Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Must have pedals!!

• 05-04-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭

If money was no issue (and unfortunately, it is a large one) what pedals would you have to have!!!!????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Im not big into having loads of pedals really. I'd have pretty much what i have at the minute, OCD v4 and TS9 tubescreamer. So nice fuzz pedal would be a nice addition. Don't even know which though.
    As you can probably tell, i like to keep things simple. Strat -> TS9 or OCD -> Amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

1. Tuner - TC Electronic Poytune
    2. Chorus/Flanger- Fulltone ChoralFlange
    3. Tubscreamer overdrive - Maxon OD808
    4. Wah - Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
    5. Delay/Reverb - TC Electronic G-Force

Others could be Xotic BB Plus, Fulltone Ultimate Octave.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Mataguri

Tuner - Polytune
    OD/Dist - TC Nova Drive. Great sounding pedal and midi controllable.
    Noise Gate - ISP Decimator
    Compressor - Keeley Compressor. Supposed to be the bees knees.
    Wah Pedal - Vision Wah. Stupidly expensive but highly rated.
    Pitch - Digitech Whammy. Classic pedal.
    Chorus/Delays etc- Eventide Timefactor and Modfactor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

If you're anyway into singing get the EHX voice box. It can be used as a genuine pedal but i got it two months ago and havent stopped playing with it.

Theres an incredible vocoder on it and loads of harmony settings - basically it reads your guitar and whatever your singing it adds appropriate harmony. You can set it to anything like a third above to a whole choir around your voice. You can also use it to make you sing an octave higher. Get your Mariah Carey on. Huge amount of fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Next one for me might be a pedal tuner. Broke though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

If money were no object, the list would be long and populated with past "pedals of the moment" that I read glowing recommendations of and bought, never to be used (I'm a dangerous man if I've an internet connection, a bottle of wine and a credit card).

If I could have just one pedal, it would have to be my Strobostomp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Lovetone Ring Stinger
    MoogerFooger delay
    MoogerFooger ring modulator
    Eventide ultra harmonizer (don't know about models of these, I just know I want one bad)
    2x Fender outboard reverb tank (one for regular reverb, one for kicking before a fuzz pedal
    EHX POG, HOG and Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai
    Yamaha SPX90
    Boss DM-2/3
    Fulltone Supa Trem
    Devi Ever Shoegazer
    Dwarfcraft Devices The Great Destroyer
    Digitech Whammy WH1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Depends on what kinda sounds you want really

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

I'd have the full compliment of Moogerfoogers
    Then I'd buy an Axe-Fx Ultra & a Midi foot controller & tweak until my dying day!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'd love to get my hands on an Electro Harmonix 16 second delay and a Kaoss pad...

Alas, the EHX 16 second delay is no longer for sale anywhere...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I want to add a digitech whammy, backstar dual and a 10 band MXR EQ to my chain. after that im happy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Is anywhere here stocking the Polytune yet? I think I read somewhere they were shipping near the end of March, I know it's early days yet, but still :)

@PeterIanStaker, do consider the Korg Pitchblack - I've been using a TU-2 and I switched over, it's got a better response time and accuracy than the Boss one, as well as being cheaper (€70 in X Music I believe). That is, if you don't go for a Polytune ;)

yevveh wrote: »
    Is anywhere here stocking the Polytune yet? I think I read somewhere they were shipping near the end of March, I know it's early days yet, but still :)

On Thomann site last time i checked.

Why would anyone want a 16 second delay thingy..........not even 'The Edge' would use one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Why would anyone want a 16 second delay thingy..........not even 'The Edge' would use one of those.

I'm sure Omar Rodriguez-Lopez could find a use for it!

It's a really powerful looper

Nels Cline does a lot of great stuff with it.

El Pr0n wrote: »
    It's a really powerful looper

Nels Cline does a lot of great stuff with it.

What a load of me hole. Jimi is probably turning in his grave watching that. :D

Are you serious? Talking about something like that that opens up so many possibilities like the 16SDD does, and all you can think about it Jimi ****ing Hendrix?

Are you serious? Talking about something like that that opens up so many possibilities like the 16SDD does, and all you can think about it Jimi ****ing Hendrix?

Sorry, SRV too. :D

Sorry, SRV too. :D

Okay, my bad :p

Okay, my bad :p

Sorry to bad mouth the thingy. Just not for me.....some of us need to concentrate on the practice rather than luxury pedals.

EVH wouldn't use one of them either. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭JajaD

what do people think of the BOSS ME70 pedal?

Sorry to bad mouth the thingy. Just not for me.....some of us need to concentrate on the practice rather than luxury pedals.

Haha, I'm not offended that you're slagging the pedal. I just think it's silly that people would shun equipment that lets them find sounds that very few people have tried to touch on or implement, in favour of following people like the guys who you mentioned. I don't think that type of guitar playing is interesting, or exciting anymore. When Hendrix plugged his guitar into a fuzz pedal or a wah pedal, it was amazing and outrageous... It's not relevant anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Haha, I'm not offended that you're slagging the pedal. I just think it's silly that people would shun equipment that lets them find sounds that very few people have tried to touch on or implement, in favour of following people like the guys who you mentioned. I don't think that type of guitar playing is interesting, or exciting anymore. When Hendrix plugged his guitar into a fuzz pedal or a wah pedal, it was amazing and outrageous... It's not relevant anymore.

I agree, you should listen to some of Nels Cline's "creations" with this thing...

And don't diss my choice in pedals again bitches... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

16SDD is awesome :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

That's a selling point in my eyes, I'd avoid whatever he uses like the plague :D

I'd like a 4ms Noise Swash too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Is that new tc electronics tuner out yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Edja

Thanks for all the replies lads! You see, I actually have a small bit of dosh put by for the last while and have been building it to improve my gear!

