Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are you single?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭juleserino

I have Aspergers:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

laugh and Kiera, get a room or at least keep it to PM's.

I pm'd Kiera but no joy, have you any more advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Banned Account

juleserino wrote: »
    I have Aspergers.

Really? Can I buy some off you - they make lovely soup and go great with steak too.

Nyom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭merlie

Why I am single. The guy who is now my ex I had wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Loved him deeply but cos of complications, he left me. So I'm single again. I don't want a boyfriend yet as I am getting my life back slowly but surely and I would like to meet a nice guy who wants the same things out of life as I do.
    I do prefer long term relationships.

laugh wrote: »
    I pm'd Kiera but no joy, have you any more advice?

Could've saved you the bother buddy - she's sexy but aloof - shot down again.

*reads chapter seven of 'How to become a better cyber stalker - 7 ways to increase your web girth'*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Suit Up

Ooooh, well la-di-fookin'-da look at me with all my sexings and stuff - no blue balls for me - i get loving so I do ... etc etc

:(

Well it's not something that happens every week, so when you get some, you have to boast a little. God knows when I'll get some again, as I will probably **** up this evening. It's inevitable. :pac:

Single, as had a bad break up. :/

Not quite ready for a relationship yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Teen lesbians are few and far between...:/:(

Teen lesbians are few and far between...:/:(

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Single due to Socialy Crippling Panic Disorder :eek: Altho i do get asked out a fair bit just ya know... thought of going place's = dooooooooooommmm

You can beat that amigo.

I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Now is just not the right time for me. I need to be more financially stable as I here they cost alot these days. I also work the majority of the time. A 15-16 hours 7 days a week job is not as fun as it sounds. Although in the winter, I only spend about 8 hours or so a day working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭juleserino

Really? Can I buy some off you - they make lovely soup and go great with steak too.

Nyom.

Ironically funny. I tried not to laugh, but failed:)

Its an autism spectrum disorder that is characterized by significant difficulties in social interaction. Textbook def. There is a bit more to it than that, suffice to say that I can at times appear an insensitive prick. You know when your girl comes home with a new haircut, well like it or not tis always best to say "Wow honey, that looks great"...well I can't seem to manage these little fabrications. I mean the look on her face is funny and all...I digress...for this and many other reasons like it, I am single.

It don't pay to tell your girl the truth about the small seemingly insignificant things, however I never seem to learn. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

This -
    I enjoy being single, wouldn't mind dating someone, but not really trying very hard.

with a smidgen of -
    I'm single and far too stuck in my ways to be in a relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Because I'm too much of a dumbass to read signals and too much of a scaredy cat to take a chance. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Whats up wiht boards today is everyone feeling lonely?

We have this thread and a thread about what your looking for in a partner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

"I-ii-ii-ii... ain't got nobody..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Bella_purple

i'm single because he's in ireland and me in another country... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

i'm single because he's in ireland and me in another country... :(

He'll be happy to hear you say that :)

single as just got out of a loooonnnng relationship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

Single, as had a bad break up. :/

Not quite ready for a relationship yet.

same as here ava:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Just got divorced. Drink too much. Standards pretty high. Have semi-relationships with 2 women right now. Wouldn't settle with either though so need to stop it. Don't know what I want in life. Like being with my friends a lot as opposed to girlfriends. Get bored with sex with same woman after short time.
    All of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Cause I'm too busy being promiscuous.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Just got divorced. Drink too much. Standards pretty high. Have semi-relationships with 2 women right now. Wouldn't settle with either though so need to stop it. Don't know what I want in life. Like being with my friends a lot as opposed to girlfriends. Get bored with sex with same woman after short time.
    All of the above.
    you sound like a catch ! ha ha

[quote=[Deleted User];66718074]you sound like a catch ! ha ha[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sure we all have our secrets, I don't advertise these things when I'm creepin' on girls! The anonymity of the internet allows me to tell the utmost truth and not have to worry about people's reactions :D
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Because i can barely take care of myself right now, having to worry about someone else woiuld do my nut in. That and i get bored of people ridiculously easy. Personality wise im very hard to please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Because im rankkkkkk :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Single parent with two kids.. very hard to a) get out for nights out and meet new people.. and b) very hard to meet someone who would be willing to take on a ready made family (as I ain't popping out any more!! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Because the only women I attract are not single and desperately want to just be my friend :(

Damn my politeness :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Cause there's no tall (sexy) girls in Dublin or Kildare. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

Because my ex gf is a ****ing **** and broke up with me like a ****ing ****.

