XFPS 3 on my 360 so I can use my keyboard in SF, it's not exactly orthodox but I find it hard to play any other way.

You use a keyboard to play on console?

Ropedrink, you now have no excuse!

I couldn't see there being a problem seeing as most people use hand modified or bespoke controllers and sticks anyways.

Use of turbo is usually disallowed though, just fyi.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

The only game I'm any way good at is Smash Bros by virtue of the fact that I have a wii.I'm sorely tempted to get an x-box though.Especially after playing blazblue a few times.That game is crazy fun.:D

Due to exams and sich,I won't be able to take part in any tournaments or the like until mid May.

Thanks for posting up the pictures,I must mention that they're up to the committee.

Also,baby metroid?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

A provisional timetable for console games is up on the Q-Con website. Fighting games and kinda-fighting-games scheduled for the weekend include:

Friday night: (25.6)
    Bleach: Shattered Blade
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Saturday morning: (26.6)
    The King of Fighters XII
    Street Fighter III 3rd Strike

Saturday afternoon:
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

Saturday night:
    Bushido Blade

Sunday morning: (27.6)
    Super Smash Bros Brawl
    UFC Undisputed 2010
    Soulcalibur 4

Sunday afternoon:
    Tekken 6
    Marvel vs Capcom 2

Interestingly, out of the games I predicted in the OP only GGAC isn't on the list. Also, it hasn't been confirmed yet but expect the arcade version of Blazblue: Continuum Shift to show up as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Awesome. Is it ST arcade?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The Provisional second date of my SSFIV league thing falls in the middle of this, so I'll move it to the next date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Awesome. Is it ST arcade?

It's listed as PS2, which would imply that it's the not-great Capcom Classics Collection 2 version.

That said, Dragonslayers owns a PC with MAME and literally thousands of games on it, including ST. If that shows up you might see some ST on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ah, alright. Still sounds good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Far too many of the games on that list aren't Smash Bros Melee :(

Dang no Melty Blood but oh well. List looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

ST and 3s you know I'm there bitchez

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Also, I don't think it was listed on the website, but the following fighting games are the ones that are planned for tournaments:
    • Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
    • Super Street Fighter IV
    • Super Smash Bros Brawl
    • Tekken 6

And yeah the plan for ST is to run the Hyper SF2 thing, sorry 'bout that but it's the best we can do since arcade stuff is pricey/awkward! :P

Vyze wrote: »
    Also, I don't think it was listed on the website, but the following fighting games are the ones that are planned for tournaments:
    • Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
    • Super Street Fighter IV
    • Super Smash Bros Brawl
    • Tekken 6

And yeah the plan for ST is to run the Hyper SF2 thing, sorry 'bout that but it's the best we can do since arcade stuff is pricey/awkward! :P

Can't you just run HDR in classic mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Can't you just run HDR in classic mode?
    All the 360s/PS3s are being used up on other games, sadly. We have those PS2s just sitting there to be used, so I thought I'd put some SF2 on.

Myself and Doom are heading to this on Saturday, so who else is heading up?

Ramza wrote: »
    ST and 3s you know I'm there bitchez

lol you might want to seed ramza for both these tournaments, just so you know vyze :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

No1 3rd strike seed would be a fair bet.

• Advertisement

A-Trak wrote: »
    No1 3rd strike seed would be a fair bet.

Newtype didn't just get good suddenly at SF4 ;)

Now I want to see Ramza and newtype go at it in 3S. Money's still on Ramza tbh

Advertisement