Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Playpen: Syncosised.

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

It's funny that while you look for ambition in possible love interests, you have chosen a group of friends who are entirely exempt from ambition in life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

It strengthens and amplifies my own ambitions! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Who do you love the most on boards?

Do you think anime is 'just for kids'?

Do you believe in heaven and hell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    It's funny that while you look for ambition in possible love interests, you have chosen a group of friends who are entirely exempt from ambition in life :D

I know it's hard to accept but you're just not his type.
    You'll find someone, don't worry, you've just got to get over syncosised.

Some questions from Jako8 ...
    Jako8 wrote: »
    Favourite album?
    Whenever I'm transferring music to something, the first album to go on is always Hot Fuss by The Killers, love that album.

Favourite tv show as a kid?
    Hmm ... I used to watch Live & Kicking religiously every Saturday, I absolutely loved it. I also saw pretty much every episode from the first few series of Pokémon, awesome stuff.

Favourite tv show now?
    Any TV show I love always gets cancelled, so I'd be afraid to mention anything - Jericho, Reaper and Kings were all excellent. At the moment I'd say Psych, it's a nice light-hearted show that's easy to watch and always makes me smile. :)

Ducks: Yay or nay?
    Hell yay, ducks are awesome! I love feeding them, though those dastardly swans are always making a nuisance of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Favourite type of shoe?

First CD you ever owned?

If you were a fruit what type of fruit would you be?

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Heaviest band you listen to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Favorite period of history and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

what would be your superpower if you had one?

favourite everyday insignificant thing about the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

What's the one memory you always find yourself coming back to / is there any significant moment in your life that you will always look back on, and when you do it makes you feel blissfully content?

Do you wear glasses?

Do you think it is safe to say that you are in fact, afraid of swans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

If you could give one person a smack in the face with a fishbot, who'd that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

You said you watched hurling matches and I remember you said in another thread that you were at the All-Ireland final '07.
    Did you just go randomly to watch it (as many do) or do you have connections with either Limerick or Kilkenny.
    Who were you supporting that day? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Since you said "yay" to Gaa... :P
    Favourite hurler? And since your location says Galway there really is only one answer here.. :pac:
    Do you follow gaa much?
    Favourite team outside your own?
    First inter county game you went to?
    First inter county game you remember seeing on tv?
    Emm earlier you said that you enjoyed playing football more to hurling. Do you still play it? And if not why did you stop playing it?
    And normal questions :pac:
    Favourite dinner?
    Best feeling ever?
    Preferred crisp flavour?
    When you say you were young doing your Junior Cert, how young is young?
    Ooh and what is Fake Dog films? You and onion always go on about it but I never understood what it was! :o

Cheers dude! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

What would you consider suitable punishment for people who pick their nose and proceed to eat the contents?

Jim Carrey: A bit annoying or a legend?

Ben Stiller: A bit annoying or a massive shít?

The sudden closure of the C&H IRC channel: Yay or nay?

What's your favourite Simpsons moment / quote?

Would you drink a shot of píss for a €100 note?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Inspired by Jay P's anecdote of first hearing the song "The Mercy Seat":

Earliest memory of me?
    :p

Lots of questions from Pyg!
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Favourite OS?
    I love Ubuntu, it gets better and better with every release. As I said before, I'm a big fan of open source software, it's hard to imagine paying for anything when there's always a free and usually open-source alternative. I use Ubuntu over other Linux distributions because it has excellent compatibility and great community support.

Favourite browser?
    My favourite is Opera, but unfortunately it's not great in Ubuntu. When I'm on Windows (like at the moment), I use Opera. I use Opera USB on machines where I can't install things. I use it because it's always very responsive and at the fore of most browser innovations. Also, using a less popular browser means I'm not much of a target for exploits. :) On Ubuntu I use Google Chrome, which is pretty good.

Text editor (or IDE, or WYSIWYG)?
    For designing websites, I use Dreamweaver, but only for its colour coding and code prompting, which makes things a lot quicker. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with Notepad!

Media player?
    I listen to most of my music on Spotify, so I use its player, which is pretty decent. It's an awesome mobile application too. On Ubuntu, I like Exaile, though it still has a bit to go before being an entirely stable and mature piece of software.

Favourite dinner(s)?
    What I had last night actually! Pasta with my own homemade creamy garlic mushroom cheese sauce. It's very awesome! Also, any kind of vegetable-loaded pizza is a favourite!

Favourite sandwich(es)?
    For a simple, quick sandwich, just vintage cheddar with roasted pepper relish. For something fancier, which I actually have made for my lunch today, a ciabatta with mixed leaves, mayonnaise, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese. *drools*

Favourite food not covered by the above?
    Any fancy Marks and Spencer crisps, so good. I'm getting hungry now ... :(

Favourite soft drink(s)?
    I don't really drink anything but water, but if I had to choose, I would say Rock Shandy, or Lilt, despite all those ridiculous baseless rumours. The boys will be fine!

If you're a drinker, favourite alcoholic drink?
    A measure of Jameson 10-Year Old whiskey, that's the stuff!

Put your music library on random. First 5 songs that play?
    I'm not near my music collection at the moment, but I will come back to this when I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Are you a filthy hippy vegetarian type then?

Lots from almostnever.
    What's the best piece of advice you were ever given?
    All of this. It's all really good advice if you actually listen to it.

Favourite website (apart from Boards,of course)?
    I think Onion already answered this ... :D

Best compliment you've ever received?
    I don't know actually, I don't tend to remember compliments! :(

5 things you like about yourself?
    I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks. And I always quote films and TV shows I like. :D

Languages you'd love to learn to speak?
    Japanese probably. I feel comfortable with the three languages I can speak now anyway!

Any fears/phobias?
    Nothing out of the ordinary, no. I used to be a bit afraid of spiders, but then realised it was ridiculous!

Any interest in politics?
    Not particularly, though more than most people. I was the chairman of Young Fine Gael in college last year, but that was more because I know a lot about college socities than politics.

Are you ticklish?
    I can't check videos on YouTube at the minute, but if I could, I would post Demetri Martin's answer to that question. "I've got diahhorea, don't touch me or it'll come out!"

What do you do when you need cheering up?
    Get nostalgic! Some good 90s music or games always does the trick.

Favourite girls name/girls names you like?
    I think Jennifer is a pretty nice name, though I don't tihnk names are terribly important!

Favourite boys name/boys names you like?
    Alex is an awesome name, but only for a guy!

Pet peeves?
    People who drum on tables and such. It gets very distracting when you're in class or trying to concentrate on anything.

Guilty pleasures?
    I don't feel guilty about any pleasures, that would just ruin them!

Bottled water,yay or nay?
    As I live in both Ennis and Galway, two places that have a reputation for poor water, I would say bottled. Tesco Value is perfect! Though these days I tend to just fill up bottles with tap water, it's pretty okay now.

Proudest achievements?
    Getting scholarships from college has been pretty sweet, the money certainly makes it a nice achievement! There are various ones from my childhood, like national quiz finals and Community Games running and such.

Best "mistake" you've ever made?
    I remember about 7 years ago, I went on eircom's website to check if broadband was available in our area. You had to put in your account number to check, and next thing I knew, I had ordered it by accident! My parents were pretty peeved, though when it arrived, and I suggested getting rid of it, they laughed at me. If it hadn't been for that, I probably wouldn't have designed websites or studied my current course. It's funny how a little thing like that can change so much. :)

Time to clear out the backlog!
    Best James Bond film, and why?
    Licence to Kill. As is well documented, Timothy Dalton is my favourite Bond as he most closely resembles that from the books. Licence to Kill is great because you get to see his darker side as he goes out on a revenge mission, suspended from MI-6. It's quality stuff.

Best and worst Inis Oirr memory (2006 or otherwise)?
    Getting to watch all the World Cup matches instead of going to the céilithe was excellent. It was great fun watching them with a group of people, even if they just feigned interest so they wouldn't get kicked out. Worst memory is probably my very first night on Inis Oírr, it was lashing rain and we walked all over the bloody island trying to find the house we were staying in. It all went uphill from there though!
    Hotaru wrote: »
    Who do you love the most on boards?
    You're all just wonderful! icon14.gif But I must give a special shout out to Aoibheann, my perfect April 1 match! ;) D4RK ONION has gotten enough mentions in my answers, so I won't mention him. Apart from this time saying it only to not mention him. :pac:

Do you think anime is 'just for kids'?
    Definitely not! I'm not a fan of anime, but I can appreciate its appeal. If anything it's not for kids, I believe most of the more mainstream anime has complex storylines and / or violence and such. So maybe "just for adults"!

Do you believe in heaven and hell?
    Sort of, in a kind of parallel universes kind of way. I think quantum theory and things like that are fascinating.
    M&S* wrote: »
    Favourite type of shoe?
    Converse! Normally I say "substance over style", and I could half-heartedly argue the substance of keeping my ankles warm, but I won't. :P

First CD you ever owned?
    Wow, I'm not too sure! I owned a lot of tapes before CDs, and I've no idea what my first one of those was. I reckon one of my first CDs was a Limp Bizkit single, possibly Take a Look Around.

