Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking price??? What is sale price!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 walshkvn

As far as I know the property websites haven't had their prices updated to keep up with the real price in ages. Well that my experience, but it not experience of Dublin.

I definitely would have no problem in going in with cheeky offers. The estate agents mightn't like it but there is no harm in trying and its not them that are making the decision at the end of the day. Cheeky offers of the region of 50 to 70k off the asking price. It's a buyers market.

Either way I wouldn't be in a rush or anything ... prices aren't dramatically going to go up in the next few years, if anything they're going to come down a bit more, so might as well cushion yourself against that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 littlewopper

Thanks for that, we are in no rush at all, however we need to live somewhere and although prices may come down some-more if these "asking prices" are unrealistic for current market position, it would be good to know how to gauge for actual prices!!! ?????? thanks ......lw

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Op, how come a 2 bed? would you consider 3 bed?

Yes, will consider anything in the 220k to 290k range, as long as its clean, comfortable somewhat modern and at a realistic price,the links above show what we are looking for, but are these 'asking prices' reasonable??? for example the house '72-annamoe-terrace', asking €275 but did it make 275????

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/72-annamoe-terrace-cabra/204011

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Ignore website asking prices...unless your after having a few pints and want a laugh..:)

A house,site,field,car,cat is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Interest rates rising, emigration and the NAMA uncertainty all point to continuing price decreases in Ireland...so hold tuff..relax..

buckin-bull_jpg.jpg

• Advertisement

Please if anybody has experience in valuation and would like to take some time, please could you make a stab at what this property sold for????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

as you know sale prices are not published here in Ireand unlike in the UK which is a further impediment to house buyers making an informed decision as to what offer to make. you can draw your own conclusions as to why this vital piece of information is not legally available, in fact you could contact your local TD and demand of him/her answers as to why this situation persists here, perhaps spice up your enquiry by adding that your vote is at stake unless you get a satisfactory answer.

i have pm'd you an alternative website that may be useful to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Please if anybody has experience in valuation and would like to take some time, please could you make a stab at what this property sold for????

Maybe around the 200k (+ - 20k)?

Do you have the answer?

wish i had the answer..... 240 got rejected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

wish i had the answer..... 240 got rejected

Well more fool to the person(s) who bought it for more than that. More fool to them. Count yourself lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

they turned down 240:eek: and have gone sale agreed !

still sale agreed is not sold so wait and see does it come back onto market and offer 195k and a quick sale.

I had an epihany recently and realised that there's loads of houses out there , also loads of buyers but not too many of them have aip, deposits and are ready to go

snowey07 wrote: »

I had an epihany recently and realised that there's loads of houses out there , also loads of buyers but not too many of them have aip, deposits and are ready to go

Thanks snowey, I read your blog, I think its all about finding the right house, happy hunting with your search.

Advertisement