Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good fish restaurant in town - not Howth etc

Options
  • 05-04-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend any? I've never tried lobster before, well only small little bit so might give that a go. Otherwise just a really tasty and filling fish dish needed for later, somewhere around town, or even Castleknock or Blanch would be great.

Anyone got any ideas please? Avoiding the take away style beshoff's etc :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

The Angler's Rest is supposed to be good for lobster.

But I don't know, I've never been myself!

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Bentleys on Stephen's Green is a fishy restaurant. As I'm not a big fan of the stuff, I've never been so cannot comment on it. I believe it is pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Try the seafood restaurant at The Lord Edward, opposite Christchurch. It's the oldest seafood restaurant in Dublin. Has a great menu.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Bugnug

Jay D wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend any? I've never tried lobster before, well only small little bit so might give that a go. Otherwise just a really tasty and filling fish dish needed for later, somewhere around town, or even Castleknock or Blanch would be great.

Anyone got any ideas please? Avoiding the take away style beshoff's etc :D

Hi Jay,

Try the Mermaid Cafe on Dame St its excellent. Not sure if many restaurants in town are opened on this bank holiday. Also eating seafood on a bank holiday Monday is not a great idea as it will be 3 to 4 days old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I don't know any in the city. It's strange really, for an island we don't seem to have that much interest in seafood compared to other countries with a lot of coast like France, Spain and Portugal. I know so many people here that wont eat fish or prawns or anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't go wrong with Beer Battered Haddock and Homemade chips in the Bull and Castle at Christchurch (heading up on Thursday myself for some:cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Thanks for the feedback lads, amazing i walked within spitting distance of a few mentioned yesterday in search. Ended up in Siam, Andrew St. Done a nice dinner I have to say and an early bird menu every night of €21 isn't bad at all. Service was good, no service charge and the place itself was nice.

I had sea bass.

I will be definitely looking up a few other places mentioned here as well, particularly seeing as I knew one or two but couldn't think of any yesterday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Can't go wrong with Beer Battered Haddock and Homemade chips in the Bull and Castle at Christchurch (heading up on Thursday myself for some:cool:)

Have to say, that has in recent times been the biggest rip off kip I have eaten in.

Ceaser salad? Er how about gank mayo and lettuce more like it! Service? Rubbish, not to mention servicing for things I didn't even ask for. Oh and charging for them at the end! Sitting waiting for my dinner and some prick comes in needing money for a hostel in Rathmines.

I would never spend a cent in that hole again. the standard is horrible and I know of one place near me where what I got would have cost around 40 for 2, not close to 70!

Advertisement