Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Drowned

Options
  • 05-04-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

A body has been removed from the river near the courthouse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Rest In Peace.

Usually a sad day when you see the chopper up.
    DSC00139.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I'm pretty sure they are connected alright! I was in town this afternoon about 2ish and the chopper was still around, an hour and a half after the guy entered the water!! (I'm not giving out about the rescue teams, saying they are slow or anything, they do amazing work, just saying his chances were pretty slim)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

R.I.P :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is there anything coming out about the name or age?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Unlikely to be anything official yet until all the next of kin have been informed, I'd say tomorrow at the earliest!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Condolences to family and friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I was driving past King Johns castle about half 12. 2 squad cars, 1 van and 1 unmarked car all flew past with their lights and sirens on. Related to this presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Believed to be from Co. Clare according to 8pm news.

Condolences to family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭irishleedsfan

I live near the river and its surprising how often the helicopter is out they really do a brilliant job. Its very sad hearing it because more often than not it is tragic news like this case.
    RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

He only about 24 or 25, poor guy. Some of my friends were on his soccer team

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

Came upon this just seconds after in happened today, weird feeling standing on the bridge just seconds after someone took their life.

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Very sad. RIP poor guy and condolences to those who loved him left behind

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

At least whatever torment he was going through is over now. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Jigga wrote: »
    He only about 24 or 25, poor guy. Some of my friends were on his soccer team

RIP

Yep, used to play soccer with him, I didn't know him really well but he came across as a really nice guy.

RIP.

Mrmoe wrote: »
    Yep, used to play soccer with him, I didn't know him really well but he came across as a really nice guy.

RIP.
    Ya some of the lads are devastated. Didn't know him myself but they said he was a sound out lad

I'd know him to stop and have a chat with him. Like the lads are saying, seriously nice fella. Pleassure to talk to like.

Such a sad story :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

At least whatever torment he was going through is over now. Condolences to his family and friends.

To do what he did, the poor guy must have been going through some horrific mental anguish to get to that stage.

I knew someone who put a gun to his head in his parent's house and pulled the trigger not too long ago. The effect on the family was, and still is, devastating. That guy before he had to move back to his family home used to live near me, and was a good guy too. Seems in the last week at his parent's place, his mood lifted and he was even cracking jokes again. Some experts say that is when the person has come to peace with the idea of taking their own life and relaxes in the knowledge their pain will soon end. For the family it seemed like he was turning a corner and they thought better times were ahead.

The suffering for the guy on the bridge has ended now as well, but one word is going to echo amongst those he left behind.

Why.....?

Tough times ahead for those people, I wish them every sympathy and hope that they get the support of friends and relatives to aid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kess73 wrote: »
    To do what he did, the poor guy must have been going through some horrific mental anguish to get to that stage.

I knew someone who put a gun to his head in his parent's house and pulled the trigger not too long ago. The effect on the family was, and still is, devastating. That guy before he had to move back to his family home used to live near me, and was a good guy.

The suffering for the guy on the bridge has ended now, but one word is going to echo amongst those he left behind.

Why.....?

Tough times ahead for those people, I wish them every sympathy and hope that they get the support of friends and relatives to aid them.

I agree. A relation of mine went into the Shannon 2.5 years ago. Nobody could really figure out why and we still don't know the full story.

We searched for 6 days until some fishermen found his body down by Kileely.

Those 6 days will echo in our minds forever not knowing if he was simply lying in a ditch hurt.

He may have thought, my relation and the guy yesterday, that it will end the pain. Maybe for him, but the pain has only just begun for everybody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tanjy

Worked with him. Really nice guy. Honestly could not say a bad word against him. As is the case with most instances of this, you just couldn't see it coming. RIP

Great turn out in Scarriff for the man tonight anyway. Huge ques. Absolutely huge. And rightful so for a true gent.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I am sorry if this seems insensitive but have any media released the name?

I am sorry if this seems insensitive but have any media released the name?
    No but if you are that nosey just check the death notices

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Was there another Person recovered from the River yesterday ?
    (Thurs 9th) Did not hear anything on the news but a heard there was
    a lot of activity from the rescue services down by the river yesterday.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Yes it happened by poor mans Kilkee a man jumped in and was pulled out by the fire service.
    Thankfully he survived, all I hope is that he realises that he is one of the extremely lucky ones as so not many are fortunate to have a second chance after something like that. I hope he recieves the help and support that he needs as something must have been quite bothering him to go that far.

Another person went in yesterday?? :eek:

Lads whats going on? Thats so many people who have went in in the last few months. One of the lucky ones is right.

I know Search and Rescue do an unbelievable job but would it not make sense to have a someone posted along the river in town at all times, a lifeguard of sorts? Or is it a case of they don't have the resources to do so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Jigga wrote: »
    No but if you are that nosey just check the death notices
    Yeah, real nosey. Not to check if you may have known the guy, just nosey.:rolleyes:

Advertisement