Currently I have a Fender Tele USA Deluxe and a Fender Blues Junior, which is a grand little amp, but a little noisy I think.
    I have decided on purchasing a new amp (undecided) and a new guitar, something a bit different. SOmeone here mentioned a Duesenberg, and am looking at trying one of those out in a few weeks! Look the dogs privates!

Anyway, wanted a new pedal too! I play fairly straight bluesy stuff like Alanstrainor mentioned. I currently own a Boss DD-1 Delay, a Fulltone Mosfet Fulldrive, a Real McCoy Custom WAH, a Carl MArtin Compression Pedal, and thats about it! I don't really know what I want but I am not sure I would make great use of loopers or flangers or phasers or the like, but I would like something to give my gigs (whenever I get them, rare occasion these days!!) /playing a little something else!

Has anyone seen Price play??? He uses something, hard to descibe (apart from awesome talent and a rig the size of a fridge)! Have a look at his playing on While My Guitar Gently Weeps at a George Harrison Tribute Concert!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifp_SVrlurY

At 5:06 into the song, he slides down the guitar and the sound is phenomenal! Its like a growl or something!!! How does he do it!? I want that!!!!:eek::confused::D

Answers on a postcard please to.....:D

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Is that new tc electronics tuner out yet?

Thomann....83 nicker. http://www.thomann.de/ie/tc_electronic_polytune.htm

242399.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Edja wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies lads! You see, I actually have a small bit of dosh put by for the last while and have been building it to improve my gear!

Currently I have a Fender Tele USA Deluxe and a Fender Blues Junior, which is a grand little amp, but a little noisy I think.
    I have decided on purchasing a new amp (undecided) and a new guitar, something a bit different. SOmeone here mentioned a Duesenberg, and am looking at trying one of those out in a few weeks! Look the dogs privates!

Anyway, wanted a new pedal too! I play fairly straight bluesy stuff like Alanstrainor mentioned. I currently own a Boss DD-1 Delay, a Fulltone Mosfet Fulldrive, a Real McCoy Custom WAH, a Carl MArtin Compression Pedal, and thats about it! I don't really know what I want but I am not sure I would make great use of loopers or flangers or phasers or the like, but I would like something to give my gigs (whenever I get them, rare occasion these days!!) /playing a little something else!

Has anyone seen Price play??? He uses something, hard to descibe (apart from awesome talent and a rig the size of a fridge)! Have a look at his playing on While My Guitar Gently Weeps at a George Harrison Tribute Concert!

At 5:06 into the song, he slides down the guitar and the sound is phenomenal! Its like a growl or something!!! How does he do it!? I want that!!!!:eek::confused::D

Answers on a postcard please to.....:D

I would be upgrading the amp first :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Edja

Damned good point Fingers! Have about 1200 max to spend on an amp! Would of course prefer to spend less! Don't have lots of gigs pending or anything, and dont need a stack! Nice combo, 30 - 60 watt max! Max I would be playing would be a wedding size function hall, if you know what I mean. Was thinking of the VOX AC30C2X. But am open to suggestions if there is something better and cheaper!

Dr Z maz18 is a great all round amp. Expensive though and the nearest dealer is in the UK. I took a chance and bought one online. Very happy with it. Great blues/rock amp and takes pedals well if so desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Blackstar Artisan 15/30 combo is my suggestion. I'd love an AC30 as well and the blackstar comes close to them but I think they (BS) are more versatile, especially for blues. Xmusic have them in stock but you could probably pick them up cheaper in the UK

Edja wrote: »

Well, Prince is one of the most talented musicians who ever lived, most people can't get his sounds... ;)

I don't know, it sounds like that one's all in the touch. 90% of your tone is in your fingers, after all. Distort your guitar and play it like Prince does? I always noticed Prince's playing style is very literal and natural - stop worrying about hand placement and posture and strangle the thing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

Perfect set up. In Love with analogue pedals at the moment

Tele Custom '72 Deluxe
    zVex Wah Probe
    Keely Compressor
    zVex Fuzz Factory
    Jam Pedlas Red Muck
    Electro-Harmonix HOG
    T.Rex Tone Bug Reverb
    Polytune
    Boss DD-20
    Boss RC-50

Orange Rockerverb 50

Dreams

• Advertisement

Yrag2E wrote: »
    Perfect set up. In Love with analogue pedals at the moment

Tele Custom '72 Deluxe
    zVex Wah Probe
    Keely Compressor
    zVex Fuzz Factory
    Jam Pedlas Red Muck
    Electro-Harmonix HOG
    T.Rex Tone Bug Reverb
    Polytune
    Boss DD-20
    Boss RC-50

Orange Rockerverb 50

Dreams

That wah probe...looks interesting..Expensive though. Do you have one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

the wah probe is a cracker,
    excellent for adding mood to a tune as you sweep through it slowly
    but not ideal for wacka wacka "Amsterdam home movie" sounds
    your leg gets tired :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

I have the wah probe yeah. It is pretty amazing actually. You can mess around with frequency settings to get more/less wah. The only downside is the price but would prefer it over a dunlop

the rest I dont have but have tried at some point and I love them.

Yeah the lads over on the Z forum were raving about it. I'm not mad on the "WAH WAH" buzz but if i did have one i'd like to have the option of leaving it in a certain position. There was a lovely sweet spot on my old vox that I liked. :) Apart from that it looks nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dannyluvsu

In no particular order;

Digitech Wh-1
    Keeley modded Ibanez TS9-DX
    ZVEX Box of Rock
    ISP Decimator
    Peterson Strobostomp

Nice n simple!

• Advertisement
Advertisement