Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

URGENT: 03 VW Polo air intake

• 05-04-2010 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

I was told before christmas that the "air intake" (not sure which one) is collapsing and will need to be replaced soon. Once in january and once in february, the engine light came on, it lost power, and once I slowed down a bit, it regained power and worked fine. I am almost certain it was due to not enough air getting into the piston. Any who, my brother was using it the other day and said ay time he went over 100km/h for 5 minutes, the same thing happened above, once he powered down, it was fine and kept repeating.

Now that would be fine, I'd bring it to the guy that does all my work like that and have him fix it for a very reasonable price, he may have to order the part, no biggie. However, I unexpectedly have to head to schull tomorrow and am a bit worried about it. Does anyone know of anywhere that would fix this either today (I know, not going to happen but worth mentioning) or first thing in the morning for a very good price?

Someone mentioned halfords? would they do it?

My mechanic said "it's just a bit of rubber hose, nothing major" so going by that it can't be very specific?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

just had a friend look at it, it is indeed just a it of rubber hose, half inch i think. anyone know of where to get the stuff either today or first thing tomorrow? halfords say they only have fuel line hose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Breakers yard? If its just the air intake. A couple of jubly clips fastens it down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

Would prefer to get something new tbh. There is a clip on each section (two sections are gone) was thinking of putting a jubilee on them along with the original clips.

Anyone have any experience with ashgrove interparts? particularly the one near dún laoghaire..

Advertisement