Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cliffs of Moher Marathon

• 05-04-2010 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

So, ever since I saw this advertised I have been looking forward to the website getting up and running for entries, which it now is.

but

It's only a half marathon this year, with the full starting next year which is fine. However, it's €60 to enter :eek: Now is it just me, or is that just extortionate for a half marathon?

I've only lived in Ireland for a year, and have only just started looking into entering races this year, so not sure if this is just the way things are over here.......?

Rate this race based on, Scenery, PB potential, Atmosphere, Value, Organisation 6 votes

5 stars (excellent)
    0%
    4 stars (good)
    50%
    qweevarunningcoachNules10 3 votes
    3 stars (average)
    50%
    buck65d2carazyasimonov 3 votes
    2 star (poor)
    0%
    1 star (terrible)
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I haven't checked the website, and I prob should before psoting but th thought of €60 yo yos for a 1/2 marathon is a rip off.
    I'm all for "more races more choices" but I think this motto of mine is coming home to haunt me:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭LavaLamp

Glad it's not just me then!! I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the price. London Marathon is only £30, OK it is hard to get in, but I did and it rocked.

I was so looking forward to running the Cliffs but not at that price, I can do it in my spare time for free LOL!! Dread to think how much the full will cost next year :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

35 Euro for the half and 45 Euro for the full Burren marathon in the same part of the world. This is an off-road event but appears a lot better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

The Sonny-Murphy Kilnaboy 10 is in Clare next weekend for I think 15 quid. You are unlikely to leave without some kind of spot prize. I can't do it as am trying to heal up for the national 10k but I would love to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lighten up

Hi There

Just to confirm the entry fee to The Cliffs of Moher Half Marathon is €50 until the end of April (early bird) which may extend to May.

For €50 you get to run in our opinion one of the most scenic Half Marathons in Ireland if not in Europe you also get free entry into the Cliffs Visitor Centre & Exhibition Centre normally valued at €8, Technical T Shirt, shuttle bus, goody bag and lots more. You will be a part of a very well organised race that has been in the planning for the last 18 months.

The Full Marathon is on in 2011 and the entry is €65, it is limited to 500 runners with predicted times of 4hrs 30mins or less.

Looking at the running websites, currently there are 3 half marathons in Ireland valued at €60 I have ran in 2 of them previously and feel I got my moneys worth and had a great experience.

It is all down to personal choice at the end of the day and lets face it, there are loads of different races out there to choose from something for everyone.

For more information visit www.cliffsofmohermarathon.ie and any queries drop us an email to info@cliffsofmohermarathon.ie. Remember the main website will be updated and go live this afternoon.

Thanks for reading this and seeing things from our point of view.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

lighten up wrote: »
    Hi There

Just to confirm the entry fee to The Cliffs of Moher Half Marathon is €50 until the end of April (early bird) which may extend to May.

For €50 you get to run in our opinion one of the most scenic Half Marathons in Ireland if not in Europe you also get free entry into the Cliffs Visitor Centre & Exhibition Centre normally valued at €8, Technical T Shirt, shuttle bus, goody bag and lots more. You will be a part of a very well organised race that has been in the planning for the last 18 months.

The Full Marathon is on in 2011 and the entry is €65, it is limited to 500 runners with predicted times of 4hrs 30mins or less.

Looking at the running websites, currently there are 3 half marathons in Ireland valued at €60 I have ran in 2 of them previously and feel I got my moneys worth and had a great experience.

It is all down to personal choice at the end of the day and lets face it, there are loads of different races out there to choose from something for everyone.

For more information visit www.cliffsofmohermarathon.ie and any queries drop us an email to info@cliffsofmohermarathon.ie. Remember the main website will be updated and go live this afternoon.

Thanks for reading this and seeing things from our point of view.
    :)

I have no problem with an entry fee of 50/60 Euro for any race. If people want to pay it they will if they dont they wont.

