Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wind in East Midlands area England next weekend

Options
  • 05-04-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know it probably gets annoying with people asking for weather forecasts for their holidays, but does anyone know where i can get info on forecast wind speed and direction in Nottingham, england next weekend?

I'm going to kayak sprint races there, and wind can have a huge effect of conditions in a kayak sprint race.

Thanks!!!

Comments

Hi,

I know it probably gets annoying with people asking for weather forecasts for their holidays, but does anyone know where i can get info on forecast wind speed and direction in Nottingham, england next weekend?

I'm going to kayak sprint races there, and wind can have a huge effect of conditions in a kayak sprint race.

Thanks!!!

Here's the bbc 5 day report http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/346?&search=nottingham&itemsPerPage=10&region=uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

It is not looking too windy at the moment over there for the coming weekend, with just a light to moderate southerly, although it really is too far out to say at this point:

109869.png

all depends though on how strong the forecast ridge influences the area. Best bet is to keep up with the latest forecast, it should become clearer closer the time.

In the meantime though, keep an eye on yr.no forecast for Nottingham, UK

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

just goto met office.. or use the charts that we use in the uk... http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=gfsh500;sess=

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

At the moment, the models are agreed on a light SE wind for Saturday, and estimates for Sunday range from SE 10 knots to 20-25 knots on various models. I'll post an update on that for you on Thursday.

Advertisement