Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Aeration.

Options
  • 05-04-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Have a lawn, that at the moment is looking pale and soggy. Went to a garden centre on Friday and was given a lawn feed to help growth and told that it would have to be aerated to help with the soggyness. Anyway, in the middle of the conversation my phone rang and the conversation with the expert ended there. Question is, when do i aerate or can i work away now.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭doubtfir3

As far as I know you should ideally aerate now.

Then ideally get some sand and moss peat mix and rake/brush it into all the holes across the garden, and then you can feed.. once the garden is drained and aerated it will be better equipped to recover.

I'm in a similar position at present and this seems to be the best route for me.. the only problem now is to see what kind of aerator to use.. I've seen the ones that you strap on to your shoes and all kinds of rollers and spring loaded options but haven't chosen which one to opt for yet.. any advice on this front?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

doubtfir3 wrote: »
    As far as I know you should ideally aerate now.

Then ideally get some sand and moss peat mix and rake/brush it into all the holes across the garden, and then you can feed.. once the garden is drained and aerated it will be better equipped to recover.

I'm in a similar position at present and this seems to be the best route for me.. the only problem now is to see what kind of aerator to use.. I've seen the ones that you strap on to your shoes and all kinds of rollers and spring loaded options but haven't chosen which one to opt for yet.. any advice on this front?

Hi Doubtfir3
    Sorry for the felay in getting back to you.
    Just aerated the lawn. I rented an aerator machine from a tool hire(€100 day hire). Hope it does the trick. Lawn was very wet to walk on. Will fertilise on Sunday , give the lawn a rest after the abuse i gave it today.

Advertisement