Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving test this Friday.....

• 05-04-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have my driving test this friday and up until today i was not that nervous, but now i just feel sooo very nervous about doing it. And aswell as that there is a strange rubbing noise coming from front left wheel of my car and i'm concerned that it will cause problems when the tester hears it??:eek::(:eek::(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭DrivingTestTips: Brian

Check to see if you have something under your car, check your brake fluid, air pressure, check to see if your car pulls to the left when breaking, but best advice is mechanic.

If it is bad the tester may not continue the test.

+1

Nervous:
    look at the videos and make sure you are ready for your test and make sure you get the assistance of an RSA-ADI.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭metoyouxxx

+1

Nervous:
    look at the videos and make sure you are ready for your test and make sure you get the assistance of an RSA-ADI.

Videos are very good, I've been looking at them over the past couple of weeks. I'm able to do everything I'm just afraid my nerves will get the better of me on the day:(

As for my car I think I might use my fathers on the day as he has the same car as I do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Good luck :)

metoyouxxx wrote: »
    Videos are very good, I've been looking at them over the past couple of weeks. I'm able to do everything I'm just afraid my nerves will get the better of me on the day[IMG]file:///C:/Users/admin/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

As for my car I think I might use my fathers on the day as he has the same car as I do..

Good to know and thank you.

The dads car would be a good option to get around the car problem.

Are you getting Driving Lessons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭metoyouxxx

Good to know and thank you.

The dads car would be a good option to get around the car problem.

Are you getting Driving Lessons?

No, my dad was a tester in England years ago so he is helping me a bit, but I'll get one or two before Friday. He came with me today and said its mainly my observation that i need to work on.

metoyouxxx wrote: »
    No, my dad was a tester in England years ago so he is helping me a bit, but I'll get one or two before Friday. He came with me today and said its mainly my observation that i need to work on.

That's good, let me know how you get on and all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Having a couple of lessons with an instructor here before the test is a good idea Metoyou..I'm not sure what they look for in the UK driving tests but there could be sight differences here that maybe your dad isn't aware of...especially on the technical part of the test & the type of questions asked etc.
    Also doing the test in your dad's car is probably better...if the problem with your own car is worrying you then that will only add to the nerves on the day..make sure you practise in his car tho cos even if it's the same make it still might feel different driving it (clutch, gears).
    Best of luck on Friday:)

Advertisement