Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Broken Hurley - Wexford v Kildare GAA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nice action shot ... but ... nobody likes huge watermarks. Are you that worried somebody will steal your image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Nice action shot ... but ... nobody likes huge watermarks. Are you that worried somebody will steal your image?

I agree the watermark is too strong for my liking, hard to c&c when you cant see the full image.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

I agree the watermark is too strong for my liking, hard to c&c when you cant see the full image.
    Sorry for the watermark, I have been told to use them,.... I am not a fan of a watermark :(:(

irish147 wrote: »
    Sorry for the watermark, I have been told to use them,.... I am not a fan of a watermark :(:(

Check out Paul Walsh's watermarks, he covers sporting events mainly and I agree there is a need for watermarks with some photography work, I use the myself sometimes, but not of this size, it is too obvious. A nice faint watermark in a significant area of the shot should suffice without obstructing any of the important parts.

Personally here I would have added a text layer with the website and the copyright symbol and reduced the opacity significantly 20% or so and place it in between the hurlers face and the broken hurl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Thumbs up for the watermark, keep it in there, your picture is definitely a target for copyright infringement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

ThOnda wrote: »
    Thumbs up for the watermark, keep it in there, your picture is definitely a target for copyright infringement.
    Our planet is def a target for aliens. :rolleyes:

No one said to take away the watermark but to use a similar one to his fellow sports tog Paul walsh which is non obtrusive, if you put up a pic up here you have to expect feedback be it positive or negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

Only on boards would someone have a go at a watermark when asked to critique an image. The image is perfectly visible.

OP, it's a lovely shot, regardless of the watermark. Ideally, it wouldn't be cropped as tightly to allow the other hurl and guy's leg in the shot, but you can easily forgive that when you think about the split second timing involved.

It's an excellent shot, well done.

I should have added to my post that I think its a great action shot, sorry I thought I did. It is a great shot, I just think it would be a lot easier to comment on if we could see the face. I cant see the subjects expression clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

That watermark ain't nothing CS5 won't sort out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

i prefer the original - showing the other players

Good shot ! well done

could only be better if the ball was also there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭VisionaryP

PCPhoto wrote: »
    i prefer the original - showing the other players

Good shot ! well done

could only be better if the ball was also there !
    Ah, I never noticed the original. There you go, don't crop it, the original is much, much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Watermark is fine, bit of a tight crop but shows it well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Got this at Fingal v Tyrone in Swords last Sunday week. The Fingal player broke about 4 hurls during the game. Am I fraction late with this shot? Or how could I improve it?.

[EMAIL="%3Ca%20href="]4469808625_c00bbb9f12.jpg[/EMAIL]">

Dickie Murphy is the Ref btw

Advertisement