Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most underrated confectionery or packaged snack?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

nope lads it has to be the peanut lion bar! Why that was ever stopped is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

racso1975 wrote: »
    nope lads it has to be the peanut lion bar! Why that was ever stopped is beyond me

That's a blast from the past.

Kinder Bueno is very nice too.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

racso1975 wrote: »

Well if we're going to include discontinued bars.....

Kitkat Chunky Peanut = end of thread tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bp1989

They had those? I've never seen them, they sound great though!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

bp1989 wrote: »
    They had those? I've never seen them, they sound great though!
    They were unbelievable, I used to eat sick amounts of them. I am not sure they should be included since this is supposed to be underrated bars, and they were very highly rated by everybody I know who had one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Just sitting here enjoying a hot beverage and a Topic.

A fine fine piece of confectionery that, if I may say, gets a hard time of it when it comes to consumer choice.

Regularly it gets ignored by the sheep eating hoards who choose the same old Twix or Kit Kat to satisfy their snack hunger pangs.

The Topic contains lashings of milk chocolate, a fine serving of roasted hazelnuts that are surround by nougat. This in itself would be enough to make a delicious treat but no, there is also the orgasam inducing caramel that perfectly compliments the hazelnuts.

Biting into a Topic makes you feel alive again, like maybe someday your dreams will come true. It's a chocolate bar full of hope, a bar that gives that lift that we all so very much need in today's troubled time.

I'd love to be able to add a YouTube video here of a Topic commercial but alas, it's not be. Being underrated and under-appreciated tends to have the effect of your Adverts not being celebrated by the masses.

Long live The Topic, a chocolate bar that keeps it's head held high and never indulges in self pity. A bar that would much rather be loved by the few people who appreciate uniqueness, than just liked by commonalty.

Long live The Topic.

So, which confectionery or packaged snack do you feel is savagely underrated?

Before I read the rest of this thread I had to add this..I totally agree with you. I was saddened when the Topic was dropped from the Celebrations collection. Totally overlooked in my house anyway, year after year, I was happily gobbling them all up. People forget how numny they are...strange that. Like a really sound or funny class or workmate who blends into the background for some reason, is left out and is kind of a loner 'cos people don't notice them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

As I continue to thank posts and read through this thread I find myself tenting up,if you catch my drift;) Ano but I like or miss the following:
    Cadbury's Marble: Ahhh the truffley inside was so sugary but excellent.
    Lion Ice Cream:Miss them with a passion. Along with the kitkat one,not the ones in the shape of a Cornetto,the more Mars ice cream one.
    Dairy Milk with Biscuit:Any bar with biscuit is delicious IMO,and this was one of the best.
    Dairy Milk Double Choc: Was only out briefly,not so long ago.Aw they were so choclatey soft and delicious.
    Nestle Double Cream: Orgasmed over these. The thick hard chocolate was hard beat.
    Wispa Bite: The good old Wispa and Wispa Gold combined,but with biscuit! Caramel biscuit and milk chocolate,someone is after my heart.
    Galaxy Cookie Crumble: A new creation. Call me gay for eating a Galaxy? Don't care,sublime. If you haven't tried them,get off boards and get one.NOW.
    Cadbury's Dream Ice Cream: Dream white chocolate on the outside,strawberry on the inside. Need I say any more?
    And finally one of my favourite bars of all time.

CADBURY SNOW FLAKE.Would actually do anything to have one.
    I'm sure I'll think of more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

bp1989 wrote: »
    Reese's peanut butter cups are where it's at

Oh my God they are orgasmic! I love them :) Salty yet sweet and it works nom nom I was so happy when you could get them in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Soften up a Texan by dipping it in tea\coffee. Keep your fillings.

A Whalnut whip or Turkish Delight.. [drool]

I went off Wagon Wheels when I found out there might be umm.. 'animal rendered' ingredients included. (gelatin of some sort)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

The humble Moro has been accompanying my tae recently. Also a fan of Creme Egg season

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

greetings wrote: »
    Cadbury's Marble: Ahhh the truffley inside was so sugary but excellent.