From reading your e-mail it seems to me that you are part of the organisation of this event. If this is the case, to respond to a query about cost with a new user name of "Lighten Up" seems in my opinion, insensitive regarding the OP's point of view and idiotic from a PR perspective for your event.

I will not run in this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Feelgoodfactor

Hi There

I have just had a read through the various comments of which I shall take them on board and also the user name used by one of the team. I apologise if the user name offended you in anyway, it will not be used again.

Kind regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Fair play to you Feelgoodfactor/lighten up! It's always good news when a race organizers joins us on boards and listens to runners (swimmers and cyclists too!) feedback. I don't think I'll be entering this year (running Berlin marathon the following day), but would love to run it in the future. A few questions if you don't mind:

1) Are you the same crowd who are organizing the Kildare half marathon? (same graphics).
    2) Are the roads closed? I've run on those roads a number of times and they're scary at the best of times.
    3) Is any of the entrance fee going to charity?
    4) What will the marathon route be next year? Please don't say two laps of the same route. Would love to do a circular route that starts and ends in Doolin (or Lahinch).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Fair play to you Feelgoodfactor/lighten up! It's always good news when a race organizers joins us on boards and listens to runners (swimmers and cyclists too!) feedback. I don't think I'll be entering this year (running Berlin marathon the following day), but would love to run it in the future. A few questions if you don't mind:

1) Are you the same crowd who are organizing the Kildare half marathon? (same graphics).yep...
    2) Are the roads closed? I've run on those roads a number of times and they're scary at the best of times...therewill be road restrictions,finalised when road managment plan is sorted with the gardai
    3) Is any of the entrance fee going to charity?3 charitys,1 is the clare crusaders
    4) What will the marathon route be next year? Please don't say two laps of the same route. Would love to do a circular route that starts and ends in Doolin (or Lahinch).....fanore to lahinch

fanore to lahinch
    Excellent. Will definitely do the full some time, as long as the price is reasonable. I've run that stretch before, and it's brilliant. Wouldn't like an unfavourable coastal wind :eek:.

You should do like the Comrades, and swap directions every year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Backmarker

Another 'value for money' race! :rolleyes: €60 + booking fee to enter, then only first 5 men and women, plus spots. No category prizes.

I'm not going to be in the running for any of those, but I'd like to think I might, on a good day, have a chance. With little on offer - no chance!

I think I'll hang on for one of the real value for money races.

I appreciate that there are various costs associated with organising such an event, and that these costs are likely to be high. I am just disappointed that the entry fee is so high. I was very excited to see this race was taking place, and was looking forward to entering, but in all honesty I can't afford to. My problem I know, and I'm sure those that do enter will have an awesome day.

Thanks for joining the forum though guys, it's great to see organisers get involved on here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

3 stars (average)
    Was all set to run this event in September but I see the price is €60! I will be running in Clonmel Half next weekend for €35 (it was €25 up to end July). Looks like I'll be looking for another half around that time in September instead.

I ran Achill last year for €60 as well, nice race but come on! Ballycotton is €15 and the organisation is second to none.
    Kilkenny half I think was around €35 as well. Don't understand this ridiculous (Cliffs of Moher, Achill) pricing at all.
    Pity too as I live in Ennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

buck65 wrote: »
    Was all set to run this event in September but I see the price is €60! I will be running in Clonmel Half next weekend for €35 (it was €25 up to end July). Looks like I'll be looking for another half around that time in September instead.

I ran Achill last year for €60 as well, nice race but come on! Ballycotton is €15 and the organisation is second to none.
    Kilkenny half I think was around €35 as well. Don't understand this ridiculous (Cliffs of Moher, Achill) pricing at all.
    Pity too as I live in Ennis.

