Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criteria for an upgrade?

Options
  • 04-04-2010 10:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

I assume whether or not you qualify for an upgrade depends on how much credit you spend on a phone? Exactly what kind of savings can you I expect with an upgrade?

I generally don't spend much on credit but that's changed over the last 2 months due to work, spending over €100 per month. So I'm hoping that qualifies me for an upgrade, I've had an LG VIEWTY phone for about a year and it's pissing me off, I'd like a new one. Thinking of going for a Nokia E63 for now, and later on in the year maybe an iPhone 4G.

Anyhoo, I'm with meteor and on their site it says to freetext ''upgrade'' to 50000 for details but I just get a response saying my request could not be registered.

Any input is appreciated.

edit: BALLS!! Wrong forum, my bad! Can a mod move this to the mobiles/pda's forum please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,304 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Any input is appreciated.

This is after hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

not an AH post, but i think you only get upgrades on bill pay???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I love my brick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

o2 give the scabbiest upgrade levels ever, they offered me a 99c discount on a phone once as an "upgrade" ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

phasers wrote: »
    o2 give the scabbiest upgrade levels ever, they offered me a 99c discount on a phone once as an "upgrade" ffs

The prepay price you see is an upgrade. All networks in Ireland subsidise the handset.

Go to Germany and you pay the manufactors price.

MagicMarker,

if you are spending 100 euro a month, would you not go billpay and get a decent plan?

• Advertisement

The prepay price you see is an upgrade. All networks in Ireland subsidise the handset.

Well then they shouldn't advertise the 0.99 as the upgrade price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

phasers wrote: »
    Well then they shouldn't advertise the 0.99 as the upgrade price

What 0.99?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MagicMarker,

if you are spending 100 euro a month, would you not go billpay and get a decent plan?
    Na, that was only a temporary thing and the credit was expensed from my employer. Normally I'd only go through about €10 per month.

What 0.99?
    the 0.99c discount was in advertised as the upgrade price in big red letters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Na, that was only a temporary thing and the credit was expensed from my employer. Normally I'd only go through about €10 per month.
    No such thing as an upgrade on pre pay. You just buy new phone from them and use your current sim card. Upgrades are only available on bill pay. Even at that, unless you spend a lot of money every month you won't get much (If any) of a discount. I spend about €20 a month on bill pay and I only got €10 off in an upgrade and that was after an 18 month contract.

So in short. If you want a discounted upgrade, get a bill pay phone and spend upwards of €100 a month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement