Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 400D Error 99 message

• 05-04-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi there. I have a Canon 400D which keeps showing Error 99 shooting is not possible turn power off or reinstall battery when i do this it takes 1 photo and then Error 99
    comes up again.......any other Canon owners come across
    this problem Thanks pat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

Error 99 is one of those errors that are ambiguous and can be hard to determine the cause. Try using a different lense and/or cleaning the contacts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

padowado wrote: »
    and then Error 99

Buy a Nikon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Two things it could be :

Old lens or

Clean the lens + body contacts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Buy a Nikon ?

Constructive posts are welcome. This is not constructive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

padowado wrote: »
    Hi there. I have a Canon 400D which keeps showing Error 99 shooting is not possible turn power off or reinstall battery when i do this it takes 1 photo and then Error 99
    comes up again.......any other Canon owners come across
    this problem Thanks pat

Yes, I have had an Error 99 on a 40D. The normal advice for this is to a) clean the lens contacts or b) try a different lens. Do not do this if the camera is wet because if you get water inside the camera, you can forget about it. Speaking from experience.

Error99 is the Canon equivalent of the blue screen of death. If you get it, and cleaning the lens contacts does not work, you are looking at having to send it to be serviced or looked at by a camera technician.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭grumpygit

Had the same error on my 40D a few weeks back, changed lenses etc and no joy. I rang Canon who asked me a few questions and told me to send it to image supply systems for repair. As far as I can gather they then sent it to canon to be repaired. Got it back about 3 weeks after sending it and according to the invoice they replaced the main PCB, did a full check and test. Bad news was it cost me 245 euro which was not as bad as I thought it might be(considering they changed the main PCB) as they told me their min charge was 185 euro +VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

I have had this on my 40d but only with 1 lens and as it happens the lens contacts are damaged.

Advertisement