Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden shed - timber pricing

Options
  • 04-04-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I'm planning a sizable shed/workroom in the garden and want to get a handle on the likely costs before I commit to it.

Can anyone give an approximate idea on what I would expect to pay for this:

58 x 4.5m 6x2
    15 x 5.5m lengths 4x2
    26 x 4.5m lengths 4x2
    10 x 5.5m lengths 5x1
    6 x 5.5m x 8x2

16 sheets 1/2in 8x4 ply

Thanks

Also want to price felt shingles for the roof - any suggestions on how i should finish it?

I want to insulate it so that its some way warm inside.. would you use osb and shiplap cladding our the outside or would you just go with the shiplap and then use fibreglass or kingspan insulation on the inside? (I'll be finishing the interior walls after the main structure is done once money permits again).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Why don't you just ring a few builders providers? They are more than happy to provide quotes these days...
    :)
    I would use OSB and a batten then shiplap onto the battens, it gives better ventilation and drying ability to the wall as well as significantly increasing strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

I'll ring some today - was just thinking someone might have a ballpark idea for me on cost over the bank holiday.. i had some time on my hands so wanted to finalise the design!

I'll go and add a few sheets of OSB so! Thanks for the tips!

Regards

Advertisement