Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garth Crooks's team of the week.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Maybe it is just me but Zhirkov wasn't particularly impressive against United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Oh God....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Thread of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

He was probably still at Arsenal when Crooks started answering the question.

I seriously detest Gareth Crooks and his long winded, irritating tripe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Maybe it is just me but Zhirkov wasn't particularly impressive against United.

Thought he did quite well against Valencia and got forward when he could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Crooks: ''Well. you see. once an. Arsenal... player... alwaaays. AN. arsenal. plaaayer... That would. be. the. way. to view it. as far as I'M... concerned. obviously''

God he's annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Generally if a player has scored a goal over the weekend he'll be in Garth's team of the week.

He's painful as a pundit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

He's the worst of the worst. Will never forget him defending Adebayor's celebration when he ran up in front of the Arsenal fans.

"So Adebayor is not allowed celebrate a goal is he not?"

Even the player himself later admitted he had gone OTT. The guy is hopeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Garth Crooks is the worst football pundit I've ever had the misfortune to watch and listen to.

He's right up there on a par with Paddy Mulligan on Newstalk's Premier League coverage, and Jimmy Magee's terrible attempts at football commentating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

They also use Man City kit from last year, get with the times BBC :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think the team of the week thing is one of those things they probably came up with in the BBC offices to shut up Crooks for an hour or two every week.

A case of "Garth go over there now and spend an hour or two coming up with your team of the week"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Its a toss up between Crooks and Jamie Redknapp for worst pundit ever imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

jamie redknapp after the bayern game ...Utd scored too early

Giles the next day when asked if he thought utd scored too early

"Too early bill?? thats a thing crap pundits make up what are you supposed to tell them not to score in the first five minutes"

was it crooks who dunphy said about that was he sex on television when he interviewed Sven?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

was it crooks who dunphy said about that was he sex on television when he interviewed Sven?

Was indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

FearDark wrote: »
    Its a toss up between Crooks and Jamie Redknapp for worst pundit ever imo.

lou_macari_swindontown_400.jpg

No contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37892037
    I can't be seeing right. Victor Moses playing right wing-back? Cutting in on his left side and striking the ball with ferocious accuracy? Swinging balls into the box with his right foot like a boomerang and with terrifying effect?

I have never seen the Nigerian defend with such competence, in fact I've often been told by coaches - mostly English and trained by the Football Association - that players like Moses were incapable of producing such performances. That's probably why Chelsea and most Premier League clubs no longer invest in English managers these days.

If Moses keeps playing at this rate, Chelsea may have stumbled on another Ashley Cole.

I'm actually choking up here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd kill for a peak Ashley Cole in Contes current formation. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

GavRedKing wrote: »

Cole on one side and Azpilicueta on the other would be frightening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Azpilicueta isn't good enough going forward to play the wing back role. The role suits Moses perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

GavRedKing wrote: »

Alonso looked fairly great on Saturday in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Johner wrote: »
    Azpilicueta isn't good enough going forward to play the wing back role. The role suits Moses perfectly.

It kind of works to have one offensively minded, and one defensively minded, so they can quickly shuffle across to be a back 4 or even 5 with Kante if needs be.

Nice mix of attacking threat and defensive solidity.

Advertisement