Bitter? No, not I.

• Advertisement

BumbleB wrote: »
    Cause there's no tall girls in Dublin or Kildare.

move to holland

I'm not great at meeting people in real life and have trust issues. Also, I tend to attract women that I'm not attracted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Single as just the way I like it at the moment would like to settle down eventually but like the way I can just up and leave in the morning and go to another country etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Wibbs wrote: »
    Basically because you have to account for each other in your plans. I'd figure if you don't then whats the point of a relationship. Of course, yea there's a balance, but that part of it is there. Now in the early days of being in mad pash love that's fine even welcome, its down the line where it can get restrictive. Especially if a few years down the line, you see the diffs in each other that rankle.

Look at PI etc and you'll notice the pretty obvious pattern of breakups around the three year mark. The honeymoons over and people figure, nah not worth continuing. Others continue as they may figure there's no alternative(more chance of splitting at 25 than at 35) and the lucky few IME are actually compatible. Its a helluva emotional and time investment and leap of faith. An investment I would be very wary of making again.

It depends. I know people who had a much better social life after 30 than before. More men than women though. In general I would be far more concerned to be a single woman at 35 than a man. TBH if I had a daughter I'd advise her to get somewhat settled into something long term before 30, not after. While I do know plenty of women who got loved up at 30, 40 or 50, their choices are less and it's much harder. With a son I wouldnt be nearly as concerned unless he was a more passive shy guy.

Thats a big statement Wibbs. I was the woman who settled down before 30 and it did'nt work out. Now in my more recent experiences of dating, the men i have come accross are generally between ages of 32 to 45. These men have what i have come to call " The Fear " and that is the fear of not meeting someone and being alone for the rest of their lives. So i think your sole concerns for the single woman at 35 may be a little unfounded, there seem to be plenty of men who feel the same way !

Oh, and just to add , the choices are plenty for the older woman, you just have to look in the right places !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

All the singletons in this thread need to go to the next beers and get it on with one another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

laugh wrote: »
    All the singletons in this thread need to go to the next beers and get it on with one another.

YA! that's what we need!

For some reason I only attract guys that I've no attraction to at all.That is with the exception of the two boyfriends I've had. but ya mostly it's either men that are a good bit older than me, or too young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Single because it's fair more fun then he alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭bigtuna

I attract guys who I have no interest in. When I tell them this they seem to think I'm playing hard to get. I couldn't be arsed with games. I just don't fancy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Single.... And looking for a lady.... Still looking :(

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    move to holland
    For wooden shoes ,tuilips .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I'm single, and far too selfish and stuck in my ways to compromise now! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Didn't read the whole thread... too much ...
    but I'm finally and happily single because Irish men are crap - incapable to love, to listen, to commit without being clingy.
    Or they expect after a few months to get married and being looked after. And they are useless in practical ways. Mammie's boys basically.

No wonder there are so many lonely single men in Ireland. Maturity seems to be a foreign concept in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

Wow, pretty harsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Carry wrote: »
    but I'm finally and happily single because Irish men are crap - incapable to love, to listen, to commit without being clingy.
    Or they expect after a few months to get married and being looked after. And they are useless in practical ways. Mammie's boys basically.

No wonder there are so many lonely single men in Ireland. Maturity seems to be a foreign concept in Ireland.
    Certainly not true of all Irish men, and maybe it's you, not your exes? You are, after all, what they all have in common...

Its amazing how youre able to tell what every single guy in Ireland is like.Have you superpowers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

"I'd prefer to be in a relationship, can meet people to date, but always mess it up or sabotage it." - That's me right there :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

What's this bullshít?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

You'll love AH.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Because no one is brave enough to take me on....being locked drunk and honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Wat are you gonna do bout it?????

Advertisement