Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Perfect Powder!

• 05-04-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

Ive been searching for this ever since I came across powder...I have shiny skin that isn't too oily, so I'm looking for a good powder for shine, but not a matte one. Matte powders clump on my skin and after a while, gathers in lumps on my face. I'm willing to spend on a really decent one! Atm I'm using mineral radiance by bourjois, it's ok, doesn't do what I want to get rid of the shine, I use it only because it doesn't make me orange by the end of the day. I always have to re-apply powder because of the shine, especially on my nose, so I'm looking for one that doesn't go orange through re-application. Any tips or advice? I haven't tried any mac powders, maybe thats the way to go? I have tried clinique matte finish powder, too clumpy. Maybe the non-matte one would be better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I use a MAC Mineralize Powder which I find really good.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT869&PRODUCT_ID=1343

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

looks good, thanks :) how much is it in euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I have the exact same problem and iv tried loads. Best one hands down is Rimmell shine control powder. Get it in "translucent" cause if there's no colour in it so it doesn't clump, I reapply it loads of times throughout the day and you don't notice it at all. It doesn't give any coverage so you have to wear foundation with it.

Best bit is it's about €7 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Oh and get a good brush to put it on with, I got a body shop one and love it, much better than sponges or anything

Thnaks :) I'll give it a try, there's rimmel around the corner in the chemists :) woo. If it doesnt work out I'll go MAC. haha. I have a good No.7 brush but I do liek the look of the body shop ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

orla wrote: »
    I use a MAC Mineralize Powder which I find really good.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT869&PRODUCT_ID=1343

I use this also, v good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Pythia wrote: »
    I use this also, v good.

me too :)

Good coverage, durable and makes my skin look pretty much flawless with very little effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I find no.7 translucent powder very good. I have a very oily t-zone so I need to use powder everyday otherwise my makeup would slide off.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

+1 for No7 translucent loose powder, it's the only thing I'll use. Bobby Browne also do a really good one, it's very silky but a little bit pricey so I keep it for nights out etc, the No7 does me for day wear..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I like the Boots No. 7, but even better is Cornsilk, which comes in satin and matte finishes. It feels very light and keeps shine off longer.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

+1 for the Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

Ive started to use the no.7 shine free makeup base. Its in a white tube. Only €14.50 (or €7 if you have their €7.50 off voucher).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Mac's blotting powder is quite good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

+1 for Cornsilk. Best powder on the market, it's so unbelievably light,
    loose and doesn't add colour. :D
    I buy mine in Boots, think it's around €10 or thereabouts.

I've never seen or heard of Cornsilk :S Is it a brand or just the name of a powder? Forgive my ignorance..

It's a brand and really hard to get. Usually have it in Boots or the occasional chemist.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corn-Silk-Translucent-Pressed-Powder/dp/B001AUYTYC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1270660253&sr=8-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

It's a brand and really hard to get. Usually have it in Boots or the occasional chemist.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corn-Silk-Translucent-Pressed-Powder/dp/B001AUYTYC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=drugstore&qid=1270660253&sr=8-2

The loose one is really good too, if you apply with a big brush.

Its made from milled walnut shells!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I bought the Rimmel powder some of you were talking about today.
    Looking forward to trying it tomorrow cos I'm gonna be on warm sweaty old public transport! :pac:

So far I love the rimmel powder! :) Works great with full foundation or just some tinted moisturiser and concealer. We'll have to see if it passes the test for school though..! I think I'll get the MAC one for nights out, I'll probably become addicted though. Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

I got the Rimmel powder and I really like it!
    It's great that it's translucent because it doesn't affect the colour of my foundation.
    My foundation stays on better with the powder over it and it's great for mattifying when I get too warm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

No7 translucent loose powder - excellent!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULgirl2010

hey, i had the exact same problem, didnt like powder building up on my face throughout the day from constantly having to top it up so i tried mac's blot powder... its the best thing invented! it completely controls shine and i have never had to top it up more than once in any given day! its approx €23 but well worth it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

+1 for Cornsilk. Best powder on the market, it's so unbelievably light,
    loose and doesn't add colour. :D
    I buy mine in Boots, think it's around €10 or thereabouts.

I looked for this powder in Boots but didn't see it.

A search on the web came up with Sally Hansen Cornsilk. Is this a different product? Anyone tried that? Seems readily available on Ebay :o

It's not the Sally Hansen, here's the one I mean if you want it on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CORN-SILK-COMPRESSED-POWDER-ORIGINAL-SATIN-CORNSILK_W0QQitemZ370288706486QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Face_Powder_PP?hash=item5636ed43b6

As I said it is a hard one to find. Every so often they do have it in Boots, maybe ask one of the assistants.

Advertisement