Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird BC2 problem

Options
  • 05-04-2010 2:23pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, im having a weird issue with BC2.
    First of all i started having an issue where i join a server then select a squad etc, when i try to spawn the game just hangs for up to 10 seconds with a sound loop and then i spawn.
    This happens over and over again when i try to spawn,ie a 10 second wait before i spawn.
    No its not the spawn timer ingame,when that is at zero and i click spawn the game hangs as i explained.
    Once i get to spawn the game plays fine,its just the transition from the spawn screen to play where im having a problem.

To make matters worse soon after when i try join the game it said files are corrupt and to reinstall.
    Ive now reinstalled the game 4 times but have the same issue.
    I thought id reinstall the latest drivers but the problem remains.

The driver issue was a long shot as ive been playing weeks without a problem.
    I have two versions of the game, i have it on steam and also from EA store.
    BOTH version suffer the same issue after a few reinstalls.

Im not sure if its connected but recently ive been having explorer crashes.
    After much research on the net i was lead to believe this was caused by firefox,im now using Opera to see what the story is.
    As i say im not sure if its connected but just thought id mention it.

Its worth mentioning ALL other games are working fine, both online and offline.

Anyone else having a similar issue?
    Thanks for reading guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Im not getting a problem like that at all... But since i've installed the latest nvidia display drivers I cant exit the game. Click exit and it just freezes have to end it in task manager.

Maybe try some older drivers. Just a guess really...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

After spending most of the day trying everything i decided to reinstall windows.
    All working fine now, id love to know what it was though.

Could it be a virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Do you have a windows update recently? I is deffo a conflict with software or hardware.

Glad its working now...I had this with 2142 the dreaded loading screen error, was the only one in my old clan and I re installed the lot....keep an eye on it so it does not happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Sounds like it may have been a WIndows problem, or even a driver / HDD / ram / CPU issue.

Anything overclocked?

BF games have nearly always been fairly sensitive to system instabilities.

Hopefully its sorted now for you.

Advertisement