Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd WHV question

Options
  • 05-04-2010 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Im applying for my 2nd WHV and Im just wondering what the process is. I know you apply online and some people get approved straight away but then I've heard that they check every 1 in 10 Irish applications.

Do they call you up and ask questions over the phone? Or just request you send in documentation of your farm work? If they do ring you up, what sort of questions do they ask?

Would be good to hear from someone who has already done this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I reckon if you are Irish they would check more than 1 in 10, watch this video for examples of the kind of questions you might be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

If there checking you... (which they did me)...
    You'll here back (via email) asking that you submit your paperwork which was filled out by the farmer saying when and where you worked. You can scan it and email it.

If this checks out, thats the end of it
    IMO they dont go off ringing the farmers on your list, they just want names, abn's, dates, postcodes.
    If it doesnt check out thats when they ring, and suss you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

kiva989 wrote: »
    Im applying for my 2nd WHV and Im just wondering what the process is. I know you apply online and some people get approved straight away but then I've heard that they check every 1 in 10 Irish applications.

Do they call you up and ask questions over the phone? Or just request you send in documentation of your farm work? If they do ring you up, what sort of questions do they ask?

Would be good to hear from someone who has already done this.

Thanks

Look at it this way if you have your house in order what matter if they check. Plus unless you have heard from a DIAC official take everything you hear with a pinch of salt.

If you have completed 3 months applicable regional work, make sure you can prove it and you will be fine. Payment slips, work journal, bank statements with wages. You will have the ABN and stuff they wanted for the online app already.

Enjoy your 2nd year in Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Doop wrote: »

If this checks out, thats the end of it
    IMO they dont go off ringing the farmers on your list, they just want names, abn's, dates, postcodes.
    If it doesnt check out thats when they ring, and suss you out.
    The above makes no sense what so ever. How the hell could it check out without ringing the employer to confirm. ABNs, dates and postcodes are pointless without somebody to back them up, all are easily made up. A signed form means nothing either. Not everyone gets checked, it is more than 1 in 10 though, but if they do check you out, they will more than likely ring the number supplied. And, they certainly don't let you know if they do or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Mellor wrote: »
    The above makes no sense what so ever. How the hell could it check out without ringing the employer to confirm. ABNs, dates and postcodes are pointless without somebody to back them up, all are easily made up. A signed form means nothing either. Not everyone gets checked, it is more than 1 in 10 though, but if they do check you out, they will more than likely ring the number supplied. And, they certainly don't let you know if they do or not.

Fully agree - when you apply online you have to give abn's + contact details anyway...so I can hardly imagine them emailing you for the same information you have already supplied...Do they not request supporting documentation like payslips/signed forms etc if they spot check?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

Mellor wrote: »

Your telling me they phone thousands and thousands of farmers and ask did Joe bloggs work for you from x date to x date possibly a year ago ???

Farmers have better things to do than sit on the phone to the Immigration department all day.

Also one place I worked we were sort of sub-contracted out, farmers paid an agency who in turn paid us. I got the farmer (not the agency) to fill out my form. (his details on the form) If they rang him, he would have no idea of who worked for him and when.

They do ask for the same info twice. Once when you fill it in yourself online. Then if they are checking you they ask you to submit Form 1263. Which has been filled in by the farmer himself.

Also on another point I had 3 farms in total one of them didnt provide a ph number at all

See email extract below...

Dear Applicant

This email is to acknowledge receipt of your 2nd Working Holiday visa
    (subclass 417) application.

Evidence of Specified Work

As part of your visa application, you are required to provide evidence of
    specified work.

For specified work undertaken after 1 May 2005, details of employment
    should be recorded on Form 1263 Working Holiday: Employment Verification.
    This form has been provided below and is also available on our website at
    http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1263.pdf"

For specified work undertaken before 1 May 2005, please provide other
    documentation as evidence of your work. This may include payslips, PAYG
    Summary sheets, tax returns ( ATO group certificates) and employer
    references.

This information must be provided within 28 calendar days of this notice.
    "

Advertisement