The whole pricing thing is a real thorny issue at the moment. It is a bit difficult to compare like with like - for example comparing Ballycotton and Achill. Or Frank Duffy 10 and Connemara Half. As races - each race has something to commend itself - Achill (scenery, tough course), Ballycotton (tradition, defacto 10 mile championships :-) ), Cliffs of Moher (scenery, etc)

I think it would be useful for organisers of races that charge say about 30 euro to give a rough breakdown of where the remainder of the money is going?

What looks like value for money at the moment - if you are looking at distance races, is the Athlone 3/4 in October.

As previous posters have said - it is a democratic choice this racing business - if you want to pay you can otherwise you can shop around for another race...

What I keep thinking of is --- if the Cliffs of Moher half was just the Lahinch Half Marathon (which happened to take in a tour of the cliffs) and rather than having a Feel Good Events crew that they just had an organising committee? would the pricing be different?

And is this Feel Good Events crew branding (first Kildare and now the Cliffs ... ) is it going to spiral into other events?

Jeez, I'm really glad it's not just me that finds the pricing of some events crazy. I looked at the Galway Bay Half Marathon this morning thinking I'd do that instead of the Cliffs and then found that that is €50 :eek:

I agree that some kind of transparency from the organisers of events would go a long way to helping understand the pricing - if I found out half my entry fee was going to charity or something similarly useful I might not be so feckin outraged at the price.

I am half minded to sling on my hi-vis vest and go run the Cliffs marathon route on my tod for free just for the heck of it :D

3 stars (average)
    I know courses are different and all that but many halves seem to be around €35. Fair enough there are coaches and transfers involved, so maybe an extra 3 or 5 euro. This "free entry" to the Cliffs is a joke too, take €8 or whatever off the race entry and let people go to the Cliffs if they feel like it.

To put this in perspective the Dublin marathon is €70 with roads closed, long sleeve shirt, gels and water stops everywhere, Spar lunchbox at the end, goodie bag.

€30-40 should be the maximum for a race like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

I know the area well and tbh the 'Cliffs of Moher' half marathon is a bit of a misnomer.

The route passes the cliffs car park, thats the 'Cliffs of Moher' part, and any of the scenery which should be this events unique selling point is at your back as your leaving Doolin i.e. Aran Islands, Burren .... the start and finish are the wrong way around

All of this and the crazy price make this one I'll be skipping

3 stars (average)
    If you went the other way round there would be some climb out of Liscannor!

I agree that it is a bit of a misnomer but I don't mind that so much as it sounds attractive and does pass near the Cliffs and will sell a few more entries.

I (and a few other people I train with) would love to do this race as it is on our doorstep but with all the choice out there at more realistic prices we will be likely passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

If you went the other way round there would be some climb out of Liscannor!

the planned route has a monster climb out of Doolin past the castle ..... start and finish are at sea level so for every step up you have one down.:)

Its not going to be an easy event but having said all that I'd have probably done it only for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

I would not normally run this because of the price better value elsewhere, but I need some races of this elevation profile for my target of Athens in November

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

discount......quote cam2010 when entering....

I (and a few other people I train with) would love to do this race as it is on our doorstep but with all the choice out there at more realistic prices we will be likely passing.

How about doing a "non Cliffs of Moher marathon", i.e everyone that wants to run it gets together and runs it on another day - I know the roads are a bit tricky but I'd totally be up for that (although I think the hills would kill me, am barely 10k fit at the moment let alone half marathon lol).....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fdnyrunner

I'm coming from New York to visit family in Clare, and plan on running the half in preparation for the NYC Marathon in November. Is there anyway to check out the course in the week leading up to the race?, or are those roads generally too busy? It would be great to link up with any running groups in the area for a couple of tempo runs that week, if possible. (I'm looking to race 1:30-1:35.) Any info at all would be GREATLY appreciated!

e-mail: Shane_snc@yahoo.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭jfh

pm sent

3 stars (average)
    Can't seem to register at the moment - discount code invalid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭The Hammer

sibh1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I have never run a half marathon before, I started with a PT a few months ago. I had no level of fitness at all, and now am up to running about 25 mins.. no idea of fitness.

