Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota sales jump 41% year on year

• 05-04-2010 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Forget the safety "issues", is it priced right? ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/apr/05/toyota-sales-surge-in-march-2010
    The world's biggest carmaker saw US sales rise 41% in March from a year earlier, having fallen 16% year on year in January and 9% in February.

Toyota attributed its March performance to a raft of incentives that gave buyers discounts of up to more than $2,250 (£1,479) a vehicle last month.

The sweeteners, which included interest-free loans and discount leases, were introduced after the company's disastrous handling of complaints involving defective brakes and accelerators.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Ah now you title killers is a bit much, 99% of toyota's are perfect as regards the throtte thing, they recalled them all as a precaution, the whole thing is blown out of proportion by the media and by people speculating.

Almost every car manafacture has had a recall at some stage, it was just unfortuninte that as a result of the fault someone lost their lives. And the part was not made by toyota it was a semiens part that the problem was with so really everyone should have pointed at them not toyota.

i suggest you retitle your thread (even though you have the ")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm of course being sarcastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Piratez

Some people will be brand loyal no matter what possible defects they may have..

Piratez wrote: »
    Some people will be brand loyal no matter what possible defects they may have..

I know that but its not something i am far from it, we currently have an Auris great car(MPG/Relaibality) but i just dont like the look of it, she's the boss though but doubt it'll be a toyota prob an Audi next, B2T....

sarcasim, i hadn't noticed that, i thought it was a dig, your forgiven then so but i would still suggest changing the title its a bit misleading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That generic enough for you?

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    That generic enough for you?

See now thats sarcasim......:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is everyone not up on last year, what with all the scrappages schemes going on in various countries coupled with last year being a disaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Now is the safest time to buy a toyota, they are so paranoid on quality you can be sure the new cars selling today are the best. (better than Ford or Fiat anyway)

Advertisement