Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to view forum

Options
  • 05-04-2010 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I would like to view and access this forum. However it seem near impossible to get access. I refer to this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055869085 I can't view any of the links that the mod provided, e.g. the reason why access is restricted, because I can't get a link to submit an access request !! This does not seem in any way clear. Can a mod please assist..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You were banned from the Soccer forum a good time back.

Contact the Soccer mods to see if they are willing to lift your ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Hi Tom and all,

I've been in touch with one of the soccer mods Dub13, I can now view the soccer access page, but when I try to view the charter for the two keywords link http://nologin.boards.ie/vbulletin/s...p?t=2055637809 I am getting the message saying I dont have permission to access....etc

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to get a reply to the thread I posted...(awaiting mod approval...)about the issue I have view the Soccer charter. I can now at least view the access request page

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hi, you still have a ban on the soccer forum which is where that thread exists. I think the mod has granted you access to the access request forum, but not lifted the ban from the soccer forum.

HI Gordan,

Yes, a soccer mod did some looing into it for me, the ban on Access request is lifted, he can do nothing more for me. The problem been, in order to request access, I have to read the charter. I cannot read the charter, the soccer mod said I need to follow up in the help desk forum. Can you help and see why I cannot view the charter. (Link in post #3).

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Right, I'm a bit confused as to how things should work, so as an interim solution you can do this - log out of Boards.ie completely and then go to Sports->Soccer. You will be able to view the charter there (I've just done this and there should be no problem reading the charter when logged out). You can then log back in and do the necessary on the Soccer Access Requests forum.

In the mean time, I'm going to educate myself as to how it should normally work. :o

Well Tom, I've logged out of Boards and logged back in. In this post of the Soccer Access Requests,the post provides the link When I click on this link I get the following error message (screenshot). Hope this helps. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Log out then view forum, don't log back in until forum has been viewed.

Thanks Gordon,

I have done the above and was able the view the charter as a guest and have submitted a request. Although this workaround doesn't make any sense and been honest it took since the 9th April to find out this work around since I was allowed to access the request page. Should this be looked into.

Thanks

Advertisement