Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Worx work?

• 05-04-2010 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

I generally buy only Makita power tools, but i need a cordless sds drill for occasional use and budgetary constraints see me perusing the Argos catalogue for a solution. They have a Worx H3 3in1 lithium ion jobby, reasonably priced at 115euro.

I'm just wondering how good this stuff is and how many batteries come with it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,330 ✭✭✭✭phog

The problem with cordless drills and the like is that if you only use them occasionally then they will usually require charging when you need it. The batteries dont normally hold the charge over long periods of inactivity.

Re Worx - no idea never bought one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

I could be wrong but the lithium ion battery holds its charge for longer, you'd still want a second one though. I've had a cordless 18v DeWalt hammer action drill in the past and it was pure crap, just wondering if anyone has used one of these.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

i replaced my bosch drill with a worx drill and it is a far better piece of kit. the worx is a 14.4 volt but is equally as powerful as the old 18v bosch and lasts as long on a charge for some reason. good strong chuck and comes with 2 batteries. highly reccommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

It doesn't say what AH the battery has. The higher the AH, the longer it'll last

I bought a Draper Heavy duty cordless from NCF for €80 odd, and it came with 2 24V batteries. 1 x 1.3AH and 1 x 1.7AH. The latter will last ages drillin, and I thought they were good value for what I paid.

I do have a worx sander though, and I have no trouble with them

Advertisement