Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal stance on working conditions, need help!!!

• 05-04-2010 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I work for an entertainment company (which will remain unamed). My question is this.... some nights I am rostered to work to closing time, from 6-10 for example, anyways if i only get paid until 10 am i covered by insurance to work after ten because most nights the team and I do not get out of the shop until 10.30.... if there was an accident, would we be covered by insurance or are the company breaching legislation....

thanks a mil
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭eagle_&_bear

Hi,

I work for an entertainment company (which will remain unamed). My question is this.... some nights I am rostered to work to closing time, from 6-10 for example, anyways if i only get paid until 10 am i covered by insurance to work after ten because most nights the team and I do not get out of the shop until 10.30.... if there was an accident, would we be covered by insurance or are the company breaching legislation....

thanks a mil

Unfortunately, no advice can be given on this. We must obey the charter.

But do speak to a solicitor if you have concerns. You might also find the information you are seeking in your contract of employment and in a copy of the insurance policy in your place of employment. That, or speak to your Union?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Unfortunately, no advice can be given on this. We must obey the charter.

But do speak to a solicitor if you have concerns. You might also find the information you are seeking in your contract of employment and in a copy of the insurance policy in your place of employment. That, or speak to your Union?

What !! No advice ?? I presume you mean Legal Advice.

Anyway fwtw the employers PL insurance should be operative 24/7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭eagle_&_bear

What !! No advice ?? I presume you mean Legal Advice.

Anyway fwtw the employers PL insurance should be operative 24/7.

Yes, thats correct. No practitioner on this site can give you legal advice. You would have to speak to a solicitor.

As for the insurance being operative 24/7 that is correct (usually) but issues revolve about being on the premises after hours, and if that after-hours issue is consistent with employment. It really depends on the work and the reasons for remaining after hours.

Check your contract of employment. It should have all those issues detailed in it

Advertisement