Is there any way that I might be ready for this in six weeks? I want to support one of the named charities for this event? Would you be laughed at for running/walking?

There is no way you will be laughed at for running/walking - you will find the running community a very very friendly and supportive bunch.
    However from what I know of the course - this is a very tough one to start with - very tough hills etc..

If you want to give a good go at a mixture of running/walking the half marathon - i would imagine you would need to try to get to about 60 minutes running (slow easy) pace - before you should attempt to run this one...

Nothing against running the first couple of miles and walk/jog etc the last miles...

Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice. I have never run a half marathon before, I started with a PT a few months ago. I had no level of fitness at all, and now am up to running about 25 mins.. no idea of fitness.

Is there any way that I might be ready for this in six weeks? I want to support one of the named charities for this event? Would you be laughed at for running/walking?

Hi Sibh, Aiming to run the entire course from your current levels of running (25 mins) in 6 weeks time would be a big ask. However, the course seems to be open to walkers, so at the very least you'll be able to walk the entire course (and I'm sure there will be many others walking the course), and any running you might do is a bonus. There is a different start time for runners/walkers, so might be worth your while checking with the organizers to see if it's ok for walkers to do a walk/run strategy. It sounds like the course closes four hours after the walker's start, i.e. 12pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

Hi All,

I dont think it sounds crazy at all, PROVIDED you dont have any niggling injuries.

I did my first ever 10miler last weekend, having only run 8km prior to that. managed to run the entire thing (twice the distance i had run in training).

Am guessing youre running about 4-5km at the moment. You could aim to increase to 6km this weekend, then 8km the following weekend, then 10km, then 12km, then 14km, and hope for the best on the day.

it's definitely do-able, but you wouldnt want to have dodgy knees or anything, and you'd need to be commited for the next 6 wks.

if you have to walk a bit of it, you will absolutely not be laughed at, there'll be plenty more doing it!

i'd continue with 1-2 short runs durinmg the week, and a long one each weekend that gets longer by 1-2kms every weekend..

the race starts in Doolin, i take it we park the cars there? that could be a real bottle neck, anyone know how we get back from lahinch to doolin. thanks

• Advertisement

3 stars (average)
    Run back again sure you'll have a marathon ran on the cheap! If you're fast enough the water stops will still be open.

There are transfers back for the weedy half marathoners.

Promo code = cliff0810

thanks buck65, think i park in lahinch so, get a lift up for start

what discount does the promo code give?

3 stars (average)
    Tenner

anyone else here doing this?
    the first 6 miles look challenging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

3 stars (average)
    i'm pacing 90' at it - and yes it'll be important to get over that 6 miles of climb with legs in someway intact :)

asimonov wrote: »
    i'm pacing 90' at it - and yes it'll be important to get over that 6 miles of climb with legs in someway intact :)
    What's your approach to pacing it going to be Asimonov? Are you planning on running the climb slower and compensating on the downhill, or running at even pace? Just curious about the strategy.

Would really love to have done it, as I know and love the area. Hopefully next year, they'll have the full marathon.

• Advertisement

jfh wrote: »
    anyone else here doing this?
    the first 6 miles look challenging!

I am doing this as prep for Athens (similar profile)
    asimonov wrote: »

Interested in how you will approach this as well. The downhill section is quite steep and will hit peoples quads quite hard if they try to make up time in that section.

3 stars (average)
    What's your approach to pacing it going to be Asimonov? Are you planning on running the climb slower and compensating on the downhill, or running at even pace? Just curious about the strategy.
    ger664 wrote: »

Interested in how you will approach this as well. The downhill section is quite steep and will hit peoples quads quite hard if they try to make up time in that section.

Hey ger664, i only know what i can see on the mapmyrun elevation, if you know the area maybe you can let me know if what i am thinking makes sense or if its off the wall.

I asked the organisers if they wanted me to run it even paced and they said they didn't mind. I think if i gonna help someone hit 90' -its not gonna be by dragging them over that hill at 4:16 pace.
    The approach is going to be the as if i was running a race - conservative enough start and finish strong.

Of course if it was a flat race i'd just even split it all the way. But its not and anyone who PB's on this is capable of running a faster time on a more even course.

Of the first 10k about 5k seems steep while the rest is pretty light, we're gonna have to relax up the steeper hills giving time away - there is a section between 5-8km that looks ok so we might be close enough to pace there - but not on it. I was thinking I might give about 15 seconds a km back on the steep bits (75" - 100" in total) and let the steep downhill and the other lighter uphills balance each other out.

So if we hit 13k down about 1' - 1.5' down i could make that up over 8k or about 10" per mile - running between 4:02 - 4:12 pace pace on the downhill - flat bits.

Here;s how it looks on mapmyrun..
    1 - 1.75 - flat (1.75k)
    1.76 - 4.9 - steep uphill (3k)
    5 - 8 - light hill (3k)
    8.1 - 10 - steep uphill (2k)
    10.1 - 13.5 - steep downhill (3.5K)
    13.6 - 17 - fast downhill (3.4)
    18 - finish flat (3.1)

Your plan looks good, the start into Doolin is slightly downhill and then slightly uphill until the 2K the first steep climb starts steep and gradually the incline reduces, after that map my run is pretty much on the money.

This is tough because of the climb, but if we get a south/south west wind it will make this run brutal as there is no cover except on the downhill section.

You will be running into it except for the first 3K and Liscannor to Lahinch golf course where you will turn into it again for the last K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

You and your Kilometers Asimonov! I have to get the pencil out to figure what that is in old money :)

3 stars (average)
    Just back home from this, paced 90' minutes.

This was a very well run event, it had a very positive upbeat atmosphere - especially around the start in doolin - a really beautiful setting for a race start. I would have loved to have stayed in the campsite beside the pier - that looked great.

The course was accurately measured and marked, proper stewards and support crew not just a local rent a mob and a decent goodie bag if you're into that kind of thing.

The hills on the first 6 miles make the course challenging but its a bit faster then connemara i'd say - once the hills are out of the way its pretty much downhill all the way to the finish - in terms of pacing we gave about 70" seconds away over the first 6 miles and got them back again by the 9th mile without having to push the pace. I ran with two guys in particular and we were chatting up until about mile 10 and the time was just flying by - with others dropping in and out as the miles went on. One of two made it at 89:30 but the other dropped back at mile 12 - managed to help get a few others home on time i think.

The two negatives were the traffic which while restricted was not diverted, i nearly got cleaned out of it at one point and there was very little support on the route other than from the team running the event.

After the race, i managed to get up to the cliffs between the cliffs of moher and doolin and watched the boarders catching the waves at aileen's - awesome stuff.

I got my results texted to me on the way home - 1:29:45 - so happy with that.

results here http://www.cliffsofmohermarathon.ie/Cliffs_half_marathon_results.xls

• Advertisement

Event was very well run today by the event management team, a bit disappointed that roads where not fully closed but Local Council where never going to totally shut of access to visitors center at the cliffs unless forced to by Gardai if there was 1500+ runners/walkers.

I think that runners been made run on the left side of the road was not the correct decision, whoever made it. It meant we had to cross traffic at 3 points, entry and exit from the cliffs and at the finish. Had we ran on the right hand side ( the correct side to run) participants would not be required to cross the road at any point and reduces the points of conflict between runners/walkers and vehicular traffic. Personally I had no issues with the traffic management but there was potential hazards at these points.

There was also an issue with visitors crossing in front of the lead runners in the cliffs center. The choc fix here was great.

The finish location of Lahinch is perfect and I hope they keep it for next year, been able to enter the sea up to waist level after a run of this nature was the highlight for me. There was a bit of a queue for the coffee/tea in Seaworld, some of the event crew offered to help but this was not taken up by the owner.

