Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2010/11 Kits Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Have to say I've always loved the stars of merit system in Germany and Italy, a great way of showing off a clubs history. Kinda wish it was implemented by UEFA officially for Champions league winners, don't like the sleeve emblem they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Have to say I've always loved the stars of merit system in Germany and Italy, a great way of showing off a clubs history. Kinda wish it was implemented by UEFA officially for Champions league winners, don't like the sleeve emblem they do.

Would get a bit messy for real and milan. I think boca add a star every time they win a league or copa libertadoras

It is good as long as it doesn't become a pissing contest like it did with rangers and celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

This appears to be the actual Milan kit for next season (I would think it's the correct one, has the same template as the Paraguay home and has the techmotion or whatever crap on the back)

ac-milan-10-11-home-adidas-kit-leaked.jpg

Hate to be the guy that had to wear the average joe's version "Here fatso you wear that one, the fitter guy is wearing the fancy one"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Osu wrote: »
    Hamburg one is cool, unlike their fans.

I'm a nice guy, so are most of the fans I know/meet. :)

Celtic fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

010425876874500.jpg

A proper, old school kit after some very dodgy previous seasons from League 2's finest, The Cobblers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

dooferoaks wrote: »
    010425876874500.jpg

A proper, old school kit after some very dodgy previous seasons from League 2's finest, The Cobblers.

think it's rotten

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Everton have decided to scrap the white bib on this season's kit and go for something more minimalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

010425876874500.jpg

State of it.
    It's a Ralph Lauren rugby kit.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Wolverhampton-Wanderers-10-11-BURRDA-away-kit.jpg

New wolves away, better than this years white and red collar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Voltwad wrote: »
    Everton have decided to scrap the white bib on this season's kit and go for something more minimalist.

Ah, no need for that:(:mad:

New OM home kit for next season:

Olympique-de-Marseille-10-11-adidas-home-kit-5.jpg

please don't link images from footballshirtculture, host it somewhere else. That site is as slow as **** and threads fail to load because of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Here is the new Blackburn away kit. I don't like it, very United like.

new-blackburn-rovers-away-shirt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ok, so the Blackburn away looks like United, the United away looks like Bolton, I wonder if the Bolton away will look like Blackburn?

I wonder if the Bolton away will look like Blackburn?

No, it just looks cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

please don't link images from footballshirtculture, host it somewhere else. That site is as slow as **** and threads fail to load because of it.

Didn't know that. Will do in the future:):)

AC Milan home:
    juzfur.jpg

AC Milan Away:
    15fnitf.jpg

AC Milan 3rd:
    102t5av.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Ah, no need for that:(:mad:

New OM home kit for next season:

Olympique-de-Marseille-10-11-adidas-home-kit-5.jpg

The one the player is wearing is different to the other one.....sponsor is positioned differently and also every second stripe on the one on the left is slightly darker. Lovely jersey if it wasn't for the horrible sponsor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

010425876874500.jpg

Oh dear god! That's a proper "old school" rugby jersey.

Cheers, it's normally not too bad but at this time of year their site seems to grind to a halt with all the hotlinking.
    AC Milan home:
    <pic>

AC Milan Away:
    <pic>

AC Milan 3rd:
    <pic>

Those are all clearly the work of photoshop, the Emirates doesn't follow the creases of the jersey and there is clear pixelation around the crest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Those are all clearly the work of photoshop, the Emirates doesn't follow the creases of the jersey and there is clear pixelation around the crest.

Sickened I liked the look of those jerseys :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The fake Milan home looks like it's made of PVC :S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Does anyone know when the new spurs kit will be officially released? Or launched?

Does anyone know when the new spurs kit will be officially released? Or launched?

It will depend on when a sponsor would be obtained, they wouldn't want to launch the jersey without one, would probably lower the potential value of any subsequent deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

AC Milan home:
    juzfur.jpg

AC Milan Away:
    15fnitf.jpg

AC Milan 3rd:
    102t5av.jpg

Fake, fake and fake - they're all really bad photoshops (esp the third, come on now), the away jersey is a photoshopped version of the Real home I posted a few pages back

This is the actual home (doesn't have the Fly Emirates on it yet, maybe the deal hasn't begun yet) - I posted it a few pages back

Milananticipo.png

It will depend on when a sponsor would be obtained, they wouldn't want to launch the jersey without one, would probably lower the potential value of any subsequent deal.

Ya I guess your right I'd say levy is working in x amount if we get past the champions league qualifiers etc etc I suppose good for the clubs stability to have a bigger sponsership deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Seen the pictures of the United kit posted before. It's a pretty safe bet IMO that these wll be the order of kits for the coming season.

Home
    2pzd2dy.jpg

Away
    iwiuti.jpg

Third
    bjeie1.jpg

Everyone I've talked to hates the white away one though and I'm the only one to say its nice. I like the setup, love the black third one and the home one has that classic retro feel about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Definitely a no from me for the white and the third jerseys. Will have to see what the home ones is like "in the flesh" first but I have a feeling I'll be wearing the 07/08 one for another season despite the fact that it is falling apart...:(

EDIT: Saw a guy in Limerick City yesterday with the new Liverpool jersey and it doesn't look half bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Worst kit United have had in years (that's says alot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

i hate the new liverpool one, saw it in the shop yesterday, its awful! i don't like the new sponsership thing, the text is too big, there is too many letters and that logo is awful!
    i think ill be sticking with my old one, :(

the utd one is awful too! although the third looks the same to me as their last years one just with a different sponser, looks like my OH will be sticking with his old ones too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

mars bar wrote: »
    Definitely a no from me for the white and the third jerseys. Will have to see what the home ones is like "in the flesh" first but I have a feeling I'll be wearing the 07/08 one for another season despite the fact that it is falling apart...:(

EDIT: Saw a guy in Limerick City yesterday with the new Liverpool jersey and it doesn't look half bad...

saw a fella wearing the new liverpool top the other night. I thought it was horrible. So did he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

fullstop wrote: »
    The one the player is wearing is different to the other one.....sponsor is positioned differently and also every second stripe on the one on the left is slightly darker. Lovely jersey if it wasn't for the horrible sponsor.

Good spot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

United home is very nice
    Away one is ghastly though, defo wont be buying it. Looks like something from the non leagues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

**** all these teams changing their jerseys so often.
    I buy one every about 3 years and that's me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

eagle eye wrote: »
    Here is the new Blackburn away kit. I don't like it, very United like.

new-blackburn-rovers-away-shirt.jpg

Posted a pic of this earlier on in the thread,

I like it, i'm liking the return to red and black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

United away looks like the training tops they release when a new jersey comes out. Bit cack. The home one is decent

New Rangers home and away (another Umbro beauty)

Rangers+away1.jpg

Real away (rotten, very 90s lime green too.. wtf)

RealMadridaway.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

1860 Munich Away shirt. "Classy"

trikotbjub9193670919902.jpg

trikotbjub9193670919902.jpg

Hah - is that Aslan the lion in the middle? And why did they photoshop robin williams armhair onto the model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

munichspoof-1.jpg

Not bad, bit controversial though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Rangers shirt = rugby shirt. Yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

new leeds kit

0,,10273~8784994,00.jpg

you may have seen it in the papers on sunday ;)

Bayer Leverkusen Home (lots of black)

Leverkusen1.png

Benfica Home (lovely, but terrible sponsor ruins it)

Benfica.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Leverkusen1.png

Very nice. Probably the only good kit I've seen so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Re: Blackburn Away Kit...

Dont like the away Jersey/Colours, its like ManU's kit from about 10??? seasons ago, year keane left (even longer?) looks recycled?

Maybe all the MU fans could buy it as a protest against the Glaziers.

In fact would'nt be great/controversial if the new Rovers away kit was green and gold Blackburn halves!!!! :eek: What with Big Sam been best mates with SAF an all :D :pac:

Re: Blackburn Away Kit...

Dont like the away Jersey/Colours, its like ManU's kit from about 10??? seasons ago, year keane left (even longer?) looks recycled?

Maybe all the MU fans could buy it as a protest against the Glaziers.

In fact would'nt be great/controversial if the new Rovers away kit was green and gold Blackburn halves!!!! :eek: What with Big Sam been best mates with SAF an all :D :pac:

Looks like the 2002 Utd home if we're thinking of the same top

ManUtdHSS0203.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

yeah not far off, different kit manufacturer Nike/Umbro but very similar?

• Advertisement

kits1.jpg

not our away jersey but it is the home one not sure about the sponsor either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Looks photoshopped to me, based on the sponsor logo not appearing to follow the creases of the shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

kits1.jpg

not our away jersey but it is the home one not sure about the sponsor either

Are Spurs not going back to Addias?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Leverkusen1.png

Looks like Adidas are now templating right across different sports!

essendon_guernsey_adidas_SAMSUNG.jpg

yeah not far off, different kit manufacturer Nike/Umbro but very similar?

Not surprising since Nike own Umbro now, that's why Umbro's stuff has got a lot better and "classic"

• Advertisement
Advertisement