Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a submission in support of a planning application

• 05-04-2010 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

im looking for ideas as to the wording of a letter in support of an application by my brother closeby. any ideas ?:confused:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

im looking for ideas as to the wording of a letter in support of an application by my brother closeby. any ideas ?:confused:

what issues do you think he may have to deal with?? urban or rural?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭mirror mirror

its in a rural area.the site is part of a field of 2 acres.he was born and raised here and works locally. its just the local busy body has been mouthing about objecting to it ,he says theres plenty of vacant houses in town ,blah blah blah.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

its in a rural area.the site is part of a field of 2 acres.he was born and raised here and works locally. its just the local busy body has been mouthing about objecting to it ,he says theres plenty of vacant houses in town ,blah blah blah.

theres not much you can do to influence the decision, but basically verifying his local needs, and explain how and why you feel his involvement in the area can be good for yourself and the locality.

you will have family support etc.. the locality of benefiting because your brother is involved in *blank* eg GAA, social work, public service etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Personally, I would say most letters of support are not worth the paper they are written on, as the planners are not influenced by them.
    Most professional planners are by the book nowadays, so other considerations will be at play.
    I would suggest that your brother would be better off putting in all the ideas supporting his application into his cover letter/ documentation.
    FWIW, planners will pay little heed to busy body objections either, unless they raise verifiable facts.

Advertisement