There where however some low points for me and its down to code of conduct of other runners,
    (i) when roads are not closed turn off your ipods , it made the two girls on the bikes at the rear of the field who where trying to manage the traffic situation a lot more difficult.
    (ii) we got water bottles instead of cups today great, so why do people chuck them away half full after 100 yards in the middle of the road.

I think that the early start really reduces the amount of support on the route especially as its a half. The run is finished before a lot of people will consider getting out of bed on a Saturday morning.

I meet a German guy on the bus back to Doolin. He organises trips for marathon runners in Germany and was sufficiently satisfied with todays event that he will be returning next year for the full with a group of 20 or so runners. This is good as with the location of this event it has the potential to grow into something that can help the local tourism sector and running in Ireland. I just hope that local organisations and the event crew can deliver a race that can grow to International standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

4 stars (good)
    I did the cliffs run today too. Not as fast as you guys. I really enjoyed it. Water stations were well placed. I have to say I found the hills fine... I was dreading them but got up them with ease. Probably could have done them faster. There was a great atmosphere around at the start. Support a bit scarce around the route. I normally wear earphones for running but didn't today as it was recommended not to, saw why when a runner wearing earphones veered out in front of a car approaching from behind. I have to say I thought the price was steep enough. But having said that I loved the run the challenge of the hills and the fact I finished alot faster than I expected. Next year sub 2 hrs :-) can someone tell me do we really have to register by the end of October this year to get the discount. I don't know what I am doing next week let alone this time next year

was impressed with the event, went well, course faster than i thought. paced behind asimonov for first 6 miles, then picked up the pace on the downhill section. thanks for that and would agree that the road should have been closed, i was behind you when that jeep came over the hill and skidded.
    it's a busy enough road and you needed to be constantly paying attention.
    overall well run and will do again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Sounds great. Well done Asimov for some pacing perfection.

3 stars (average)
    Really enjoyed the race. Was happy with my time. Sure the hills were tough but there were sufficient flats between them to drag some time back or recover. Very well organised apart from the traffic - Liscanor especially was dodgy with cars pulling out but the roads were quiet enough.
    No local support out at all but I suppose it was early - and rural for the most part. Actually enjoyed running into the Cliffs themselves for that bonus hill!
    Will definitely be back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Very enjoyable run. It really felt like once you had the first half done it was a case of ticking off the miles until the finish. I tried to follow the 1.45 pacer all the way round but lost him up the last climb before the visitor centre. Always kept him in sight until the last 2 miles when I think he put a bit of a burst on to finish for 1.45. I snuck in just under 1.46 so happy enough. Thanks to the pacer for a good job in getting every over the first 6 miles. Would def recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭qweeva

4 stars (good)
    I have to say that the 1.45 pacer was brilliant. He did such a great job. He was so encouraging and made the day really enjoyable. He got me over the line in 1.44.59! Thank you!!!:D

redved wrote: »
    Always kept him in sight until the last 2 miles when I think he put a bit of a burst on to finish for 1.45.

Hi redved, I was the 1:45 pacer - not sure if there was that much of a burst towards the end, but suffice it to say that there was not a whole lot to spare when I was crossing the line :) Will check my watch though to be sure.
    redved wrote: »
    Thanks to the pacer for a good job in getting every over the first 6 miles.

You are very welcome. Given the large group that we had going up the hill, many of whom left us behind from the top of the hill, I think the strategy of climbing at 8:20 pace was the right one.

qweeva wrote: »
    I have to say that the 1.45 pacer was brilliant. He did such a great job. He was so encouraging and made the day really enjoyable. He got me over the line in 1.44.59! Thank you!!!:D

Thanks queeva, you did brilliantly to hang on and I'm thrilled that your chip time delivered the sub 1:45

+1. Well done Lecheile and Asimonov. Delighted it went off well, and will hopefully make it down next year for the marathon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement