Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonslayers Ranking Battle 3.7 - SFIV - 17/04/10

Options
  • 04-04-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

sf4logo.png

The final ranking battle of the this season opens up with Street Fighter IV on the 17th of April. It will take place as a sub set of events available at Slayers24 that same weekend. It is very close at the top, with only 8 points separating the top 4 contestants; the final matches will be hotly contested! Regulars and new comers are all welcome. =D

Entry to Slayers24 (£8) is required prior to the usual entry to the ranking battles (£1). It is not required that you are a members of QUB Dragonslayers to participate. Please be aware that you must be over 18 if you are staying after 2000 i.e. when intoxicating beverages are served.

Date:
    • Saturday 17th April '10

Location: <QUB Students Union, The Space, 1st Floor> <-- Click for directions

QUBSU.jpg

Time:
    • Casuals will be running all day from 1200
    • Tournament starts at 1330

Entry Fee:
    • £1, all proceedings will be donated to Child's Play at the end of the year.

Tournament Format: Group qualifiers into an 8 man double elimination best of 3.

- Button binding is acceptable.
    - Participants are advised to bring a controller of choice.

Platform: Xbox 360

Please see the 'slayers Ranking Battle homepage for any further details.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Flush with some success I hope to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'm gonna kill myself with lack of sleep, but should be there please god.

Slayers24, this is a 24 hour event yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

@Xinkai; yeah chap it is. All the usual activities will be there - tabletop RPGs, CCGs, wargames, anime as well as other casual gaming. Besides the usual events, from what I can tell Vaughan is on about running a beginners BlazBlue tournament. Details pending but no doubt it will be posted up here. There is also a YGO regional happening as well, so the place will be bustling. Yreval is going to run some sort of shump score challenge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Yreval is going to run some sort of shump score challenge too.

The shmup in question is probably going to be Crimzon Clover, although I have a couple of others on my laptop if people would like to try those.

As for the RB; poster coming tomorrow, probably.

@Xinkai; yeah chap it is. All the usual activities will be there - tabletop RPGs, CCGs, wargames, anime as well as other casual gaming. Besides the usual events, from what I can tell Vaughan is on about running a beginners BlazBlue tournament. Details pending but no doubt it will be posted up here. There is also a YGO regional happening as well, so the place will be bustling. Yreval is going to run some sort of shump score challenge too.

Any white wolf table top being run?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Besides the usual events, from what I can tell Vaughan is on about running a beginners BlazBlue tournament.
    Haven't really had any interest from anybody other than the usual handful so the beginners' tourney won't be on, but there'll still be casuals!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

am there!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Yreval wrote: »
    The shmup in question is probably going to be Crimzon Clover, although I have a couple of others on my laptop if people would like to try those.

As for the RB; poster coming tomorrow, probably.

If you'd like to use something like Radiant Silvergun I could take my Saturn or even Mushi Futari on the 360.I have tons of schmups!

Or i have 6 or 7 touhou shmups on my laptop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Going to try and make this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll do my best to make the last SF IV event in Belfast before Super comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Hmmmm. I may be at this, shall have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Malchia

I'll be in the vicinity for the Yugioh Regionals anyway, so if I'm free by half 1 count me in to this =D

12004010.jpg
    blag wrote: »
    If you'd like to use something like Radiant Silvergun I could take my Saturn or even Mushi Futari on the 360.I have tons of schmups!

I've already decided on the Crimzon Clover demo for the tourney (more info here) but if anyone wants to bring more shmups with them that would be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll try make this.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Might try make it, if I'm able to. I blame Xinkai. =[

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Any white wolf table top being run?

Yes, there is one Vampire game running although I was unable to confirm which one exactly. However it is full and not accepting any new players atm =( That leaves three D&D games, one C&C game and one Dark Heresy game.

Thats just racist to us republicans =/

Yes, there is one Vampire game running although I was unable to confirm which one exactly. However it is full and not accepting any new players atm =( That leaves three D&D games, one C&C game and one Dark Heresy game.

Ah thats cool. I was just talking to some old college friends and we used to play mixed WW tabletops so it was more nostalgia then anything.

I will have to make do with scaring the crap out of some more top tier types :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I just got invited to a friends surprise birthday party for a friend. damn surprise parties. Hope it goes well guys and I'll do my best to get to the first super event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Tin.T

There are some trird Stike players ???

Tin.T wrote: »
    There are some trird Stike players ???

Yeah, 3S has been getting some play again up here lately.

ok nice !
    i will bring my laptop with cp3.
    hope some ps2 with 3s are running too ^^

Myself and the trusty doomcam (the original one) will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Yreval wrote: »
    Yeah, 3S has been getting some play again up here lately.

It has???

skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Tin.T wrote: »
    ok nice !
    i will bring my laptop with cp3.
    hope some ps2 with 3s are running too ^^
    I look forward to getting utterly raped by you and hopefully actually learning how to play Makoto in the process! :)

Vyze do you plan on running another small BB tournament? Or will there be freeplay again?

yeah ! 33 !
    Btw any cvs2 players too ?

Yeah, Cloudpaul, myself and a few others have been playing that too.

• Advertisement

Xinkai wrote: »
    Vyze do you plan on running another small BB tournament? Or will there be freeplay again?
    No tourney, but there'll definitely be freeplay.

Advertisement