Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little advice please

Options
  • 05-04-2010 2:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been working in sales for the past 11 years. I am a sales manager for a large multi national and for the most part I enjoy my work. For one reason or anothe I have never gained a professional qualification. This year I decided to change that and I did a professional diploma course in DBS. This course covered all of the main facets of the business environment, Finance, Marketing/Sales, Communications, HRM and Business Management. I thought at that this would be a good way to get a better idea of what area of business I most enjoyed before committing to a four year part time degree. Initially I assumed that I would probably favour marketing the most but to my surprise I have taken a keen interest in the finance/accountancy module. I find this area very interesting and I quiet enjoy studying it. I was hoping that somebody might help me with the following questions,
    1. What are the options for study in the accountancy/finance area?
    2. What types of careers are available?
    3. What is the difference between Management and finacial accounting and which is better for jobs in Ireland?
    4. In order to work as an accountant do I need to qualify with ACCA?
    5. If I did a degree in Business Studies with accountancy would this open doors for me and what type of position would I start in?

Any other tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Chewbacca.

What types of careers are available?
    ?Tescos
    What is the difference between Management and finacial accounting and which is better for jobs in Ireland?
    They are not the same
    In order to work as an accountant do I need to qualify with ACCA
    Umhum.

If I did a degree in Business Studies with accountancy would this open doors for me and what type of position would I start in
    PIECES OF PAPER CANNOT OPEN DOORS!!!! The intial position is to put your hand on the door handle.
    :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

Isn't it sad that some people have such pathetic sad lonely lives that in order to get some attention they have to troll through boards an indulge in what can only be described as a desperate attempt to be noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Chewbacca.

Bugnug wrote: »
    Isn't it sad that some people have such pathetic sad lonely lives that in order to get some attention they have to troll through boards an indulge in what can only be described as a desperate attempt to be noticed.

Booooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Please keep the posts helpful folks. Thanks.

Advertisement