If you were a fruit what type of fruit would you be?
    Quite a ridiculous question, but alright ... I'll say a juicy tomato so I'd be in the sun!

Fad wrote: »
    Heaviest band you listen to?
    Spinal Tap, I'd say. I think at this stage they can be considered a real band. And they're awesome.
    phlegms wrote: »
    Favorite period of history and why?
    From the Leaving Cert, I quite liked "USA and the Wider World 1945-92". Every other class in our school studied Cold War Europe instead, but I thought this was fascinating. Most of the content was social and cultural rather than political, so we studied Hollywood and rock and roll. And then I got marks for writing about the Beach Boys in the Leaving Cert! :D
    what would be your superpower if you had one?
    Being able to fly was always the one that interested me, it'd be really cool.

favourite everyday insignificant thing about the world?
    The way the bird's nest in the tree outside my house has survived through all the storms, snow and even someone cutting off the branches! :)
    AllInOne wrote: »
    What's the one memory you always find yourself coming back to / is there any significant moment in your life that you will always look back on, and when you do it makes you feel blissfully content?
    I went on a family trip to Malta two years ago, where some relations had rented a house. It was such an awesome week, lounging out in the pool out the back in the glorious sun, reading Crime and Punishment while floating on a lilo. That was the life.

Do you wear glasses?
    Nope, perfect 20/20 vision for me!

Do you think it is safe to say that you are in fact, afraid of swans?
    Though it's a myth that they can easily break one's arm, they are still highly unpredictable, so I would be cautious around them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Chairman of YFG? :eek: Have I met you? I was the assistant secretary of UCD YFG last year, got promoted to secretary halfway through the year... were you at the YFG national conference?

Hotaru wrote: »
    Chairman of YFG? :eek: Have I met you? I was the assistant secretary of UCD YFG last year, got promoted to secretary halfway through the year... were you at the YFG national conference?
    We probably did meet, though I wouldn't have been chairman at the time. :) I've been to the last two YFG national conferences, though the last one was over a year ago so I was only a lowly committee member back then. The photo of me with Enda Kenny in "Know Your C&Hers" is from the Maynooth one.

Now, back to the other questions! :)
    jumpguy wrote: »
    If you could give one person a smack in the face with a fishbot, who'd that be?
    Smacking someone in the face with a fishbot is not the answer! I'm not really a vengeful person, I suck at holding a grudge, so I have no targets.
    You said you watched hurling matches and I remember you said in another thread that you were at the All-Ireland final '07.
    Did you just go randomly to watch it (as many do) or do you have connections with either Limerick or Kilkenny.
    Who were you supporting that day? :D
    My mother is from Limerick, so I was supporting them, all kitted out in green! Quite a disappointing day, as I recall!
    deise_girl wrote: »
    Since you said "yay" to Gaa... :P
    Favourite hurler? And since your location says Galway there really is only one answer here.. :pac:
    I'm from Clare, so my answer doesn't automatically have to be Joe Canning! :P But he is fantastic, and really great to watch, so I probably would have to say him at the moment.

Do you follow gaa much?
    Not as much as I used to, unfortunately. When I was younger, I never missed a Clare hurling championship for about 10 years. I don't follow the league much, just the championship, when the football is over for the summer I need something else to watch at the weekends. :)

Favourite team outside your own?
    As I answered to soccy's question, definitely Limerick.

First inter county game you went to?
    I can't remember back that far, but I do recall being at the 1995 Munster Final when Clare beat Limerick, that was brilliant.

First inter county game you remember seeing on tv?
    No idea! I went to most matches, and almost never watched them on TV.

Emm earlier you said that you enjoyed playing football more to hurling. Do you still play it? And if not why did you stop playing it?
    No, I gave it up when it started getting competitive. I enjoyed playing for fun, but I didn't have any visions of winning a championship or anything like that.

And normal questions :pac:
    Favourite dinner?
    I think I answered this earlier, pasta with my delicious homemade sauce. :)

Best feeling ever?
    Finishing the Leaving Cert and walking out with a weight off my shoulders into the glorious sunshine. That was good. :D

Preferred crisp flavour?
    Cheese and Onion, please!

When you say you were young doing your Junior Cert, how young is young?
    Hm, that was 2004, so I guess I was just a few months turned 15, while everyone else was getting ready to turn 16.

Ooh and what is Fake Dog films? You and onion always go on about it but I never understood what it was! :o
    Well, deise_girl, I'm glad you asked! My brother has a degree in Film & TV Studies and set up Fake Dog Films with one of his classmates. I joined in later, and it's basically the three of us making short films and music videos for fun, while also getting the lads' names out there. You can watch the videos on our site.

All caught up now, so if anyone has anymore questions, fire away!
    Monzo wrote: »
    What would you consider suitable punishment for people who pick their nose and proceed to eat the contents?
    Whatever one might deem suitable! I find a disgusted look is rather effective.

Jim Carrey: A bit annoying or a legend?
    The man is quite the legend, he's Lloyd Christmas!

Ben Stiller: A bit annoying or a massive shít?
    The man is Derek Zoolander, he's great!

The sudden closure of the C&H IRC channel: Yay or nay?
    Yay, it kind of defeated the purpose of C&H existing in a way.

What's your favourite Simpsons moment / quote?
    There are literally way too many to pick one from, but it seems apt to say, "My favourite part was when I got the money".

Would you drink a shot of píss for a €100 note?
    No, I'm not terribly stuck for money, so it doesn't seem worth it. Also, most people would think a €100 note is fake, I'd have a hard time spending it!
    Earliest memory of me? :p
    I remember hanging out by the basketball courts in Inis Oírr and you were telling the worst jokes, pun after pun, it was cringeworthy! Though to be fair, I do believe that was your objective, so it's a good memory.
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Are you a filthy hippy vegetarian type then?
    Yes, only for a few months. I've been toying with the idea for the past year or so since I went vegetarian for Lent last year. I did it again this year and I haven't gone back. And I should say that I shower every day and wear nice non-hippy clothes! :P

I think that's pretty much it then! Anyone got any final questions? I'll return to being a mysterious shadow again after this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Best-est Pokémon evar?

Davidius wrote: »
    Best-est Pokémon evar?
    Well if I had a choice of every Pokémon to make a team, the first I would choose would be Zapdos because he's damn powerful. He's also very cool, so I'll have to say him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I meant to ask questions sooner, sorry!

Cake or death?

Favourite meaning of \o/? (This WILL be asked in every thread, damnit!)

Do you like to dance, and if not.. whyever not? :O

If you were ever challenged to a duel, what weapon would you use?

Favourite fruit?

Thing that annoys you most about society, and your favourite thing about it?

Where would you be/what would you be doing now if not your current course, and why?

Apologies if these have been asked before.. >.<
    syncosised wrote:
    But I must give a special shout out to Aoibheann, my perfect April 1 match! ;)

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Is laughter the best medicine?

Optimal amount of sleep you need?

Favourite sport?

Strangest hobby you have?

Are you happy where you are in life atm?

Where were you...5 years before? :P

Any causes you feel strongly about?

Slowly revealing more about myself!
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    Cake or death?
    Cake ... if there's any left! :D

Favourite meaning of \o/? (This WILL be asked in every thread, damnit!)
    "I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly, my friend."

Do you like to dance, and if not.. whyever not? :O
    Not particularly. Dancing just never tickled my fancy really, I don't feel I'm terribly good at it, but also don't feel the need to improve on it at all.

If you were ever challenged to a duel, what weapon would you use?
    A long stick of some sort. Though if my opponent had something more impressive and powerful, I might reconsider.

Favourite fruit?
    Tomatoes, can't get enough of them!

Thing that annoys you most about society, and your favourite thing about it?
    I hate to go preachy vegetarian, especially since I'm not one very long, but it annoys me how we can become so attached and caring towards animals like dogs and yet cruelly treat other animals like cows and chickens, making an arbitrary distinction.

My favourite thing has to be that our society is still full of nice, kind people who will give a helping hand to a stranger because it's the right thing to do. :)

Where would you be/what would you be doing now if not your current course, and why?
    At one point I had designs on studying neuroscience. I think the brain is fascinating, and neuroscience a rapidly expanding field. However, it was only in UCD, and I wasn't keen on moving up to Dublin

<3
    :cool:

• Advertisement

Jumpguy's questions now ...
    jumpguy wrote: »
    Is laughter the best medicine?
    Almost certainly. Though in some cases, it's quite the opposite!

Optimal amount of sleep you need?
    8 hours. No more, no less, I'll take my eight hours, say thank you very much, and I'll have a great day!

Favourite sport?
    Football, the English type. I spend a lot of my weekend watching Prempiership matches, and any others that are on!

Strangest hobby you have?
    I'm growing tomato plants on my windowsill at the minute. They're growing well, but I'm not sure how much further they'll get!

Are you happy where you are in life atm?
    Absolutely! I find it hard to imagine things being much better to be honest! :)

Where were you...5 years before? :P
    At the end of Transition Year. Great times, it set me on the right path for the 5 years that followed (and beyond :D ).

Any causes you feel strongly about?
    I suppose my above post would suggest animal rights, though I've never really thought that before. I think the Simon Community is really important, helping homeless people get back on their feet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement