Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most underrated confectionery or packaged snack?

Options
  • 05-04-2010 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Just sitting here enjoying a hot beverage and a Topic.

A fine fine piece of confectionery that, if I may say, gets a hard time of it when it comes to consumer choice.

Regularly it gets ignored by the sheep eating hoards who choose the same old Twix or Kit Kat to satisfy their snack hunger pangs.

The Topic contains lashings of milk chocolate, a fine serving of roasted hazelnuts that are surround by nougat. This in itself would be enough to make a delicious treat but no, there is also the orgasam inducing caramel that perfectly compliments the hazelnuts.

Biting into a Topic makes you feel alive again, like maybe someday your dreams will come true. It's a chocolate bar full of hope, a bar that gives that lift that we all so very much need in today's troubled time.

I'd love to be able to add a YouTube video here of a Topic commercial but alas, it's not be. Being underrated and under-appreciated tends to have the effect of your Adverts not being celebrated by the masses.

Long live The Topic, a chocolate bar that keeps it's head held high and never indulges in self pity. A bar that would much rather be loved by the few people who appreciate uniqueness, than just liked by commonalty.

Long live The Topic.

So, which confectionery or packaged snack do you feel is savagely underrated?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Your sexually frustrated right now aren't you! LOL :pac:

...but yes. Cup of tea and a Twix is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've always felt that the Topic was the reject of the selection box.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭missyfirefly

Macaroon bars!!

They're awesome!!!

I could eat Milky Ways all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

You work for Topic , don't you Pete? :pac:

I love a good Kinder Bueno meself. Mmmmm.... Bueno

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Cadbury's Secret or Caramilk is where its at.

Pity they're not made any more :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Yellow snack bar is completley underrated and it is a beaut when combined with tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

+1 For Milky Ways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Mini Moro's

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭missyfirefly

Cadbury Tiffin is also an awesome snack!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

orla wrote: »
    I've always felt that the Topic was the reject of the selection box.

Exactly, it's a fucking crime to be fair :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Nestle Caramac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Moros for me or yorkie bars...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Just sitting here enjoying a hot beverage and a Topic.

A fine fine piece of confectionery that, if I may say, gets a hard time of it when it comes to consumer choice.

Regularly it gets ignored by the sheep eating hoards who choose the same old Twix or Kit Kat to satisfy their snack hunger pangs.

The Topic contains lashings of milk chocolate, a fine serving of roasted hazelnuts that are surround by nougat. This in itself would be enough to make a delicious treat but no, there is also the orgasam inducing caramel that perfectly compliments the hazelnuts.

Biting into a Topic makes you feel alive again, like maybe someday your dreams will come true. It's a chocolate bar full of hope, a bar that gives that lift that we all so very much need in today's troubled time.

I'd love to be able to add a YouTube video here of a Topic commercial but alas, it's not be. Being underrated and under-appreciated tends to have the effect of your Adverts not being celebrated by the masses.

Long live The Topic, a chocolate bar that keeps it's head held high and never indulges in self pity. A bar that would much rather be loved by the few people who appreciate uniqueness, than just liked by commonalty.

Long live The Topic.

So, which confectionery or packaged snack do you feel is savagely underrated?

I have to say I completely agree with you. I adore Topics but don't think I've EVER seen anyone but me eating them. They're the perfect size as well - a little smaller than your average Mars or Snickers which, quite frankly, can be a bit sickening (although is it just me or have they made these smaller now? Think it might be something to do with reducing their scary calorie content which is now emblazoned on the front).

I once heard a story about a mouse's head being found in a Topic bar but I can't see how it would have fit, unless it was a baby mouse. I'm still willing to take the risk for the sake of it's hazelnut-ty and nougat goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Eww, Topics are the one bar i can not stand! Starbars disappeared for a while but they're back now and are yum. Don't hear much about them either.

Love the Yorkies with the raisins in them.
    Very under-rated. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

The Starbar is a seriously tasty bar of chocolate.... and i agree about th topic very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭eddie the eagle

Telex bars

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

wispa gold = best bar in history .. they appear to have disappeared from the shops now though?

Telex bars
    :confused: Never heard of them.
    What have I missed! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After Hours -> Snacks/Sweets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Jelly tots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fall Guy

Turkish delight is delish, haven't had one in about 15 years mind. Also like Caramac.

Ahh ffs why was this thread moved???

It's a tongue in cheek After Hours thread.

King vs Tayto ring any bells?

Why not move all the fucking Muslim threads to Politics if specific content is the new rule?

The locking and moving of threads is starting to piss people off and needs to stop.

Moderating threads for the sake of Moderation.

Moving threads that shouldn't be moved.

I don't think some of you over there know what After Hours is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭eddie the eagle

Biggins wrote: »
    :confused: Never heard of them.
    What have I missed! :(

after your time i guess ;) they were school lunch bars in the early eighties. made up for the day if i got a double wrapped one. rich feckers got snacks

What about these bad boys
    always loved them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Ahh ffs why was this thread moved???

It's a tongue in cheek After Hours thread.

King vs Tayto ring any bells?

Why not move all the fucking Muslim threads to Politics if specific content is the new rule?

The locking and moving of threads is starting to piss people off and needs to stop.

Moderating threads for the sake of Moderation.

Moving threads that shouldn't be moved.

I don't think some of you over there know what After Hours is about.

Jesus, relax. It's not like your thread was moved to Siberia :rolleyes:.

Faith wrote: »

It's a regular occurrence over there at the moment, that is all.

No reflection on this fine forum :)

Faith wrote: »

might as well have been, food and drink!!! pah, i'm back to AH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Double Deckers...I never see other people eating them but i love'em!! It's basically 2 bars squished into one!! Ah...kinda wish i had one now :(

Advertisement