I miss them. They were lovely!
    Dairy Milk Double Choc: Was only out briefly,not so long ago.Aw they were so choclatey soft and delicious.

Pretty sure I spotted them in a shop recently.
    Nestle Double Cream: Orgasmed over these. The thick hard chocolate was hard beat.

Oh god, they were great. Except one had half your daily allowance of saturated fat or something.
    Galaxy Cookie Crumble: A new creation. Call me gay for eating a Galaxy? Don't care,sublime. If you haven't tried them,get off boards and get one.NOW.

Yes, very very tasty.
    CADBURY SNOW FLAKE.Would actually do anything to have one.
    I'm sure I'll think of more.

I'd forgotten about them! They were delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,471 ✭✭✭✭cson

rubadub wrote: »
    catch%20bar.bmp
    Valmont wrote: »
    edit: Catch bars are also awesome.

Catch Bars are nice but around 4/5 years ago they ****ed them up imo. I remember they used to come in a shiny red wrapper and generally the chocolate and chewy bit were way nicer than they are now. They've got this shiny modern red thing going on now and they just don't taste the same.

Fuck progress in the arse with a jagged rod. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

toffee crisps! mmmmmmmmm :)
    also love moros and chomps!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Pink_Glits&pups

the coconut moro...BRING IT BACK...delish!!:p
    220px-Coconut_Moro.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ewwww coconut.
    Having a packet of Hunky Dory's Buffalo here,very tasty.

Not understanding this frequent citing of Moro bars at all! Yes, they are delicious but No, they are so not under-rated!! Sure, who doesn't like Moro bars??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Well if we're going to include discontinued bars.....

Kitkat Chunky Peanut = end of thread tbh.

I never knew such a thing existed :eek: I probably would have been better off never knowing I'd missed out!

Not sure if anybody has mentioned Animal Bars yet, they bring back fond memories of childhood. A simple, cheap pleasure!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Des Carter

definitely without a shadow of a doubt it has to be Kinder Pingui.

Best thing ever invented/discovered or imagined ever.

i had an animal bar earlier! :) was really small but yeh a nice size for when you just need a little chocolate fix, very satisfying!!

I never knew such a thing existed :eek: I probably would have been better off never knowing I'd missed out!

I still have about 6 left from a stockpile box of 24 I bought off ebay back in November for €12. They are being saved those terrible days when only a Kitkat chunky peanut butter will do!

The caramel one was brought out to replace them - stupidity! As if we don't have enough caramel bars already!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Animal Crackers are savagely underrated :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Not understanding this frequent citing of Moro bars at all! Yes, they are delicious but No, they are so not under-rated!! Sure, who doesn't like Moro bars??

I kinda forgot about 'em :o

Animal crackers????!!!
    never tried these bad boys before!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

kit kat chunky peanut,they were soooo nice,I like reeses peanutbutter cups too.LOl heres a blast from the past,A TWO and TWO bar,cant remember who made them(long gone now),used too love them as a kid,anyone remember them? Ya would have too be knocking around in the 70's.:D Oh found out on the childhood sweets thread,that it was cleaves who made the Two and Two bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I've learned an important lesson today. Never, ever browse this forum while hungry :D

Another vote for the Topic. It's been going so long now that it must have a good fanbase. That said, I haven't had one in at least a year. Don't go in for sweets 'n bars much anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

Guilty!- hate the bit in the middle!:o Does anyone remember Texan bars - they were chewy, covered in chocolate - the wrapper was orange with a cowboy (surprise) on the front.........now THAT was a bar!

Haven't found anything over the past 20 years to equal its yumminess.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

topic bars are lovely, 5 for €2 in the euro shops too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

The humble Bounty.

bounty_bar.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ATM I'm addicted to Mars Planets!!! 2 for €1 in Spar!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Kinder's Happy Hippo
    They're delicious and I haven't met anyone else who's heard of them!

Wafer biscuit with chocolatey hazelnut spread mmm.

<3

Advertisement