Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open web app without toolbar, address bar etc

Options
  • 05-04-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Currently users of my web application have a short cut on their desktops to the login page on my website. On logging, I have code to open a popup window with no address bar, toolbar back buttons etc - I want it to look like an application and not a website.

The problem I am encountering now is that users are regularly new toolbars like the yahoo toolbar. These toolbars often include extra popup blockers which block my application from opening.

Ideally I would like to have the link I put on the users desktop lead straight to a page without toolbars, address bars and all that good stuff... This would eliminate the need for me to go opening popups? Is there any way of doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Maybe, but I wouldn't do it. If a user has installed a popup blocker they have choosen to block popups. If you try to circumvent this you may, and probably will, loose users.

Sounds to me you may need to implement a smart client instead of a browser based interface, or you may need to redesign your browser based interface to not rely on popups.

Advertisement